Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Re. Man Utd - RonaldoH et al

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2001, 08:14 AM
Tom Evans
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Was browsing through past posts and saw a couple which were about Man Utd.

Personally I can't stand them - second most hated team (1st being the Blues). This, is mainly because Man Utd supporters are from all over the country (and world).

However, I noticed that RonaldoH has a season ticket and has had one for some time, which is, obviously, fine.

What gets me is the dirty 'glory hunters'.
Does this p*ss you (and any other genuine Utd fan) off?

I share a house at uni. with someone from Ipswich who claims to be a utd fan, because when he was young he was given a scarf by a cousin. I had a Liverpool scarf given to me when I was younger and a don't support them.

This housemate, however, rarely knows when they're playing and knows bug**er all about them.

IMO the reason why people hate Utd is because of people like him. That must really pi** you off?

I've never met a genuine Utd supporter and probably never will .

I just feel sorry for all the real supporters of the club who have to put up with cr@p from people who label them 'glory supporters', etc.

Rant over.

Did anyone go see them play Villa, at Villa park on Boxing day? Dad and I drove all the way up from Cardiff (staying with relatives) to see Villa - a draw would have been superb IMO, but, you would have to score in the last few minutes and ruin my Christmas

Cheers,
Tom

P.S. Chris L - my uncle knows the bloke who sent that letter to Fergie, regarding watching the final on the big screen - what a sense of humour

P.P.S Who do you all support?
Old 01 April 2001, 10:38 AM
glen4
Scooby Regular

Talking

Tom,
you will notice when speaking to 99% of "utd fans" that they will quantify their alleigance by claiming "lifelong" supporter status.
I spent a week in the official Man U hotel, over the road from Old Tafford (I was on a course and my boss thought it would be a good old laff to put me in this hotel, knowing how I feel about them )
Anyway I hooked up with a local supporter of utd who claimed how difficult it was to get match tickets, it seems utd are only interested in "weekend trippers" who will stay in the hotel, watch the game, then spend a few hundred in the supporters shop.
It is sad that where I live in the south of the country that in every large town is an "official" Man U shop . I guess it shows how little imagination people have got

Anyway Up the Saints, we don't need Hoddle, new ground next year

Rant over

glen
Old 01 April 2001, 01:16 PM
glen4
Scooby Regular

Talking

BTW superb result yesterday Liverpool 2 Utd 0
Old 01 April 2001, 01:25 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Oooooooooooooooooo yeah!
Bigtime!!!

Old 01 April 2001, 09:43 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

Tom - that was a great letter

I was down at Selhurst Park watching Palace stuff Crewe ( ) on Saturday afternoon. You should have heard the cheer that went up around the ground when the Liverpool - Man U result was announced

Chris

[This message has been edited by Chris L (edited 01 April 2001).]
Old 02 April 2001, 12:33 AM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Angry

Yes P*sses me off about the glory hunters as I am a United fan, have gone to Old Trafford since the age of 7 and Have held a season ticket in South Stand for 14 years, go all over Europe and yes I was at all the cup games in 99 when we won them all and ended up in the German end at the New Camp because they sold all the tickets in the United end to anyone. I will be there on Tuesday for the Champions League game as usual.

Red till I die Darren.

P.S: Born and bread Salford moved out since hence location.

[This message has been edited by Darren Thompson (edited 03 April 2001).]
Old 02 April 2001, 12:03 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Having followed Man United the length and bredth of the country for some time its safe to say that there are a few "glory hunters".

Funnily enough I just smile and remember a certain Mr Knight running onto the pitch and kicking a ball around and my uncle saying "Ron, this is the first day of the rest of Manchester Uniteds life". How we laugh at that now.

I have been amongst the crowd at some games that would of made your goosepimples grow as bigs as cabbages. We did not go to the Nou Camp to get the glory, god knows at half time we all said "Its never gonna be our day". We went because we love the club, we remember things and players who meant something to success in the early 90's..the original Ince (before he grew a big head!) Lee Martin and that "Goal". When Ian Wright scored against us at Wembley and introduced himself as potential to look out for. Mark Hughes equaliser in extra time against Oldham when he stretched beyond what we thought his limbs could to volley home one of the all time greatest United goals I have seen (Next to Cantonas winner against Liverpool in the F.A Cup Final) Its an awesome team to support if you can follow them, but the most fascinating fans are those who love the team because all they can remember is when they had nothing at all and were winning nothing more than the occasional game every week.

Bring back Neil Webb, Robbo and Brian Mcclair. They don't make em like they used to!

Regards
Ronnie

Stretford End Season Ticket Holder 1989-2001
Old 02 April 2001, 01:55 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

I support Liverpool because in 1965, my big sister said I should. They won the FA Cup and the rest is history. Oh, yeah I was born in Liverpool and brought up in Birkenhead, so I also have soft spot for Tramcar Rovers.

I know a lot of "red hot" man U fans, but then I live near Manchester now.

I have a lean toward Oldham these days because my son was born there, and yes RonaldH, "Sparky" ruined what would have been the highlight of Latics history, with what can I say, a fantastic goal.
I don't think I would have been sicker had it been Liverpool he scored against. You lousy ba5tard5 have to go and win everything and ruin it for everyone else.

Still, two nil, two nil, two nil. Ha ha!

Pseudo Man U fans always refer to them as Man United. Genuine ones expect you to know who they are talking about because there is only one football team!!

[This message has been edited by BarryK (edited 02 April 2001).]
Old 02 April 2001, 01:58 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Whoops, sorry you reds, I didn't mean how you have referred to them in writing.

I didn't set out to cause offence.
Old 03 April 2001, 02:16 PM
Dave P
Scooby Regular

I'm a spurs fan.... it's in the blood, my dad, my uncles, my dads dads 6 brothers and all the family, and my Grandmother used to live a 5 minute walk away from the lane.

To all you Man U fans you should always be grateful to spurs for letting you have Teddy at that ridiculously low price, for without hime there would probably only have been the championship that year.

Dave
Old 03 April 2001, 02:24 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

......" and its Wooooorcester Cityyyyyyyy.....Woooooorcester city FC......they're by far the greatest teammmmmm....the world had ever seeeeeen.."
Old 03 April 2001, 02:25 PM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Wink

Dave P please thank all the Spurs fans and the management for us also please thank them again ahead of the match tonight at OLD Trafford. Lots of Germans around today in the pubs.

Darren.
Old 03 April 2001, 06:04 PM
DominicA
Scooby Regular

Wink

Oh Teddy Teddy, went to Man United and he won....loads of medals...BUGGER!!!
Old 03 April 2001, 08:07 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

lol@Dominica
Old 04 April 2001, 12:19 AM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Wink

I know where you work !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04 April 2001, 07:59 AM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I'm going to cry !!!!!!!

Enough said !!!!!

Ryan BLOODY Giggs.................CRAP !!!!

Our season begins here say Fergey !!!!!

Our season finishes here says Darren !!!!!
Old 04 April 2001, 08:30 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Dave P:
<B>

To all you Man U fans you should always be grateful to spurs for letting you have Teddy at that ridiculously low price,
[/quote]

And still paid more than he's worth. The only thing slower on the pitch than Teddy is the grass!

First drubbed by Liverpool, now playing catch-up in Germany - without Becks Salford United's slippery slope

Gary (Mighty White) C
Old 05 April 2001, 08:19 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

3-0, 3-0, 3-0...

That's the way you do it

Gary (Mighty White) C