Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Help needed with Sky TV Please

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2000, 08:34 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I need some inside info regarding Sky Digital TV.

About a year ago my girlfriend phoned Sky and told them to cut her access down to the basic package, with no movies or sport. They changed her payments no problem, but she can still access all channels

She moves in with me soon, so two questions -

1. Can I rip all her gear out and install it at my house?

2. Should we tell them about a change of address, and is this likely to upset our little freebe? (Mail will be redirected by royal mail for some time)

Thanks for your help in advance, sure we could pay the full price but if you don't have to

Thanks
David
Old 12 October 2000, 11:00 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
shark,

after my dig about the screen wash i feel obliged to help.

A friend has just moved house and took his dish with him. he set the dish up on the front of new house , luckily neighboor has digi dish as well, and so he just pointed it in the general direction. didn't change the up/down angle of dish on bracket after he pulled it off his old house. whacked on new house and it works a treat. took 10 mins of fiddling to get a perfect reception (although you could get the local ariel company to align the dish for a small fee). then he just rang sky and told them his telephone no had changed.

oh - if you don't plug dish into phone socket they eventually ring you and ask why it aint working.

still upset @ paying £32 a month and not being able to receive the Finland match as part of the package .

told you i was tight

[This message has been edited by jjones (edited 12 October 2000).]
Old 13 October 2000, 12:55 AM
Shark
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks for your help guys.

David
Old 13 October 2000, 10:40 AM
kelvin
Scooby Regular

Talking

Shark,

I work locally in a TV and Audio dealer's and from what I've gathered, after you sign the contract with Sky, you are legally obliged to inform them if you change your address or they are allowed to "discontinue your service"

As for your "freebie" channels - it shouldn't have any effect on them - you can access the channels because Sky haven't altered the restrictions on your viewing card - I think you'll find that unless they send you a new card, and cancel your current one, you'll continue to get them. If you phone Sky and inform them of your new address they'll just change it on their database, nothing else ahould change

Hope this helps

Kelvin