Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I thought I'd seen it all.....

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2002, 09:14 AM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry

After 20 years of driving with a large amount of motorway miles under my belt, I'd thought I'd seen just about every stupid driving error every thought of.

I WAS WRONG!

I was travelling north on the M1 last night towards junction 9, it was dark and drizzley, the traffic was very heavy but still doing 60 -70ish. I pulled out of lane 1 to overtake a slow moving convoy of lorries and cars and I noticed a new shape VW Passat dawdling in lane 1 also. 2 minutes later I see the same VW Passat coming up past me in lane 3. I was still passing the lorries in lane 2 minding my own business at the time so I had a good view of all lanes.

The Passat then accelerates towards the back of the car that's in front of him in lane three (a Clio) and proceeds to do what can only be described as a 'motor bike manoeuvre'. He squeezes his car between a car in lane 2 and an adjacent car in lane 3

Now my jaw dropped and I thought that he was doing a road rage thing to get back at the Clio for an incident that I'd not seen. But no, he darts back into lane 3 then pulls the same stunt again between 2 other cars (between lane 2+3)and then does the same to 2 cars in lane 1+2 before exiting at jcn9.

I didn't catch the plate and I couldn't see a 'how's my driving' sticker so he'll get away with it I guess.

Luckily, no one crashed. I had visions of 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles', if you've seen the film you'll know what I mean

I have seen it all now......

F

Old 09 December 2002, 09:41 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I can do better! The first time I drove through to see AJ I truddled off down the M8 at near rush hour so it was very busy. A huge line of traffic had formed in each lane an no particular lane was going faster than the other. I'd been aware of a set of Megan headlights behind me for most of the journey and was suprised to suddenly see a set of Pug headlights much closer. I was in the 'fast' lane and there was a small gap between two lorries in the slow lane. Pug boy floored it into the gap to undertake me, fortunately I had just enough power in 5th to match his acceleration and I moved in close (briefly) to the car in front! At this point I expected pug boy (was a gti-6 btw) to realise he'd lost his little game and to settle back into the flow of traffic!

BUT NO!!

He moved onto the hard-shoulder and undertook two lorries. I could then see him weaving in and out of the traffic using both lanes and the hard-shoulder until he was out of sight

Madness, sheer madness
Old 09 December 2002, 09:49 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Sorry to say it but.... Nothing amazes me any more....

Completely senseless!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09 December 2002, 11:34 AM
Crush
Scooby Regular

A license is a privelage, not a right![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

These tossers don't deserve that privelage![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I hate driving on the roads now! I might even get a white van, just so nobody tries to "Take Me On" and kill me, because they think they are a F! driver! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09 December 2002, 03:13 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Wink

Please crush, nooooooooooooo! I can't stand the though of another white van driver in Edinburgh...I hate them [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] They hog the lane, sit 2 feet of your bumper at 90mph and contribute nothing to the motoring world other the odd *** or half eaten pie chucked out the window.
Old 09 December 2002, 03:30 PM
WRXsoon
Scooby Newbie

Red face

What about the bloke going down the motorway THE WRONG WAY in the fast line...

Madness...