Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

SPEEDING FINE - 82MPH ON A-1

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2002, 10:39 PM
cavturbo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should you wish to contest it. Contact them and ask for photographic evidence, as you cannot recolect which of the usual drivers was behind the wheel. If its a poor photo, or your face is not clear. Explain you are unsure who was behind the wheel and even tho you are the registered keeper, you do not always drive it.

may be worth a go.
a mate of mine was clocked by an unmarked camera in a van and was facing a ban. we parked his car up, reported it stolen. received a crime no and got a mate to ring the police and tell the police there is a car parked strangely. They ring you tell you where it is, you collect it. week and a half later, when you receive the dreaded letter, you contact them and they tell you not to worry about it and apologise for it.

Worked beautifully.

james

Old 28 October 2002, 10:47 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Thanks.
Old 29 October 2002, 11:23 AM
Maz-old
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Just a quick note. What you have just done is advise someone to 'pervert the course of justice' an offence which, I promise you, is going to end up looking much worse on your record and end up in a REALLY big fine, community service or worse. I'm not taking the **** here. Also, by advising that, you've also committed an offence under the same Act.

Be careful what you say on here about stuff like that as the police do check every so often and it may bite you on the ****. Granted the chances are slim, but is the risk worth it?

I'm happy to be flamed as being a boring ol' bugger, but frankly, I'd rather that than you not realise what you are doing.

[Edited by Maz - 10/29/2002 11:24:36 AM]