Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Origin blue....a year on

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2003, 09:02 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, of those that were moaning about bad reception, not working correctly, not recieving gps signal and general bad customer service...
What are your thoughts on this product a year on ?

Reason for asking is a mate had one in his car at Stoney cove on Sunday and let me borrow it for a while.
(said my scoob would need it more than his Renault "Trekka")LOL.

worked spot on on the way home, plenty of warning, gps speed display works well
can't update as he didn't give me the cable.
Tracking up to 11 sats on way home ( I believe max is 12?)

Andy
Old 06 January 2003, 09:24 PM
mccltd
Scooby Regular

I'm on my 5th one and that wouldnt update before i did a journey on Saturday,(tried 3 times) so i was left with a non working unit.
Took a further 3 attempts that evening.

Old 06 January 2003, 10:22 PM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

I bought my unit through a group buy on here last June from Network Automotive. After install the first unit would not lock on to any sats. Unit was returned to Origin for a replacement who also sent a free gift for the hasell. Since then I have had no problems with the unit locking on to sats or working as per its design. Gives plenty of warning when required ie. exceeding the speed limit set for that road. The biggest problem I had was where to mount the unit in the car.
Old 06 January 2003, 10:32 PM
GRANT
Scooby Regular

Brought mine at Costco 4 weeks ago for the daft price of £294.
The imformation supplied with it said that there was no need to download the data and that it was already updated with the latest imformation.
So set of for Manchester the next morning with the added security of an Origin Blue.Only to find it did not notify me of any of the Specs cameras on the M6 or ANY cameras in Liverpool.Lucky for me did not get my picture taken.
Called Origin the next day only to be told that there was a misprint in the literature and that you DID need to download the data straight away.
Needless to say it took some time to connect to Origin but after many calls it all worked O.K.
Since then I have to say that it has saved me at least once,and you do find yourself slowing down (if one is over the limit)much earlier as the noice and lights on the unit can drive you to distraction.
All in all it think it was a worthy investment.

Grant
Old 06 January 2003, 11:48 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Good product that needs to be improved further. The Road Pilot looks a nice piece f kit althoug I have not handled one or used one as yet, and cannot comment on the RP's reliability. I'm on my 4th Bluei, basically because previous ones have failed to lock on to satellites (sic?), etc, at some point.

However Origin's customer service is excellent! They never quibble about these things. If they can't sort it over the phone you get a replacement unit pronto. Fine by me.

WB
Old 07 January 2003, 12:55 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

I bought a Road Angel because of reported Blue I problems. The RA has performed perfectly, first time every time and updates easily also.

It would be interesting to see the new S6 from Snooper in action though.

F
Old 07 January 2003, 01:12 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

I am on my 5th unit, the previous ones have all failed to download new updates or have lost their settings.

Service from Origin has been very good, and there has only been 1 camers that it didnt find (i watched the installers put it up !!), and i update it once a week.

Dave
Old 07 January 2003, 05:33 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Had mine 6 momths. No problems.Good piece of kit.

Chip.
Old 07 January 2003, 05:42 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I had a Road Pilot from the day of its (delayed) release. Got through 3 of them in 2 weeks. I think I had it working for about 3 days in total. When it did work it was ok. I have to be honest, all those extra things is did (tracking route etc) weren't worth it and I doubt you'd ever use it.

Has anyone thought about the new Snooper S6-R Neo? it does everything the Origin Bluei does plus it has a built in radar detector for those pesky mobile cameras.

Matt
Old 07 January 2003, 05:43 PM
GAZZER
Scooby Regular

Had mine 6 months with no problems except sometimes takes 10 mins to lock on but not often.
It has saved me a few times in London and is a good reminder when travelling through SPECS on M6
Gaz
Old 07 January 2003, 08:39 PM
Stu_WRX
Scooby Regular

I have the S6R-Neo - I'm very happy with it and at £450 it's not much dearer than the likes of Road Angel with the added benefit of the S6 Detector.
Old 08 January 2003, 08:49 AM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Question

Stu

Can the S6 be linked to a blinder as well?

F
Old 01 July 2003, 02:50 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

I am on my 4th unit after 11 months and still find updates difficult to achieve with the annoying fact that a failed attempt leaves the unit unusable. But the customer service has been great and that has made up for alot of the problems. When the unit works it is great.

Edited to say it does take a long time some days to lock on maybe 10 miles or more.

[Edited by Adrian F - 1/7/2003 2:51:36 PM]