Dreamcast

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2000, 10:03 AM
Tal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi Kids

I Know I Know you lot seem to have fallen for the Playstation 2 hype, as I thought I had but I started looking into the whole next Gen console thing and .....

Yes on paper the PS2 is more powerfull and plays DVDs (badly by all accounts) but the thing is the games available now are not very good yes it may have some good titles in about a year, but nothing ( including GT3 ) looks that much better than the things available for the Dreamcast (MSR, Soul Caliber, Shenmue, 355,Jet Grind Radio ect ect ect)and the Dreamcast has a built in 56K Modem for online gaming

Anyway on Saturday I saw a offer on OPen for the Dreamcast and bought one £99 with 3 games Chu chu Rocket Sonic Adventure and Tomb Raider 4 it makes the PAYstation 2 look a little silly for £299 (with no Modem and no games no 4 player fun and no good games)

If I want a DVD ( I want to wait for Recordable one anyway) I will buy one with the £350 I have saved.

Anyway I got 2 so if anyone wants the other one let me now I will sell it for what I paid you will have to pick up the postage. I f there are no takers I will send it back so I am not bothered either way

Cheers

Tal

( flame suit zipped right up )
Old 11 December 2000, 11:14 AM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Talking

I got one ordered for me, just got to wait for it to arrive now. The offer was only on for 24 hours so if anyone missed it Tals offer is a good one.
Old 11 December 2000, 01:15 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Tal,
just a question. You use the on-line chat room in Chu Chu Rocket? if so then what's your name on Chu Chu? the reason I ask is that someone I know is a bit of a chu chu addict (now a planet ring addict ) and is on there quite a lot, and I'll tell them to look our for you.
Old 11 December 2000, 02:11 PM
Tal
Scooby Regular

Question

Only ordered it on Saturday so its not here yet

Cant believe no one wants one for £99 with 3 games have you seen the bloody thing compared to the ps2 this is a absolute steal

Hype Hype Hype its all bloody hype look at the games and compare not the hype

oh well Pearls amongst Swine and all that

put it this way a M3 is considered by the masses to be better than a Uk Turbo but it costs twice as much and if it ran on special fuel that you cant get would you still want one ?. PS2 is four times as much as a dreamcast and is maybe 10% better come on folks wake up and smell the coffee

Tal
Old 21 December 2000, 12:08 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Tal,
You have mail, are you still around?
Rich
Old 21 December 2000, 03:48 PM
Dario
Scooby Regular

"nothing including GT3 ) looks that much better than the things available for the Dreamcast (MSR, Soul Caliber, Shenmue, 355,Jet Grind Radio ect ect ect)"

You obviously haven't played GT3 then!

Regards

Dario

P.S - anyone want to meet up on Quake 3 Arena on DC?
Old 21 December 2000, 05:06 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Got to agree with Tal - I have both PSX2 and Dreamcast (US import) and the Dreamcast BLOWS the PSX2 away "at the moment"

The ammount of top quality games available for the Dreamcast is unbelievable, compaired to the handful decent ones on the PSX2)

If you have the cash, forget the PSX2 and buy a Dreamcast this Christmas along with:

1. Metropolis Street Racer
2. ShenMue
3. Soul Calibur
4. Tony Hawkes Skateboarder II
5. Virtua Tennis
6. JetSet Radio

Then in March, get the PSX2 and get GT3 (out Feb 15 in Japan, so it'll be March or later here) and Winning Eleven 5 (ISS Pro Evo 2)

DazV