Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Urgent help required by fellow Scoobynetters!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2002, 12:42 AM
Omen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Hi all!

This is a message asking for help from fellow Scoobynetters to help the other love in my life, Barnsley FC, in its hour of need!

Some of you may know that we went into administration last week. It is quite possible we could play our very last game EVER on the 23rd November against Peterborough - unless a buyer comes forward to take over the club. This for me is unthinkable - just as having my Scoob taken away from me would be! although i could buy another Scoob I could never get another Barnsley FC!

What is happening at the moment is a Fundraising Society has been set up and hundreds of fans are working tirelesley to raise enough funds to keep the club running until a buyer can be found. There are countless things been set up but the most popular and easy way is to sponsor a seat or goals scored (although this could be a low return on current performances! ).

If you think you can help in any way possible every single Barnsley fan and I would be very grateful! If not then thankyou for taking the time to read this and spread the word. Who knows, you may know someone wishing to invest, provide sponsorship, etc etc!

Please visit the sites http://www.barnsleyfc.net and http://www.barnsleyfc.org if you can help, to pass on a message or would simply like to see what is happening! (sorry - i dont know how to hyperlink!)

Once again thanks for reading and fingers crossed some of you may be able to help in some way!!

Cheers,
Omen
Old 10 October 2002, 01:25 AM
Omen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have any fund raising ideas using the Scoob? Dont know if anything has been done on here before.

Post below if you have.

Cheers.
Omen