Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Speaker Problems

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2001, 07:23 PM
Tom Evans
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I bought a Denon DM30 last November and a few weeks ago the right speaker blew. The music was a little loud and a bit bassy, but nothing it shouldn't be able to handle (speakers are made by Mission for Denon). The speakers are capable of much louder than what I was playing them at.

Thing is I had to send off a waranty card for the speakers, which I didn't see until after the expiry date for returning it.

I was wondering, could I still try and get them fixed, etc. under warranty, bearing in mind they were sold as part of a package (even though by Mission), or I'm I up s**t creek without a paddle, so to speak.

However, the Denon looks the part and produces amazing sound for a Micro system. Highly recommend it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 30 March 2001, 10:19 PM
MarkG
Scooby Newbie

Dig out your original receipt and take the hi-fi back to the retailer where you bought it - it's their responsibility to sort it out. According to the consumer protection act any goods purchased should perform as advertised for a "reasonable period of time". You would have to pursuade them that you only used the speakers at sensible levels and didn't abuse them, but any reasonable retailer should be able to sort you out.
Old 31 March 2001, 01:14 AM
Tom Evans
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice.

Will let you know what happens, when I go back at easter.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 31 March 2001, 11:21 AM
davefromevonet
Scooby Regular

warranty card is irrelevant,just take the speakers back to the retailer and insist on a replacement.If they fob you off with sending them back for repair,insist on a loan set while this is happening-this is your right!!
They should swop them though without any hassle.
I have had a Denon for 8 years and their systems imo are the best you can get for the money.Ok,so the real Hi-fi nerdies could go to Richer sounds and prove me wrong but to us normal blokes who dont wear anoraks the Denons are just mighty fine!!

Old 31 March 2001, 03:08 PM
Luke
BANNED

I use a M3 myself.
Like the car an all time classic. Some company is still selling them for about£150 in the Hi-Fi mags
Old 31 March 2001, 06:07 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Just to expand on what Mark has said. If the goods are faulty, you do not need your receipt to prove purchase and the 'reasonable amount of time' can be upto six years. Do a search on trading standards or the Citizens Advice Bureau and you should find all the ammunition you need.

Chris
Old 31 March 2001, 06:48 PM
davefromevonet
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Chris L:
<B>Just to expand on what Mark has said. If the goods are faulty, you do not need your receipt to prove purchase and the 'reasonable amount of time' can be upto six years. Do a search on trading standards or the Citizens Advice Bureau and you should find all the ammunition you need.

Chris[/quote]

how many bloody posts do ya need to get off "scooby regular"!!!!!
Quite correct,proof of purchse can be the shop assistant remembering your face!!Receipt not actually required.