Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bets way to avoid speeding fines.

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2003, 09:06 AM
markys
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Which devices work best ? Do you need a range of products to ease the points blues.
Old 13 February 2003, 09:35 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Keeping below the speedlimit seems to work pretty well

Seriously, stick to the 30s and 40s - and be VERY aware if speeding in 50s.

On the motorway and fast A-roads be aware of places where police can hide - and of overhead bridges etc!

Also on the motorway when passing certain types of car (especially with multiple aerials) check for extra mirrors or blokes with white shirts

Andy
Old 13 February 2003, 10:14 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

no single device gives you complete protection. here is a break down of what is available.

laser/radar detector legal, best on market is bell euro 550, does alarm when going past shops/garages with automatic doors. but you get used to the alarm differences between doors and cameras.

doesnt detect inductive loop (truvelo) or specs cameras.

gps, best on market is either road angel, or the new one from morpheus. uses a inbuilt map and gps satelittes to pinpoint all camera positions.

doesnt detect manned police laser and radar traps.

There is a combination of these two devices such as the the snooper s6 neo.

Laser Jammer. The Bel 550 will detect Laser but at the point the alarm goes off they already have read your speed. A laser jammer like the sld920 will jam / disturb the signal so a reading cannot be obtained by the policeman. Be aware a man was charged with using one of these this week so pending that court case thes may become illegal.

Please be aware these offer no protection against a policeman with a stop watch, or a helicopter timing you between two points.
and if you do get pulled over the policeman willl not be lenient of your dashboard is looking like the starship enteprise.

safest way to not get court is not to speed.

I have a BEL 550 and looking into buying a road angel at present. The jammer is a bit to "hot" for me at the moment

regards

Peter
Old 13 February 2003, 12:46 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Markys

Have a read of Evo this month - they did a big review of loads of devices - well worth reading.

Personally, I've had a Bel Euro550 for the last year and it is very good at giving decent advance warning of Gatso's. You'll find that this still gets voted the best radar detector.

However, as we know there is more to it than that. If I was looking to buy a similar device now, then there is really no contest - go for Road Angel. Especially now as it includes a laser detector for handheld / mobile traps.

The other way is be sensible - these devices should not remove your common sense. Doing silly speeds in 30 and 40 mph areas ain't clever and you get what you deserve to be honest.

Chris
Old 13 February 2003, 01:06 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Don't get caught seems to be the best way of avoiding speeding fines
Old 13 February 2003, 03:41 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Just wondering but if you receive a NIP and you declare who the driver was but they have a non British driving licence what happens ? I work in a company with about 40 people that have non British driving licences