Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Warning about French Customs

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2003, 10:44 AM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

I was returning from a business trip in Aachen, Germany last week and was stopped at the A7 Belgian/France border by French Customs.

They asked where I had come from etc...I told them and they asked if I had transited through the Netherlands. the answer was yes. At this point they asked me to drive to one side and started asking me questions about drugs!

Well one search of my baggage and personal effects later they had the drug dog in the scoob! Needless to say nothing was found and as I was leaving, observed them questioning 2 english guys in another scoob. They had found hashish on them from their trip to the Netherlands and they were in the process of being arrested! I dont want to state the obvious (hopefully preaching to the converted here)and I'm not condoning drug trafficking but DO NOT BRING DRUGS INTO FRANCE- they have very, very harsh penalties- worse than the UK these days and not worth the prison time.

They were also looking for large amounts of money, tobacco and dodgy counterfeit goods.
Old 21 January 2003, 10:45 AM
Toerag
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same goes for the channel islands. Hopefully no-one on here is into that sort of thing, but users in depbt to their dealers are often forced into acting as couriers.