Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Forget PSX2 - F355 and MSR on DC

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2000, 04:54 PM
subverbal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally I'd wait on PSX2s. If you want a couple of really decent racers on a console go for the DreamCast and F355 plus MSR. Both have been very long awaited (about 1 year in MSRs case) and are totally awesome.
Also well worth getting is the Madcatz MC2 wheel, really clever bit of kit - it actually removes the 'dead zone' built into the controller by the software hence ultra sensitive and smooth.
Beware of PSX2 games being rushed out (as happened with Sega Rally 2 on the DC which is totally nasty). As mentioned, it's taken approx 10-11 months for DC games to come up to scratch - puts me off the PSX2 at the moment.

Neil.
Old 24 November 2000, 06:39 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Cool

Absolutley!!!!!!

The Dreamcast IS THE gaming console to have right now!

I have owned the Dreamcast since it came out in Japan, and it is an awesome bit of kit! If you guys think the games over here now are good, wait until you get the imports that I am playing NOW! - I have over 100, so I should have a valid opinion!

I also bought the PSX2 on release in Japan. It cost me £700.00, and is the biggest load of pants I have ever spent that kind of money on! Yeah, yeah, and dont say "well you should of waited for the UK one", cause I always buy them as soon as they come out (the Dreamcast cost me £600!, and so did the Saturn & PS).

But the games for the PSX2 are dog ****e! They might look pretty, but considering the console has been out for nearly 12 months, there is only a handful of games out for it. As has been said before, if there aint the games the console is a crock! I think SONY have really stepped on there dick with this one!!!!!! Considering how much more powerful it is supposed to be over the Dreamcast.......I aint impressed! Remember, I have had this Console for nearly a year now!!!!

Personally I am looking forward to the X-BOX by Microsoft next year......and now tell me Sony arent sh1tting themselves!!!!!!! Whos really thinks Microsoft will fail!!!!!!!

RIP.....SONY!!!!!!

Shaun.
Old 24 November 2000, 07:59 PM
mattski
Scooby Regular

what rubbish!

The dreamcast sucks, it might be ok as at the price it's at now but it is now old technology with the typical Sega stupidity behind it.

YES it does have some good games but so what, it should have considering how old it is.

Sony scared the sh*t out of everyone with the PS1 and the PS2 will do exactly the same.

The only threat I can see to the PS2 is the X-Box, but that's from Micro$oft and we all know how crap the stuff they produce is. Even if the X-Box is the dogs danglies it's gonna be basically a direct-X PC with the stability to match.

As for Nintendo, so what if they have top-notch hardware, they are always too little too late.

So, Sony have done it again I think, and just wait until Gran Turismo 3 hits the shelves, I would buy the thing just for that

so there, with **** on
Old 24 November 2000, 08:27 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Mattski,

The dreamcast sucks???? I usually get women to do that!

How CAN YOU EVER say how good the PS2 is when you own a POXY PAL version, and you only have TWO crappy games for it?????!!!!!!

Have you owned a Dreamcast? And how many games did you have!?

Just sounds like a Stereotyped Scooby owner, that things the Scooby is the BEST ever car, but has never OWNED anything else to compare with!!!!

For your information, if the PSX2 is THAT GOOD, then why are developers already backing out of support deals, when they state that the machine cannot be coded effectively and takes to long! Same problem as the Saturn....and look what happened to that!!!!!

And of course Microsoft are so crap (the X-BOX will neverwork??????), thats why they are the biggest single computer publisher/developer in the world. AND EVERYBODY CONFORMS THEM!!!!

Just face it you have bought a lemon!

Everbody that has played my PS2 over last several months, have neither been over impressed or excited! The whole PSX2 saga, has been a mass over-hyped advertising babboon.

I have been hooked on the gaming industry since the early 80's. And I have never been so disapointed, with a single hardware over-hype until now!

Shaun.
Old 24 November 2000, 09:39 PM
mattski
Scooby Regular

the yawncast, erm, dreamcast does suck

the scooby is the best car in the world, ever, in the past, present and future In fact if you look at Star Trek Voyager you'll notice the ship has a Subaru Impreza WRX badge on the back of it, it's the MY4000 model. In fact Captain Janeway actually works for Subaru and is a long-lost relative of Richard Burns, and so is 7 of 9 and Ensign 'Harry Kim'.

Don't be surprised if you see Tuvok and Belana with a bonnet scoop and some silver touch up paint either. Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, Voyager uses a Blitz induction kit and HKS nacelles. I'll get a pic for you

Anyway, back to a kind of reality...

nope, I haven't owned a dreamcast but know people who have, they would rather go back to 48K spectrum with punched card games

the saturn sucked too, sega are pretty good at making sucky things, didn't they help make Dysons kit?

as for micro$oft... they are the 'biggest' because people don't know any better. Their software is crap, look at Windoze... I sincerely hope the X-Box doesn't run a flavour of windows but unfortunately it probably will

everybody conforms to them? hmm, but that doesn't mean they are the best choice does it?

(matts got his 'I *hate* windows hat' on )

Old 24 November 2000, 09:42 PM
mattski
Scooby Regular

now then...lemme see, shall I play a cool game or watch a DVD??? hmmm, decisions decisions
Old 24 November 2000, 10:38 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

I am not going to get embroiled in a 'mine's better that your's' scenario.

Mattski loves his PS2, nice console. Price put me off. Subverbal and Shaun like their Dreamcast's. I nearly bought one recently. Saw that F355 and MSR were available.

I have been considering the X box for a while and saw the Money Program during the week which featured said console. I'm convinced this will walk all over the opposition providing Moneysoft get it right. And looking at their website I am further impressed.

Not saying that PS2 or Sega are bad, just IMO, X box will win. And I know of numerous people at work who are passing up the PS2 for the X box.

Enjoy your consoles.

P. (I may still get a Dreamcast. F355 mmmm.)

Trending Topics

Old 24 November 2000, 11:12 PM
mattski
Scooby Regular

I know, I'm just in a windyup mood
sorry chaps, didn't mean to offend anyone...

I *would* buy a dreamcast, just for 355 and MSR actually...they are top games.

Do you guys know if it's true that F355 development for the PS2 was stopped?
Old 25 November 2000, 12:45 AM
subverbal
Scooby Regular

Wink

Mattski - you cheeky monkey! Just get yourself a DC and go for it.

Neil.
Old 25 November 2000, 01:10 AM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yeah she's the breast

Si

Oops meant to say best
Old 25 November 2000, 09:53 AM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I cant see why anyone would seriously want to watch DVDs on their PS2, the fan is too obtrusive....that will ruin any "silent" moments in a film and you can hear the disc rattling around inside when its reading from it. Its a bit like the problems with watching dvds on a PC.

This is of course assuming i do not have the one dodgy unit from 100,000 odd PS2 units, of which there is no chance of immediate replacement

Sunil

[This message has been edited by sunilp (edited 25 November 2000).]
Old 25 November 2000, 11:35 AM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Wink

And of course the US release, wasnt really plagued with buggy machines that have been sent back (a VERY large %), only to be told that they will not get a replacement until March next year!!!

NICE ONE.

And people have the cheek to maon about Microsoft!!!!!

Shaun.
Old 25 November 2000, 12:10 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Mattski,

As a fellow trekker i think you ought to stop watching it for a couple of weeks

Simon
Old 25 November 2000, 12:33 PM
mattski
Scooby Regular

not so sure about the trekker tag

7 of 9 just has a certain, well, appeal
Old 25 November 2000, 01:55 PM
mattski
Scooby Regular

people moan about micro$oft because they deserve it. Their software is shoddy and requires ridiculous amounts of hardware to run at a satisfactory level...

Here is some sourcecode for all of the programers out there

/*
TOP SECRET Microsoft(c) Code
Project: Chicago(tm)

Projected release-date:

Spring 1996

*/

#include "stdio.h"
#include "dos.h"
#include "conio.h"
#include "win31.h"
#include "evenmore.h"
#include "oldstuff.h"
#include "billrulz.h"

/*
Reference:
Internal memo #99281-95 from:
William H. Gates III
to:
Executive managers Chicago(tm)-project

William H. Gates III wrote:
"I have serious doubts about the 'EASY' installation-definition.
It might prevent customers to think that they actually bought something
_good_. Therefore I want the installation-definition to be 'HARD'.

Carry on,
Bill
"
*/
#define INSTALL = HARD

void main()
{
while(!CRASHED)
{
display_copyright_message();
display_bill_rules_message();
do_nothing_loop();
if(first_time_installation)
{
make_50_megabyte_swapfile();
do_nothing_loop();
totally_screw_up_HPFS_file_system();
search_and_destroy_the_rest_of_OS/2();
completely_wreck_any_Unix_sysem_present();
hang_system();
}
write_something(anything);
do_nothing_loop();
do_some_stuff();
if(still_not_crashed)
{
do_nothing_loop();
basically_run_windows_3.1();
do_nothing_loop();
do_nothing_loop();
}
}

/*
Reference:
Internal memo #99683-95 from:
Executive managers Chicago(tm)-project
to:
William H. Gates III

Executive managers Chicago(tm)-project wrote:
"Dear Sir,
Since we have found that this last piece of code within the 'if'-statement
will never execute, we descided NOT to include it in the final code.
This way we will save atleast another 5 megabytes of consumer-diskspace!

Thank you for listening to us,
the executive managers of the Chicago(tm)-project
"
*/
/*
if(still_not_crashed)
{
write_cheer();
finished();
}
*/
create_general_protection_fault();
}

Old 26 November 2000, 01:31 PM
Dario
Scooby Regular

Shaun,

you have the console for nearly a year now - so how did you get one before everybody else? (it's only been out 8.5 months in Japan - since 19th March) - the Dreamcast only started having great games after about 1.5 years from it's Japan release - these games don't just happen overnight!
I have seen things, great things and you just have to be patient - wait for March 2001 and play the king of all racing games - GT3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quite a few developers have walked out from Dreamcast e.g CODEMASTERS - PS2 has now 600 Developers signed up. Sega's European CEO has just walked out - they've just announced $500 million losses in the last year and to make some money they have licensed some of their major AM2 releases for the PS2 (unbelievable but true - some major SEGA releases WILL be coming to PS2 next year - although I cannot disclose which titles they are (NDA)
Acclaim have lost the "Ferrari" licence - so the game will come out under a different name for PS2.
Anyway, it's the same old "my Commdore 64 is better than Spectrum" - I say buy all of them.
BTW - best game this Christmas "Zelda - Majorca's Mask" - probably the greatest game I have ever played.

Regards

Lee

P.S - "I have over 100, so I should have a valid opinion! - this must have cost at least £4000 - I HOPE they are all originals!

Old 26 November 2000, 05:11 PM
mattski
Scooby Regular

I *may* be wrong but wasn't there an article on Slashdot (http://www.slashdot.org) about Sega and Nintendo teaming up together?
Old 26 November 2000, 05:57 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Dario!

Yeah, 8.5 months IS NEARLY a year

The dreamcast has only had decent games after 1.5 years????? Where you been then??? Planet ZOG

Dario, please dont tell me to be patient....I'VE BEEN PATIENT FOR 8.5 MONTHS MATEY!

Unfortunatley Dario, losses/sales/developers figures doesnt mean alot,if YOUR PS2 cannot even sort out its software and hardware release deadlines!!!!!

Just face it, this has to be Sonys biggest nuts-up of all time! So you really think the PS2 launch (all of them), has really not harmed Sonys reputation!!!!!????? I think you know the answer to that one!

Would you like me to scan ALL of my 100+ cd inlays for you, to prove they are original then??!!!! Oh, and 95% of 'em are IMPORTS...so thats about 50-60 pound each....get your calculator back out

Shaun.

[This message has been edited by Shaun (edited 26 November 2000).]
Old 26 November 2000, 09:18 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Wink

Shaun

Can i borrow some games please

Simon
Old 26 November 2000, 09:27 PM
Dario
Scooby Regular

Wink

Shaun,

a year is 12 months!

The games Ferrari 355 and MSR are 1.5 years and 1.9 years on from the release date.
Dreamcast's first year only had Soul Calibur/Sonic and Sega Rally 2 that were any good.

Wait till Mar 2001 if you have any patience and you'll see GT3, F1 2001, Wipeout Fusion etc - if not sell it

£6000 quid on computer games! - you must have money to burn and a lot of free time.

Regards

Dario

P.S - try MOTOGP from Namco in the meantime on PS2 - it's available on import.

Old 27 November 2000, 09:04 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Sunilp: coz I'm tight . I'm after a DVD player (cheapo one) and think that the PS2 may fit the bill. Simon (Mr C) has handily posted that it's about as noisy as his Pioneer jobbie, so I think I'll save me pennies.
Old 27 November 2000, 09:40 AM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Cool

Dario,

Yeap, I did loop at Moto GP....I think I may get it this week.

I HAVE GOT money to burn......I used to have a Subaru!!!!!!!

Shaun.
Old 27 November 2000, 01:57 PM
munna
Scooby Regular

Cool

Shaun=

'disgruntled ScooB owner and Ex Employee of Sony Corp...'

Me think's....there for me Know's!!...

PS :-your'e web site is toooooo slow....just like the car in the main picture!!
Old 27 November 2000, 05:03 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Oi Munna!

The ONLY reason why my WebSite would be too slow, is because of your feeble, 3rd world specification PC set-up!!!

Not a disgruntled Scoob owner at all.....Hence why I am a Moderator!!! Have I ever slagged Scoobs off, on this BBS (unless in jest).

Ex employee of Sony........dont think so!

By the way if YOUR mega hot rod cant beat a tuned 22b, then dont compare it with my so called, OLD KNACKER.......

Shaun.
Old 28 November 2000, 08:50 AM
munna
Scooby Regular

Cool

ouch!!!!....did i hit a raw nerve?...sorry....

PS you will find that it is not the PC that has to be fast to open up a web page...it's the other way round....it depend's on how the Web site has been made...the simpler it is the faster it is to load.
PPS:-you are right...my 'HOTROD cannot beat a highly tuned 22b....But I bet Me dads harder than your dad!!??
Old 28 November 2000, 09:18 AM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Munna,

I bet he aint

Shaun.
Old 28 November 2000, 09:31 AM
munna
Scooby Regular

I am glad that after all that we can still have a bit of fun!!....
no harm done ey?

any way must start looking for a job....i will argue with you later OK??

PS:-His is well ard...is me dad...