Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Suzy's new car

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2000, 09:53 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

As you may or may not know, my beloved SuzyQ has a rather nice Weimaraner puppy, who's growning quite large, coupled with the fact that she wants to breed little weims she's gonna need a big car. She drove the wagon at the weekend and was smitten, and is threatening me with stealing it and forcing me to use her little Honda civic.

Anyway, she's going to need a new car and so we're doing some research. I'd love her to have a wagon, matching scoobies n all, but she's really going to need a 4x4, eg; Discovery, as the dogs will be quite big, plus it would be handy for her job as she's a horsey type person, so it might be the first 4x4 that actually goes off road as well as on.

Right, now to the meat. What import 4x4 type vehicles can you get and where could I get one from. I'd like to go import as it means it's cheaper, plus possible wider range. A typical example would be the Mitsubishi Pajero or Shogun (are they one in the same?).

So, where to get one, and what other types can you get? Still same issue as with scoobs when it comes to servicing, ie; they are 'greys' thus the official dealers won't touch them.
Old 15 August 2000, 10:01 AM
Alec
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Cool

Markus
IIRC Mitsubishi are now servicing greys so that might be the way forward, how about a Pajero Evolution 280bhp, Paris Dakar jobbie.
Old 15 August 2000, 01:42 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Assuming she doesn't need to get a horse in it, what about a Forester Turbo?
Old 15 August 2000, 01:55 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Alec, that's great news, will talk to my local mitsi dealer and see what they have to say.

BarryK, we had a look at a forrester, think it was a S/tb import, at the SIDC meet at Bentley in June (don't get me started ) and Suzy reckons that it's high enough but not wide/deep enough for one or more doggies. Will have a 'proper' look at one though as it would be nice to keep it all subaru, and a forrester turbo is a little bit different to a Landy.
Old 15 August 2000, 09:31 PM
sourob
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hiya marcus, we imported a mitsubishi challenger from Cyprus(We have aG.S.D and a Dobermann)we had a cage made and it works a treat still plenty of room in the car and you can take the cage out if you need to.Also a web site for you to try M.V.I services.
Old 16 August 2000, 10:26 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

cheers sourob, just the kinda info I need. Maggie, the weimaraner, is getting bigger and a 4x4 would fit her, her stuff, our stuff, and possibly another wiem. Plus Suzy likes the idea of having a nice large car to barge people off the road in!

Will look out M.V.I services' website

Old 17 August 2000, 06:59 PM
sourob
Scooby Regular

Cool