Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2001, 12:05 AM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

OMG
This is uncanny.

Last weekend, I bought the Nokia 9210 for £500 at Link. Guys were very helpful and excited at the prospect that I was about to make their days target (they are on commission).

Friday, I started having software issues. Out of memory errors, application hangs, interference and plain old poor build. I called Club Nokia who told me they had heard of a number of problems with the 9210 and that I should understand that because it’s a new phone, I should expect a few problems.

No, sorry, I didn’t pay £500 for a phone to become a beta tester. Screw that. They told me to go to Regent Street Nokia shop to get the patch for the phone. Traveled all the way down there on Saturday morning only to be told by some runt “Sorry, nothing to do with us, it has to be sent off to Nokia head office”

No thanks. I’ve had a 9110 for 2 years and I am currently on my 5th unit. It has been back SO many times, no way I’m going through that again.

Just got back from the Link with a refund for £500.00. Perhaps I’ll wait for a couple of months, no doubt it will be cheaper by then too.

Cem

p.s. The data connection port on the back of the phone IS the same size, as is the power port.

Old 02 July 2001, 11:32 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Angry

All,

Just got a new Nokia 9210 and I must say that I'm so annoyed with them. Before I purchased the phone, I checked that the handfree kit / desk top charger / batteries were compatible with the older Nokia 9110, and was told that they were.

Guess what, Non of the above are. Looking at the bottom of the phone they've moved the connector by a few millimeter so they physically fit, but won't connect!!

I'm so annoyed with them!! Another way of making hundreds of extra pounds out of me. The phone has already cost me £512.

I must be Nokia best customer, as I have 2110, 5110, 6100 (x2) 6210, 9110, 8850 and the new 9210. Or should I say they can see me coming!!!

Cheers all Phill C
Old 02 July 2001, 11:55 AM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

Do you have a phone fetish?

I would have checked things out a bit more before spending 500 quid.

Old 02 July 2001, 03:09 PM
Jaggy Bunnet
Scooby Regular

£500!!! Could've got a new one for that!!!

JB
Old 02 July 2001, 03:20 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Well, I'm glad it's not only me.

I bought a Nokia 9110 two years ago without trying it (worked in Russia, came back for a week, bought it and returned to Moscow) and was thoroughly disappointed. After 4 yrs with a Psion 3a and waiting for the tech boffins to design one as a phone with a keypad on the front, Nokia bring out their own, cute black box but software thought out by an 8 yr old in comparison with the Psion. Yet the Psion was that much older, and Nokia had a chance to get rid of the mistakes from the 9000. I wrote a two-page fax with all the features that they should include to improve it, didn't even get the courtesy of an acknowledgement. Mine's been back only once because it took over 2 months to repair (in fact replace) and the problem (constant switching off) still isn't really solved. Much as I dislike scribble-pads, I'm waiting for the Mitsubishi Trium (I think) Palm+phone to come out. Certainly won't touch the Nokia again. When are Psion going to put buttons on the front of a Revo? I want a good organiser with basic phone, not a frilly phone with cheap organiser.

rant, rage

BJH