Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Outlook Express 5 expert needed!

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2001, 08:21 PM
Secret Squirrel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

When I registered for the Scoobynet I set myself a new identity on our email address at home. Since then whenever I try to switch between the internet and Outlook Express it tell me I am already connected to the server(yes I know) and do I want to log off and redial the same server? (no I don't, just send the flaming message) twenty 'cancels' later it cuts me off! it's driving me round the bend! I had the same trouble last uear and had to resort to removing all my internet connections and set up a totally new account. I can receive messages OK but everyone must think I am ignoring them cos I've never been able to reply. Ok maybe I should stop using Freeserve but meantime can some clever type tell me just what's going on and what I do about it!

Secret (barely computer literate) Squirrel

Old 03 May 2001, 09:07 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Tools - Accounts - Click on the account you use - click properties - Click connection - take the tick out of always use this connection ! should now use whatever connection is connected and stop nagging you LOL

If this doesnt do it, get back to me/us and will have another go
Old 04 May 2001, 06:30 PM
Secret Squirrel
Scooby Regular

Oh yes, lots of conflict I see! I've unchecked everything and it is much happier . It does still ask me to log on to the server displaying the old e-mail address, but I change it and OK it and it seems to work. Now I just need to work out why mail sent to me at heidi@ ends up in husband's pete@ inbox. Thanks for the help.