Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dell Computers - My story

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2000, 12:20 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My company currently buys all of it's comouter from Dell - Good quality, reliable, cheap (ish) and good back-up.

This is going to change!

I sent a laptop back to Dell to be fixed which they did no problem.

I paid for it with my Company Barclaycard
£ 350.00+ no problem - OK small problem - Dell did not send a VAT (or any) reciept.

OK, i'll call Dell to get one (ten days ago)
Dell where very helpful and agreed to fax it to me that day - great service!

10 days later i have now called on five seperate occaisions. The fourth occasion i was transferred between six different departments before bieng cut off
The last time i asked for the MD - He was not in, Sales Director - left a voice message - no reply.

All i wanted was a VAT reciept for £ 350.00 worth of work which they carried out on time, to budget and the laptop works.
In my opinion and without predudice
They do not seem to have any idea how bad the rest of the organisation is and how badly they treat their customers. I feel poorly treated and i will not continue to buy from Dell after this.

anyone else had a similar experience?

[This message has been edited by Paul Habgood (edited 10 October 2000).]
Old 10 October 2000, 12:32 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can I just genuinely commend Paul on being able to give us all some important information about negative experiences with a company, without being libellous in any way.

Kind regards

Simon
Old 10 October 2000, 12:40 AM
Craig H
Scooby Regular

I know a fantastic supplier if you're interested
Old 10 October 2000, 12:50 AM
ca
Scooby Regular

Paul,

The local HMC&E will be absolutely delighted to investigate this on your behalf.

I kid you not, anyone who messes about with VAT will get a severe kicking from them. They have huge draconian powers.

Spaek to a director again. Give them until 5pm to fax it over (with an original in the post) - If they mess you about, send the boys in!

C
Old 10 October 2000, 01:34 PM
longun
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I'm certified by Dell to fix there laptops so I don't have deal with them unless I need parts, but when I have phoned for a few things There service was CR@P....

CP, CPI's CPIA's Are these the models you use and are you having trouble with them turning on?? Because if your are there is a common fault with Dells where you need to fit a CPU clip, because the CPU Moves out of it's socket with heat expanding them, and then them cooling down, contracting and working there wayout of the socket...

If ya Have anymore trouble send us a E-Mail first and I will see if I can help before Dell get involved...

Cheers
Old 10 October 2000, 06:36 PM
merlin
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I have had a similar problem with Dell. My last company ordered from Dell a new server along with Veritas backup software to allow a full system recovery.

The server arrived & it worked to the usual high Dell standards, however when I tried installing the Veritas backup software, the serial number that Dell had provided didn't unlock the full backup recovery. After several months trying to get a serial number out of both Dell & Veritas, I decided I was wasting too much time & switched to an alternative solution.
Old 11 October 2000, 12:44 AM
ChrisB

Thumbs up

Like ca,

I understand that a business cannot refuse to give you a VAT receipt.

Cheers,

Chris.
Old 11 October 2000, 03:50 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Well if its cheap pc's, laptops and parts your after.................

Old 11 October 2000, 10:42 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Yeah I've heard many stories like this about Dell as we supply loads of the big guys with their IT kit. Its seems like the Dell stuff is good but lead times are longer than ever and they are not good at supplying other bits around the hardware.
Like many companies backup is as good or bad as the person you talk to.

Plenty of other suppliers out there to provide a one stop shop. If anyone needs help just drop me a line, gets me away from my boring management reports !!

AllanB