Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What is your "Mrs "doing when your out??

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2002, 11:22 AM
Luke
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike Dickins on "Talk Radio" is talking about more women are having a bit on the side than men...Seems like they enjoy this new "ladish" thing.

Old 12 November 2002, 11:42 AM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

great.
Old 12 November 2002, 11:42 AM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

Angry

that's all i need!
Old 12 November 2002, 11:59 AM
Luke
BANNED

They reccon that even within the first 3 years of marriage. A women is more likely to have an affair. Also Christmas work parties are the worst time. 70% have the affair at work.
Old 12 November 2002, 12:02 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

good job the misses is at college n not married then
Old 12 November 2002, 12:02 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Wink

"out" Please explain this concept.
Old 12 November 2002, 12:04 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

My opinion is that if a wife/girlfriend goes and does this then there's something wrong somewhere in the relationship. Even if they claim "it was just a bit of fun" still must mean there is something that is not quite right.
Old 12 November 2002, 12:14 PM
iain atkins
Scooby Regular

Totally agree with Markus, people only have affairs if they are unhappy in a relationship or things aren't quite right
Old 12 November 2002, 12:29 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Wink

All women are Slags!!! Simple
Old 12 November 2002, 12:36 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Personally I think there is a big difference between an affair and a one night stand.

Affair: calculated, planned, done with intention
One night stand: Pissed at xmas party, got off with somebody. End

I don't think there has to be something wrong in a relationship for the "having a ****" at the Christmas party to take place... just a number of events fueled by too much pop. Probably regret it the next day?

Thats what I think anyway.
Old 12 November 2002, 12:40 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Best bet is to get your bit on the side in first. that you way you don't feel so bad when you discover that the wife's at it as well. Kinda like an insurance policy. You know it makes sense

Charlie.
Old 12 November 2002, 12:41 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I disagree. Alcohol just lowers your inhibitions. The intention must be there (but supressed) for it to happen.

For example, I'm not gay and no matter how pissed I've been I've never fancied another bloke.
Old 12 November 2002, 12:44 PM
Ian Payne
Scooby Regular

Wink

best thing to do is find a girlfriend who is married...

Ian
Old 12 November 2002, 12:48 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Well Im married, but it doesn't stop me window shopping. I can walk down the street with the Mrs and comment on other women, as she can comment on other blokes. We both quite happily comment on which people are attractive on TV for example, she even asks me.

She would run off with that Owen bloke from Holby City given half the chance....) (dunno why like... but hey...)

Likewise, I might say "bet she's a dirty bitch etc. etc."

I don't beleive anything is wrong with our relationship.

So you go out, get pissed as a fart, and in a blokes case, a bird dressed in short skirt, cropped top, fu3k me boots and a nice pair of **** comes up and puts it on a plate? (for example, at the office christmas party). You **** them.

**** happens, but it doesn't mean, again, IMO, that anything is wrong with your relationship.

Old 12 November 2002, 12:56 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Wink

^Qwerty^, Where in Yorkshire do you live? I'm guessing Wakefield or Batley
Old 12 November 2002, 12:59 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

So you go out, get pissed as a fart, and in a blokes case, a bird dressed in short skirt, cropped top, fu3k me boots and a nice pair of **** comes up and puts it on a plate? (for example, at the office christmas party). You **** them.
Surely if that's what you believe, you shouldn't be married? Monogamy is one of the pre-requisites of marriage (which is why failure to stick to it is grounds for divorce).
Old 12 November 2002, 01:01 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Never been to Batley. Went out in Wakey once or twice in my past

I lead a quiet life these days. At once point I was going four night out a week, and at most times had a bottle in each hand.... then I realised how much it was costing me.

BTW: Im quite sure nice birds in short skirts, cropped tops, boots and nice **** are all over the country, and not just unique to certain parts of Yorks.
Old 12 November 2002, 01:02 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Bizarre coincidence. Just found this on the Yahoo! UK home page.
Old 12 November 2002, 01:15 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Im not saying you have to **** them. Im just saying it happens.

Nobody at all should be married, because deep down, when you get under all the thoughts and feelings impossed by the environment that we live in, blokes are promiscuous. There is nothing you can do about it.

So I got married, like many other people, but I have no intention of ******** other birds, but that doesn't stop me looking at them, and wanting to. However while Im sober, I manage to control what nature intended for me to do.

So as you say, when people get a few pints of pop in them, their inhibitions go out the window. It doesn't mean they should not have got married.
Old 12 November 2002, 01:20 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Good point about window shopping. not a problem, as long as it's deffo 'look but don't touch'

As for the 'drunk **** at a party' hmm, well, I'd never say never, but, I like to think that I'd still turn it down, cos I'm not really like that, plus my mind, no matter how pished I was, would always be thinking about the consequences, and "the morning after" would be not nice at all. I'm not trying to say I'm a saint. Just saying that I can't really justify the "it's on a plate, you'd take the offer up" type of thinking.
Put it this way, if my partner did it, I'd be horrified. Dunno if I could/would accept the "I was drunk, it meant nothing, was just sex" type comment that might be used. Saying that, I'm a nice guy so I'd prob just let it slide, but I would trully feel like I had done something wrong to make her do it in the first place. Guess it's just the way i see things, as in, not matter if it's offered to you on a plate, if you're with someone, your with with someone, so you should not take up the offer.
Old 12 November 2002, 01:25 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

The Victorians were much more accepting of a bit of ******** around. I don't see what's so wrong with it. I mean, you wouldn't want to have to drive the same car for your whole life would you, or drink in the same pub every night. Let's face it, your football team is the only thing that you can never change... People live together for reasons of convenience - it makes life easier and less lonely.
Old 12 November 2002, 01:29 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

I also refer back to my first post about there been a vast difference between an affair and a one night stand.
Old 12 November 2002, 01:36 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Interesting article in the Sunday Times about this http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,2086,00.html (search affairs - Flings aint what they used to be).

55% of all married people admit to having had an affair. People with strong religous beliefs were most scornful of such behaviour, but no less likely to take part, statistically.
Old 12 November 2002, 01:39 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

true point about one night stand, not planned, affair, planned.

Guess I'm just a nice guy and could not do it!
Old 12 November 2002, 01:50 PM
damian666
Scooby Regular

The furthest we have got (i.e. my partner AND myself) is kissing someone else - but it was totally consensual. I said she could, she said I could. Anything other than that and I can guarnatee our relationship would be over. I love her dearly but there are some things that you have to draw the line at. She says exactly the same. We are easy going, but there is a hard line...

The definative ruling is - "Sexual touching is a no-no"
Old 12 November 2002, 02:29 PM
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

Ive had Qwerty .... he's crap

Old 12 November 2002, 02:37 PM
Makalu
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hmmm, I know a little about this subject...

Came home from work (about 7 years ago this was) to find my mate ******** the wife...

I was completely devestated. Ended in divorce. Luckily for me there were no kids involved. Wept for months 'cos she was so gorgeous.

Still, life goes on and I never had the heart to tell her I had been ******** her best mate for the previous four years, including on our wedding day... Hey ho! What goes around?

Mak.

Epilogue...
Now married to her 'best friend', blissfully happy with kids!
Old 12 November 2002, 02:40 PM
ChrisB

Mak!
Old 12 November 2002, 02:51 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

All I can say is

the fat cow better not be out.
she should be in doors cooking my dinner
cleaning the house
resting
Old 12 November 2002, 03:34 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

lol @ barge.

Damien, hmm, not sure about just kissing, a friendly kiss maybe, but that's between friends. anything else? hmm, don't think I could cope with that, unless it was agreed by both people that it was ok. Anything else, forget it.
If I found my partner had been unfaithfull, regardless of if it was a office party thing, a one night stand, or an affair, I'd be totally devestated. I would have the cooment deceny to talk to them about why they did it, yes I'd go ape, but i would want to know why, and if I'd done something wrong, and more importantly if so, could I sort that. Give a 2nd chance? hmmm, not sure, given the kind of chap I am, I would prob do that, if it happened again? hmm, instant flash reaction would be to end it, there and then, never look back, not so instant reacion would be to talk again, and find out why, but I would prob be thinking it's time to call it a day, as i'm not a doormat.

Quick Reply: What is your "Mrs "doing when your out??