Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Timesplitters

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2000, 09:04 AM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't had time to get into this game yet - played it for 30 minutes I s'pose, but I'm used to quake3 on a quick PC which on first impressions is a lot better.

In timesplitters, you don't seem to be able to turn round real quick. Did I also miss not being able to jump (RTFM might fix that!)?

Is there a keyboard and mouse for the PS2?
Old 18 December 2000, 09:19 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Not found a way to turn round really fast, but then I'm a "play now.. read the instructions when beaten" kinda guy..

I like the game loads.. the Egyptian level that you start on really doesn't do the game justice IMO.

The spaceplanet + spaceport levels are very cool with well matched music.

Silly touches like a voice over the tannoy in the airport saying "whoever is fighting in the lobby, please stop immediately" etc.

The enemy are very smart too.. rather than being the dumb-*** Quake style characters.. Rather than blundering towards you oblivious of being shot, they'll duck behind walls only peeking out to take a shot and ducking back, or just putting their arm over a box to shoot you etc. Well smart.

Underrated IMO.
Old 18 December 2000, 11:19 AM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

Smile

I'll keep trying then.
Old 18 December 2000, 03:44 PM
Dario
Scooby Regular

Fosters,

Yes - you can use a USB keyboard and Mouse in the PlayStation 2 - the connections are on the front.
Unfortunately Timesplitters does not support the USB connections.....but UNREAL TOURNAMENT does - and you can connect up to 4 PlayStation 2's up with i Link cables (out Feb 2001) - it's the game of choice here at the moment until........full GT3 (can't wait) later this week.

Regards

Dario