3 road rage incidents in 4 days!

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2002, 10:46 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Is it me? Am I a tw@t or something?

Friday night, usual nightmare commute in bad weather up the M6. The traffic is flowing nicely at ~70mph, although the 4 Asians in the fake M3 don't think thats fast enough so they decide to use the hard shoulder. My passenger gives them the ****** sign so they decide to throw things at my car while swerving in and out of traffic and they try to run me off the road. L702FPE now reported to the police. (OK admittedly, my passenger shouldn't have given the ****** sign, but hey, there's no justification for thowing **** and driving like a maniac on the M6 in rush hour in heavy rain)

This morning, cruising into work on the M6, loads of traffic in lane 3, lanes 1 and 2 completely empty. I'm in lane 1 doing 70mph, lane 3 is now bunched up and varying in speed from 60 - 80mph. I catch up to a wagon and pull into lane 2 (still doing 70 mph) then catch up to a van so pull into lane 3 in front of a Citroen C5 and behind a Transit Van. Plenty of room. Guess what happened next? Nope, not that. A VW Passat 2 cars back drops into lane 2, accelerates up alongside me, then swerves at me and then forces himself in front of me. No exaggeration, if I hadn't hit the brakes and swerved onto the small bit of verge before the crash barrier, they'd have been cutting me out of the wreckage, he threw his car in front of me very violently. Seriously, what the **** was he thinking? He then starts with the hand gestures and mouthing in the mirror. For some reason, he declined my very clear offer to discuss the matter off the motorway. (He may have been disgruntled that I got ahead of him in the queue, but there is no justification in him deliberately tring to cause a crash)

Finally, I get off the motorway and on to the dual carriageway, then just before my turn off, the traffic always bunches. Some *** in a Punto Turbo comes flying up behind me at about 90mph (both lanes of the dual carriageway are doing 50) and he flashes me out of the way. There's a car in front of me, and no gaps inside me (I'm looking for one to come off the next lip-road anyway) then the road clears a little, so we speed up, a gap appears on the inside, I check my mirror and start to indicate and the ****er accelerates into the gap then starts mouthing and hand-gesturing, so I let him undertake me then pull in behind him. He then starts to brake check me. So I offer to discuss it with him as well, but he prefers to head off at 60 mph in a 30. (Teenagers, what are you gonna do? )

I wonder why these people swear at other drivers for being in the wrong but then can't justify their actions? I'm not an aggresive person, but I'd love to have asked the question of any of thse drivers: what was that all about?

I'm no saint, but I seriously don't beleive I deserved any of the above treatment.

Cue 1001 replies telling me how I must have done something more to irritate these people
Old 28 October 2002, 10:52 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs up

People are all mouth when they are behind the wheel. But will they pull over to discuss their problem an adult fashion ? ()Will they f...
Old 28 October 2002, 11:00 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

I get w4nkers trying to burn me off all the time and overtake on the inside, flash me out the way etc..

i just ignore the *******, until such time as they cause me to take avoiding action, they usually get bored and pi55 off laughing.

just in case they dont, the best thing is to wait until single lane traffic, overtake them and handbrake it in front of them blocking the road.

leap out the motor, stick your fist through their side window and drag them out by the scruff of their spotty teenage necks.

then smash their head into their front wing.

you can give them an extra dig in the kidneys, if needs be.

anyone else in their car will now be hiding under the seats.

Bowl back over to your car and drive off in a gentle orderly manner.

bb

Old 28 October 2002, 11:31 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, sounds just like it used to be for me on the M11 on a daily basis

Most of the time I ignored them but sometimes...

Saying that reminds me of last night coming down the A1, on the inside track, round a roundabout, then start to accelerate onto the dual again. Car in front going slower, so check and indicate into the o/side (clear) and all of a sudden its daylight behind as the muppet objects to the clearly indicated and totally safe manouevre

Let 'em get on with it
Old 28 October 2002, 11:37 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Mate i had the same thing the last 2 weeks on many long runs up the M40/M42/M5/M6 up to Oldham.

Cruising along at 70 in the inside lane on M6 and a BMW 3 series from the outside land swerves at me in the rain. Brown trouser moment.

Again, declined the opportunity to discuss it.
Old 28 October 2002, 11:38 AM
jasonwrxowner
Scooby Regular

Has you're car been serviced recently?

I think that some joker of a mechanic must have fitted an TW@T attractor somewhere in your car.

Just ignore the little morons. They will be preoccupied trying to maintain their breathing while they themselves are being cut free from their motors before too long.

Old 28 October 2002, 11:43 AM
gadget kev
Scooby Regular

lol at the tw@t attractor

Trending Topics

Old 28 October 2002, 11:52 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Wink

Maybe he'd just upgraded from a Mondeo?
Old 28 October 2002, 12:01 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

I find this crap only goes on in the outside line. For trouble-free motoring, cruise at 70mph in lanes 1 listening to Radio 2 - works for me!
Old 28 October 2002, 12:33 PM
Dave_A
Scooby Regular

Do you work in Stoke, Notorious? Your journey in sounds just like mine in a morning - down the M6, off at J16, up the 500 to Stoke. Normally meet 1 or 2 'cavalier men' in a morning with their dtm exhusts, normally looking to go from slip road to outside lane in one swift cut up.

Old 28 October 2002, 12:43 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Dave, exactly that journey mate! On at 20 off at 16 up the D-road in a battle for my life. You weren't driving a blue Passat TDi today, were you?
Old 28 October 2002, 01:01 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

U drive like a feking moron
hahah oi bravo, LMFAO mate.
considering you are the model student of the DVLC safety
on the roads policy!!!!!

BB

PS. Do you like my new V6 Vectra???

Old 28 October 2002, 01:03 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Get this sh1te all the time..

depending on my mood I usually try and ignore it now as I have found myself in stupid situations.. like one guy on the M25 with a crowbar in his arm out the window!! I was more worried about damage to the car than myself.. was glad to be in the Scoob and he was in a Jeep at this point.. bye bye.. whilst waving of course.. always seems to enfuriate someone more if I wave and smile rather than finger signals etc..

Some guy this morning I couldn't ignore though, weaving in and out of the three lanes on the motorway he was and then jumped in my braking distance between me and an artic in front to come off the next junction.... I had to overtake and do the same back..
Wasn't big and wasn't clever, but made me feel a hell of a lot better, especially when he than gave this 'What did I do' look..
muppet

JGM
Old 28 October 2002, 01:28 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

I say drive your birds car for a day, watch of them and do the same back - I've done this, and you find its the car on some occasion which attracts the attention, but other times the driver is just a plain and simple ****.

Just blank it, and carry on as normal.
Old 28 October 2002, 02:31 PM
TAZMAN
Scooby Regular

laugh at them and smile....angry people hate it when you smile at them...or another favorite is blow them a kiss...most road rage aholes seem homophobic...scares the ****e outta them and makes my wife laugh her **** off...
Old 28 October 2002, 04:39 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
I was sat in near stationary traffic indicating a change to the left hand lane - I'd moved to the right to allow traffic into the queue. I started edging into a gap that would've slowed no one when a girl - who I'd moved in front of - starts calling me a ****** and waving her hands around. By now the traffic was going nowhere so I got out to ask her what was up, her scrambling for the door locks and the general panicked look on her face made me get back in the car. I wouldn't have caused her any harm, just asked why she was so wound up. People like her shouldn't be driving, the stress is too much, not only had she wound herself up, she's almost dealt herself a face to face confrontation.
Old 28 October 2002, 05:56 PM
Rusty Festa
Scooby Regular

Angry

Everyone should be made to borrow £20k for a spankin new nice motor that way they would show a lot more respect for their own vehicle and drive with that in mind. Too many rust buckets out there whose drivers don't give a to$$ if they scratch/bump it... just look at supermarket carparks
Old 28 October 2002, 07:57 PM
Dave_A
Scooby Regular

Notorious, wave if you see me - DBM on a 'v' plate, normally going down the M6 at around 7:30ish in the morning, back again any time between 4:00 and 6:00.

I'm normally quite friendly - I tend to wave at any scoobies I see
Old 28 October 2002, 08:19 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Dave, at 7:30 I'm still in bed mate

I'm actually driving a Lexus at the minute probably until the end of the month. I'll keep an eye out for you on the homeward journey though.