Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

More god dam spam from Nigeria

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2002, 11:45 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
below is another of those spam e-mails that were going around a couple of weeks back, must have trawled scoobnet for my address being as it's the only place it's posted !!
No abuse report details in the properties box, so I can't have the ****'s account cancelled..

Anybody facy mailbombing the spamming idiot
or other by any other suitable method !

Wasn't there a special address to send these to

cheers Andy

Return-path: <draliyushagari@mailcity.com>
Delivery-date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 07:28:18 +0100
Received: from fe-mail.whowhere.com ([209.202.220.140] helo=mailcity.com)

for andy.c@clara.co.uk; Sat, 19 Oct 2002 07:28:17 +0100
Received: from Unknown/Local ([?.?.?.?]) by mailcity.com; Sat, 19 Oct 2002 06:28:07 -0000
To: draliyushagari@lycos.com
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 02:28:07 -0400

-----------------------------------------------
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
7 Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, P. M. B. 12701, Lagos.
Office Of The Presidential Contract Review Panel
Chairman: Dr.Aliyu Shagari.
Telephone: 234-1-480-0243
Confidential Fax: 234-1-7591494

ATTN.Director.

Dear Sir,

I am making this contact with you on behalf of my colleagues and I after the satisfactory information we gathered from the Nigerian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

We are members of the Presidential Contract Review Panel on foreign debt. We are contacting you as a trustworthy individual, into whose account we intend to transfer some funds.

Presently, we have in our possession, instrument of payment for US$10M(Ten Million U.S. Dollars), This amount arose from over-invoicing of some supplies and engineering works contracts which had been financed by the Petroleum Trust Fund. The Contractors have been paid in full for contracts executed. The fund are therefore free to be transferred overseas without any risk whatsoever.

Due to the nature of accrual of these funds, it has to be applied for by a foreign individual or organisation, and payment can only be made into a foreign account: Hence this contacts is necessary to
accomplish this deal. We are willing to compensate you with 20% of the amount for providing the account and all other relevant assistance to enable us accomplish this, 5% will be used for the reimbursement of all expenses that will be incurred by both parties during the course of this financial transaction; the remaining 75% is for my associates and I.

We shall require from you the following urgently, by fax or email:
1.Your name, contact address,telephone and fax numbers.
2.The name and full address of your organization or company.

My colleagues and I have had fruitful discussions with relevant top officials of both the Federal Ministry of Finance (FMF) and the Debt Reconciliation Committee(DRC) and they have agreed to co-operate in the transfer. An application for funds transfer will be made at the appropriate ministries in favour of you, the beneficiary.Thereafter you will be officially regarded as having executed the contract for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation for which payments is being made.This process makes the operation legal according to the laws of the federal Republic of Nigeria.

Please, treat this transaction as strictly confidential, we are civil servants who would not want our names tarnished, bearing in mind our positions. Because of cross interference of telephone calls in
Nigeria do ask my security code "PC111" before speaking to the person that pick up your call and do not go through the international telephone operator of (AT&T) when lines are busy at any time in the course of this transaction.Always dial direct. It is difficult to get telephone access to Nigeria. So you must persist when the telephone says subscriber not available or the number does not exist, these responses are always given when there is no access. Thanks for your anticipated co-operation, while I await your timely response.

Yours faithfully,

Dr.Aliyu Shagari.

Old 19 October 2002, 11:49 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Reply with....

'I know who you are. I know where you live. I hope you and your friends & family are prepared at any time of day for a suprise 'visit'. I hope you are fit and can defend yourself against trained professionals. Goodbye and see you soon!'

Old 20 October 2002, 01:55 AM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Angry

i got one the other week

i cant believe people are taken in with this b*llox
Old 20 October 2002, 09:49 AM
skiddusmarkus
Scooby Regular

I got a similar one from"Zimbabwe"cough cough.Millions in gems just waiting for me apparently.
Old 20 October 2002, 01:34 PM
scooby nutter
Scooby Regular

Fuzz

a nice tool is called Avalanche v3.6
Old 20 October 2002, 03:37 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Had a couple last week.

They're getting tight - it's usually $20 million US plus, on offer. Hard times I expect!

[Edited by David Lock - 10/20/2002 3:38:23 PM]
Old 20 October 2002, 03:54 PM
Clare
Scooby Regular

Question

Do they not realise they are well known as spam? Or are they hoping that there are some idiots out there who will cough up? Stupid!
Old 20 October 2002, 05:22 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

There are idiots out there that cough up. It's a big bucks business and can get very nasty [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] and I am NOT speaking from experience I hasten to add...
Old 20 October 2002, 05:53 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

On the radio the other day they said you should forward these things to the Embassey of the country involved.
Apparently a lot of African countries are getting tense about these things as it sends out all the wrong messages about their countries.

I just usually reply that I'd love to be involved and string the ***** along a bit Beats typing crap on Scoobynet 24 hours a day
Old 20 October 2002, 06:18 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Drop the Met Police Fraud Squad a copy of the email, details on their site here

Sal
Old 20 October 2002, 06:20 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

Try this piece of software: http://www.webattack.com/get/bounce.shtml. It's free and allows you to create a fake 'bounce' response - as if your address didn't exist. Should help prevent/minimise additional spam from that source.
Old 21 October 2002, 07:44 AM
swan
Scooby Regular

Have a look at http://www.quatloos.com/brad-c/directory01.htm. Brilliant site where this guys plays along with them, excellent reading.
Old 21 October 2002, 09:34 AM
dogmaul
Scooby Regular

its not actually illegal for them to do this in Zimbabwe they are protected by the goverment
Old 21 October 2002, 12:20 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

A female employee (58 yrs old I think) in the USA recently managed to lose $2.8million of her company's money in one of these scams. She used her employers money in the vain hope of keeping the supposed ill gotten gains and repaying the company back.
Old 21 October 2002, 12:47 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

Reffro, they have ammended the saying for the US.

There are now, 2 born every minute!!! LOL