Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Legoland

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2001, 12:56 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Markus

We went to Winsor last year, took our 11 yr old who is Lego-mad.

Yes it's pricey, at least to get in, I didn't buy much food. I'd say it was worth it once, but you won't be going back.

Not much for the adults but MiniLand is extremely well done. Kid loved it though, got his Lego driving licence for electric cars. NB we went in winter when it was freezing and no queues, saw Santa's Grotto (grotty more like).

As for the real one, you will look a long time for it in Holland, it's in Denmark. I just looked on the web at the park plan and it looks pretty much exactly the same as Windsor, and you have the cost of getting to and staying in Denmark too! Never been there though.

Cheers
BJH
Old 24 July 2001, 11:33 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, went to chessington on sunday.
My how it has changed since I last went there (9 years ago!) Kids loved it, so did I, plus getting jumped to the front of the queue for Samurai was fun

Anyway, this got me thinkin about legoland.

What's the Windsor one like? good for 7 - 9 year olds?

What I really want to know is what the REAL legoland is like, and i'm talking the one in holland. Anyone been? what's it like, how do you get there? better than winsor?
Old 24 July 2001, 11:43 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Windsor one is a good day out....ideal for 7-9 year olds. Not many "grown up" rides though ......be warned - food is very expensive. We had lunch (4 of us) & there wasn't much change from £50 !!!!
Its also very easy to get round in a day - as its not as huge as Alton Towers or such like.

Ro.
Old 24 July 2001, 11:46 AM
dba
Scooby Regular

Talking

eek,day out 2 adults 2 kids,not much from £100 after you have bought some lego.Not much for grown ups but Id say that 7-9 is the ideal age.As already said,take butties,its expensive.Get there early,gets bloody busy in school hols and you can wait 45 mins in queues for the cars and boats.
Old 24 July 2001, 01:00 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

Did lego land last summer.

Dont bother IMHO

Very expensive, not a great deal to do except look at the stuff, my kids are more in to rides than static.

Food was silly money & not that good either.

I'm going to Thorpe Park next time.

Old 24 July 2001, 02:59 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Brendan - thanks, should have known it was denmark, and i thought I was a lego fan!

Thanks to all of you.

Looks like we might give it a miss then.

Am considering an Annual Pass, 70 quid per person, which gives 365 days entry to Tussards group stuff. So that's Chessington, Alton Towers and Thorpe Park, plus other places as well,

Think this might be good. Chessington is only 40 mins away, so it's really close, as it Thorpe. Alton is a bit further but would make a nice 2 day break kinda thing.

Think we might go for it, we'd certainly use it.

Anyone got one of these (Kim/Dom? haven't you got one?) If so do you rate them. Gotta be better than paying 60 quid to get into one place once.
Old 24 July 2001, 04:53 PM
Mike Burton
Scooby Regular

Ooooo mixed reports. Im booked in at some random hotel @ Windsor for 3 days, starting a week on Monday. Have inclusive tickets for Legoland. As we have another full day "darn' sowf" what else can I take the young'un to see?

Cheers

-
Mike

Trending Topics

Old 26 July 2001, 02:17 PM
Gareth Williams
Scooby Regular

Talking

Markus-OK I'm biased (Check my e-mail address!) but if I was you I'd go to the Denmark park. It's in Billund and the airport and LEGOLAND hotel are right next door to the park. The food is cheaper in Denmark and the layout is better than Windsor. Obviously you'll have to factor in the flights/hotel but there are always deals going. There's also a park in Karlsbad, California and that's the best of the lot for things to do and value once you're inside.
Go for it!.
Gareth.

Old 26 July 2001, 02:38 PM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Hey Mark. We have the annual pass thing, in fact using it again Saturday if nice at Thorpe park. Bear in mind that you need to buy 1 each - so £280 for your family.
Saying that we go to Thrope Park/Chessington and Alton Towers often enough to justify it.
They last a year from date of purchase, rather than just the current season, so thats useful too, and no queing to buy tickets in the morning!
Legoland - IMHO it sucked. We have a 5 and a 2 year old. The q's for each main ride were over an hour long last time we went and to be honest the kids have as much fun in a 'Wacky Wharehouse' kids pub thing
Chuck