Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Corrupt Police?????

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2003, 12:58 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My cousin was assaulted by a copper at a footy match. He wrote a letter of complaint to the Chief Constable and waited for a reply. He was called by someone and asked again for details. They officer he spoke to said that this would be dealt with swiftly as it wasn't tollerated in the Police Service. Anyway, long story short, a panda car turned up at his gaff with two coppers who said they were taking him down the station to make a statement. When he got there they told him he was under arrest for assaulting a Police Officer!!!!!!! WTF???????? He did nothing (I will swear on anyones life, he's just not violent!!). Anyway, he's now on bail and waiting to find out if he is picked out from an ID parade. The police have no CCTV footage and not even a decent description (tall white male wearing jeans!?!?!?!). I'm not only annoyed for him but gutted that he may be sent down for a stupid amount of time for something he didn't do. He's at Uni and this is going to screw things up for him even if he's not convicted.

I have lost all respect for the police over this and feel it is so wrong that they can get away with lying to cover their own a*ses.
Old 14 January 2003, 04:01 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Unfortunately, you don't have a leg to stand on if something happens at a football match. The courts will always assume someone attending a football match is a thug - or wants to be a one. I have seen some very disappointing things happen at football matches, but it seems par for the course. Follow rugby if you want to avoid this kind of problem.