Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Rave review, united dance last night.

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2002, 06:13 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

It was good. IMO not as good a raindance as it lacked the same atmosphere. Just a tad too overproduced for my liking, My preference is for hardcore events to have a party atmosphere and not be like the ministry vibe of "oh, I'm a supercool clubber" heh, not making much sense now, I'll move on.
Phil Renolds did a good warm up but Bunters set just totally ruined the night You're in the hardcore arena after hardcore then bunter comes along with his hardhouse ****e. No thanks. Hixxy did a blinder, not sure of most of his set (goddamn memory) but I can remember he finished with the hadcore rip of "set you free"
Before the dnb room got too packed I went in there (took me dayglo off first ) and saw someone who I've hard a lot about. EKSman was on the mic and he had the goods. The best bit was he knew when to shut his mouth and when to go for it. A rarity for a DNB MC.
In the oldskool room, Nicky Blackmarket did a fantastic set. Its been a while since I saw him play out but it was still as good as ever. Didnt have "special request" by the VIP crew with him but cest la vie. Still good though.
Sy was on last in the oldskool room. I knew this because Dougal's set did nothing for me. A bit dull TBH, but Sy was doing it. Storm was on the Mic but was doing a quality minimalist deal. letting the tunes do the talking most of the time and the set was better for it. hehe, didnt have ANY of the tunes I asked for cos he ws playing real early stuff. Good set.
Mark EG did another hard as **** deal. Nice.
The things I liked less were:
It might just have been me but the sound was a little off on the hardcore room. It was as if the MC was a quarter second behind the pace of the tune and that was a little off putting when you're trying to get into it.
NO FOOD!!!! I got severe hunger pangs at about 2am and in the end I managed to blag an oatmeal bar from one of the barstaff. Cheers for that but a burger van or stand or somthing, anything would have been nice.
Also, I couldnt actually see the DJs too well. They were set about 6-7 metres back and were unlit so I couldnt see them properly. Just me being a picky b*****d I suppose but I preferred the setup in the oldskool room.
Overall it was a good event. I got pretty wasted and had to have a sitdown toward the end but it was still good. Seone has certainlly got its act together since its drome days. I was only hot once when I was dancing to NBM, but I was positivly cold on a number of occasions. Proper bogs too, with people inside all night, with their aftershaves and deodorants. Like I said, nice venue.
I'm waffling now. I'm gonna shutup.
astraboy.
Old 02 December 2002, 06:28 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Oh yeah, quote of the night.
Quote of the night goes to...
My mate Kazzer.
" lets go into the Drum & bass room with our dayglos on and see how long it takes to get stabbed"

astraboy.
Old 02 December 2002, 06:39 PM
SL2
Scooby Regular

It's good to hear that SE 1/drome has improved. It was getting a bit stupid in late 2000 at raindance(too many ppl and way too hot).