Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A crim now

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2002, 11:11 AM
ariel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone. So perhaps you can help. It's not me, thankfully, but my girlfriend. Having been lectured some time in the recent past by her with the "Speed Kills" mantra she has now been told that she has TWO! speeding tickets NIP arrived. Thing is that she only recently bought this car and the NIPs have been sent to the person who sold it to her. She did send the change of ownership form previous to being GATSOed. So my question is that if the NIP arrives with her after the statutory 14 days does it still count?
She is a bit mournful at being caught on two successive days, 40 in a 30. 6 points, does this have any effect on insurance?
Old 09 October 2002, 02:59 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

The NIP is valid, it has been sent to the registered keeper of the vehicle, who has provided the police the details of the driver. So all they will do now is send any prosecution details and or fixed penalty tickets to her and await her answer. She's well and truly done, all that's left is for you to wipe any smug looks off your face, lest she lose her sense of humour aswell as her clean licence.
Old 09 October 2002, 04:24 PM
ariel
Scooby Regular

Ok thanks. Thought it would hurt.
She does think a bit more like me now.