Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

SSX

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2000, 12:22 AM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spent about 4 hours this weekend playing SSX (psx2). very addictive, but a bit frustrating.

on the world tour, first 'easy' hill, I got first in the quarter finals and again in the semis, beating everyone by about 5 seconds. All of a sudden in the final, everyone's Mr T aggressive and 10 seconds quicker to the finish!

I'm trying to better 4th in the QFs on the alysium slope at the moment.

anyone else experience the same frustration or am I not very good at virtual snow boarding?
Old 11 December 2000, 12:45 AM
gregh
Scooby Regular

You need to work out the best shortcuts to take, often crashing through an SSX sign reveals a shortcut.

I managed to get silver in the final by taking 2 shortcuts succesfully.

Other tip is if you win the previous round you get full adrenalin. So at the start clock countdown press and hold forwards, as soon as you are out of the gate hit and hold adrenalin until the 1st corner, should get you a nice lead out of the blocks.

HTH

Greg
Old 11 December 2000, 12:50 AM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

Smile

I actually got gold on the easy run in the end without taking any shortcuts (2:21.03ish), however, I'm trying to learn the shortcuts in the next slope - I keep jumping into cliff faces!

pants.
Old 11 December 2000, 01:27 PM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Talking

I think if you win the QF and SF then the aggressiveness of the other racers in the final is increased.

I scraped through the first 4 courses with a Bronze and then won the Gold on the final Aloha Ice Jam circuit by sticking with the one character (Elise) and upgrading across the board.

Just got to go back and master the tricks now!

Top game tho'

[This message has been edited by The_Gza (edited 11 December 2000).]
Old 11 December 2000, 07:12 PM
david
Scooby Regular

Talking

not that I'm a big head or anything, but I've got gold in all races

2nd course took me the longest to master, crash through SSX boards, go like hell, don't worry too much about tricks, just do tricks at the obvious jumps to keep adrenaline up.

Do a big jump to start to gain andrenaline, then go like hell.

After a couple of sweeping turns, look for the SSX sign on top of the slope, boost and line yourself up correctly, jump through or over the sign, land at bottom of next slope.

More twisty bits, again similar shortcut, but over big orange signs, this is more tricky, only do it if you can easily master the previous jump every time.

Go like hell again and then do two big jumps after the barrier that moves from side to side.

After the checkpoint, look diagonaly left for a massive short cut, crash through the SSX sign and snowboard off-piste and head between the two dark trees and then drop down the cliff, this brings you onto a main shortcut that requires good jumping (lots of pre-jump, and boost), be careful to line up correctly (on the first one aim slightly to the right before jumping), if you don't make the first jump don't worry, go like hell through the twisty ice bits and you should still be in the lead.

Keep going as fast as possible at all times.

Ensure a clean run through the vally of glass walls (if your the first there will not be any holesin the glass, if your not frst, use the holes and have faith that you can overtake people), then go like hell, keep all your adrenaline and use it just after the sharp right turn before the loop the loop, boost all the way round the loop.

If you are miles in front at this stage, boost and pre jump to the the trick boost and press button combinations like your a man possesed to do dome wicked tricks.

If you master all the above, you will be first every time. If you miss the shortcut after the check point, look for the sign that points left, this is the proper route to the cliff jumps. The cliff jumps are the hardest part of this course and time should be taken to master this route (although 1st place can be gained without doing this route).

Any way, hope this helps, keep at it, the game is awesome dude!!! yeeahhaaa

I'm sure there are lorts of other shortcuts in this course, shout if you know them...

Dave

ps, in case you were wondering, gold in every track took me about 24 hours a day for a week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not really, but it takes quite a while)

pps this must be my longest ever post!!!
Old 12 December 2000, 07:35 AM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

Stunning!

Big thanks to David!

I presume I get the next slope if I get a medal?
Old 12 December 2000, 09:34 AM
Scrappy2
Scooby Regular

Talking

Anyone unlocked the 'Untracked' level yet without using cheats?? Think you've gotta get gold in showoff mode in Pipedream...