Another example of bad government - What an Asylum seaker gets/got in Northants

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2003, 04:39 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Boy, this makes me mad!

This information was supplied to me by a good close friend with Northants Council. Not a story form a friend of a friend.......

Somalian gentleman
He has been given a flat, in the process of being re carpetted by the council, he is awaiting his grant for furniture.
Chap was chatting to him whilst fitting the carpet and it turns out he is waiting for his free vehicle, apparently he is disabled and requires a car. The chap fitting the carpet is wondering what sort of injury as the Somalian gentlemen seems quite mobile. It turns out he fell from the train he illegally entered the country on/in - on the UK side and damaged his back!

I am not playing the racist card here it is just an exapmle - I wonder what the **** is going on with this so called government thats all!?!

Old 20 January 2003, 04:43 PM
merkin
Scooby Regular

Red face

Friend of mine is a teacher in Somalia central (ealing) where about 55% of the pupils he teaches are from somalia.

One of his pupils was visited by the local council officer, in the house the council had provided for them, when the council officer walked in, he found the living room floor had been dug up to create a pit for cooking in , half of the floorboards in the house had been used to make a fire in the pit
Old 20 January 2003, 04:52 PM
yoza
BANNED

Red face

Its not just Somalians who do the spongey claim thing,I blame all these new accident claim companys.

"Have you had an accident that wasnt your fault in the last two years?" Im sick of it they are always on the TV,they stop you in the street,they visit your home,ambulance chasers do my head in.

If the ******* knock on my door again theyll be lookin for some criminal injury compensation.
Old 20 January 2003, 04:54 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

There's alot of Somali's near me that all have disability cars- brand new Ford Focus's. Makes my blood boil!
Old 20 January 2003, 04:56 PM
yoza
BANNED

Red face

I hate Focus's too......
Old 20 January 2003, 05:04 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Question

If all this is true,why doesnt the Government do something about it?...
Old 20 January 2003, 05:07 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

After my dad died my mother wanted to move back to Northants from Suffolk. They rented down there. she was 70 y/o and living on her own in a property to big for her. The village was isolated, one small shop, no post office, nearest shops 10 miles away and a limited bus service. She does not drive and most of her close family is in Northants

The deal was that there was a 7 month waiting list and she was not a priority!

When my dad was alive - he feel over due to a broken step courtesy of Northants council - Had to take them to court,took 3 years and got next to nothing!

I am getting madder the more i think about this!

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 1/20/2003 5:30:36 PM]

Trending Topics

Old 20 January 2003, 05:15 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

'If all this is true,why doesnt the Government do something about it?...'

Because immigrants are entitled to anything they want. No-one would dare speak out at the Welfare Office as they'd lose their job for being Racist. Thats why.
Old 20 January 2003, 05:31 PM
Stu_WRX
Scooby Regular

The government can't and won't do anything about it cause these scum suckers have more rights than you or I.

Take this Mosque fiasco going on at the moment - Firstly what the **** is a Mosque doing in this country?? You couldn't stroll in to down town Bagdhad and build a C of E chapel. **** me you can't even have a pint.

Secondly they are all moaning cause it's infringing their right to pray and tha we mustn't go into the holy parts of the Mosque - oh so thats where you make the bombs then is it losers!!!

If life is so bad here - **** off.

But it's not, thats why they keep flooding in and until we stop being nicey nicey then it will continue.
Old 20 January 2003, 05:37 PM
planky
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Im with you on that one mate.
Old 20 January 2003, 05:45 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Angry

I'll second that, Send the ******* back to where they belong and put the people in this country first.
Cheers
Colin
Old 20 January 2003, 05:48 PM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

The reality for most asylum seekers is being moved from holding areas to towns like Mansfield or Hull where there are large numbers of unoccupied council houses, and given food & clothing vouchers (not money) while their claims are processed.

We have far fewer asylum seekers here per capita than France, Germany, Spain, Italy.

There is always a small handful of exceptional / outrageous cases for every type of social service -- don't tar everyone with the same brush.

How about the 40,000+ UK pensioners who "winter" in the Canaries, but still claim their winter heating allowance from the DSS? Costs over £5 million a year in fraudulent claims. Does that mean all pensioners should be denied heating top-up allowances?
Old 20 January 2003, 05:52 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Angry

>If all this is true,why doesnt the Government do something about it?...

I was under the impression that the government wanted & created the situation as it is. It seems to me Labour are falling over themselves to make it easier for asylum seekers to get here and for them to then get treated well when they are here.

**** me if this country isn't becoming the laughing stock of the world. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 20 January 2003, 05:53 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Brick boy quoted 'and given food & clothing vouchers (not money) while their claims are processed.'

So why do most of these asylum seekers spend these vouchers on Mobile Phones??? You live in Noddy Noddy land my friend.

I think the point is Brickboy that I'd rather help a pensionner or British person than an afghan or Somali. Charity begins at home. What have these people done for us??
Old 20 January 2003, 06:04 PM
Stu_WRX
Scooby Regular

Red face

It should be a simple rule -

You don't pay money in - You don't get money out.

Those pensioners may be taking the p1ss but at least they paid in - they are only taking whats due to them.

Thos Asylum seekers even moan about getting vouchers - it infringes their rights and singles them out, simple don't take them then.
Old 20 January 2003, 06:20 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Angry

Charity begins at home. What have these people done for us??
Not a lot, in fact they are here simply to take. Some are here to commit crime and terrorist acts. They have *no* interest in the well being of us or our country. They should all be sent back immediately.[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 20 January 2003, 07:54 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Angry

As I've said before, The only question on the application form for all these economic immigrants should be:

Can you prove that this country will benefit in some way by you being in it?

If the answer to the above is no, **** OFF BACK HOME[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 20 January 2003, 10:01 PM
Kevin Mc
Scooby Regular

Those pensioners may be taking the p1ss but at least they paid in - they are only taking whats due to them.
Spot on - at least the pensioners have contributed to this country.

I pay over £700 per month in Tax and NI, yet my Mrs was entitled to 0.00 for her maternity pay. No allowances at all - I had to cover all costs. My responsibility, fair enough. Reason was that my wife didn't work enough hours to contribute to NIC.

So then why do Asylum Seekers come into the country and get money thrown at them etc, etc.... If I were Mr Asy Lums Eeker, getting a nice council flat, bills paid, and a new Ford Focus, I'd be straight on the phone to my mates to tell them to come too - as they're giving everything away!

**** me, that's it! I'll leave the country with my family, re-enter as an asylum seeker, and live it up in a stately home for nothing with a free car for life. Sorted!

The message the government is sending out is that we are a soft touch, come and have some of our hard earned cash, and take advantage of our liberal society....
Old 20 January 2003, 10:33 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Question

towns like Mansfield or Hull where there are large numbers of unoccupied council houses
Thats why there is an 18month waiting list for council houses in Mansfield then. Must be just a list for UK residents. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

My wife is registered disabled, she has had a number of spinal operations and the people on here that know her know she can't walk far or stand. She has also been in hospital for the last 6 weeks.
We tried to claim for all the disability and motorbility payments but were turned down as she wasn't bad enough. I pay 40% tax + NI etc. Lorraine has worked full time from leaving school upto when she had her back problems.
The DSS women said we were too honest 90% of people who get them lie through their teeth to meet the criteria. Most of them have never paid anything into the system either.

The newcomers are told by their DSs advisers what to put on the form to get the money. The non english speaking have their forms filled in for them. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Lee

[Edited by logiclee - 1/20/2003 10:41:43 PM]
Old 20 January 2003, 10:48 PM
The Saint
Scooby Regular

Its absolte 5hite. I pay £1500 in income tak each month, to hand it out to a bunch of fraudulent coksuckers.

The Saint
Old 20 January 2003, 11:26 PM
easyrider
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

I do believe that they get GIVEN mobile phones (due to humanatarium policies ect) so they can phone their families back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a small supermarket in my town that they go to and you can actually watch them steal the food ect,when the security guard was asked why nothing is done about it, he said that if he booted them out they would be waiting for him after work to do him over,the even more frustrating thing is that the main police station is directly oposite on the other side of the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also----has anyone noticed that they always walk around in 3's
Old 20 January 2003, 11:35 PM
StiShrek
Scooby Regular

Brickboy is another brainwashed by Blair spin.

Rather british pensioners screw the system than somalians or algerians.

10yrs down the line when it is too late and this country is just one huge ghetto i will be laughing from across the atlantic.

Old 20 January 2003, 11:40 PM
StiShrek
Scooby Regular

Be better off with communism. At least you know where you stand.

Perhaps this is good evidence that democracy does not work since it is thoroughly abused.

You cant have freedom to do anything. You must have some form of deterrent which must be hard-hitting.

No-one in Dublin messed with the IRA!!!!
Old 21 January 2003, 08:56 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

It's quite simple. On October 2, 2000 our dear Labour government incorporated the Eurpoean Convention on Human Rights into British law.

From that day we gave away effective control of our borders.

It's no use saying "send them back" because now they have a legal right to be here, unless there is a very good reason to chuck them out, and the government do not have the guts to chuck bogus asylum seekers out as they are paranoid about the "R" word - racism.

We drove through the Eurotunnel a couple of weeks ago. On the English side, we were pulled aside, the car was searched - including taking swabs of the steering wheel, door handles etc. On the French side coming back - nothing - just waved us through!

The only way we can get out of this mess is to repeal the European Comminities Act 1972 that led us in in the first place.

Unfortunately it will take more innocent police killed or the like to make the government realise the future ghetto they are turning this country into.
Old 21 January 2003, 09:11 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Did anyone see Airport last night? That showed the extent of the problem of illegal immigrants just around Heathrow. The main man in the investigation was a convicted murderer from Italy. He was leading a human smuggling ring which brought women over for prostitution purposes, as well as men who were just playing the system.

Obviously, this man has no place in our society. He has helped God knows how many people illegally enter the UK with forged documents. Makes me sick. At least he has now been caught and will be deported to Italy when his sentence has finished here. I can guess he'll be back though, we're too soft.
Old 21 January 2003, 09:13 AM
Luke
BANNED

Took along time for the police to get the guy under control...........
Old 21 January 2003, 09:16 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Oh yes, that was funny, in a serious kind of way you understand!! "I phone my wife.... I phone my wife!!" Yeah, like ****! Straight on the phone to his heavies!
Old 21 January 2003, 09:30 AM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

Sti -- not brainwashed, not even a Labour voter. All this happens because we're trying to have a decent welfare state. There will always be those that abuse a welfare system. I prefer that to the alternatives.
Old 21 January 2003, 10:12 AM
Ben P
Scooby Regular

"No-one in Dublin messed with the IRA!!!!"

I have agreed with most of the things that you have said prior to this. The IRA are nothing but an ungrateful catholic lot that. We have tried to instill some English culture into them to make them civilised and they repay us by bombing us in the past. Still at least we can still talk to them and negotiate with them.
Old 21 January 2003, 12:51 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Angry

Ben P

I don't take offence with much that is said on here, but as a Catholic(Irish heritage) I do take offence at that. I in no way condone anything the IRA have done but I suggest you read up on some 20th Century history if you want to make comments about instilling English culture.