Bad day

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2001, 09:42 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hmpf...

I'm moving house (rented until we find somewhere to buy).. and staying with the same letting agent... and yet they still have to run another frickin check on me @ my expense... after dropping the 'references' form off, come out side to see old person reverse into the scoob, no external damage, but getting it checked tomorrow.. then call my PC manufacturer to ask about drivers as they appear to have been left out of the delivery (I had to rebuild due to the virus) and they say, oh sir, you need to pay for these disks as you didn't report them missing on delivery (within 30days)... add to that a crap day at work..

Flip side is
Super Furry Animals and that samuri games (I'm pissed) for the PS2 that I picked up tonight.. and the local PC store supplied me FOC the bits I needed, top lads @ Gateway in Guildford.

So sort of back to an average day...

Only wish I could help DW find some work, he deserves it...

Alex

(ramble over )
Old 07 August 2001, 09:47 PM
DominicA
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think on days like that you should adopt a NO TOLERANCE policy. KILL the agent, KILL the old bod, KILL the PC manufacturer.. KILL KILL KILL..EVIL..EVIL...EVIL...

or just write it off as one of them dayz...

Old 07 August 2001, 09:59 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Talking

Tell ya what, option A) was high on the list.. but eventually realised it was one of them dayz, as you said

Hope alls well in Domland

Alex

PS, you and Kim will have to come round, and I'll cook..... a take-away
Old 07 August 2001, 10:17 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

I once put down a deposit (4 weeks prior to moving in) on a house I was going to rent..

Then 2 days before I was going to move in, the agent called to say that the landlord wasn't letting the property anymore and that "could I come and collect my deposit"

I was going to be homeless in 48 hours - argh !! (plus we'd arranged removal company, another family had bought the house we were renting before) and so on..

The catch was, the landlord hadn't confirmed (in writing) to the agent that he was accepting our tenancy.. weeks went by with us thinking we had somewhere to live.. and the frikkin' agent hadn't chased it up..

And as they are the landords agent, and not our agent, they weren't liable.. grr.

[This message has been edited by DavidBrown (edited 07 August 2001).]
Old 08 August 2001, 08:36 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Red face

David - thats harsh.. god I hope that doesnt happen or Dominic's suggestion will probably take effect