Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why are cats so rank ?

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2002, 08:52 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Waiting to see the first (of many) cat hating posts shortly followed by pro cat posts then folowed by anti cat calling pro cat posters animal activists and a shame they do not cars as much about humans

Thomas our 8 y/o male cat does not hunt he sometimes sits in the window and chatters at the birds as they fly by. then again his meals are served to him on time every time and he is far to lazy to catch us a pressie. Trying to train him to take out the rubbish and operate the breadmaker at the momnent, without much sucess.

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 10/8/2002 9:02:03 AM]
Old 10 August 2002, 12:21 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Who counts these?

what a cr@ppy job!

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 10/8/2002 12:21:33 PM]
Old 10 August 2002, 03:54 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

You lot mostly seem quite proud that your cats help in killing some of the 90 million animals./birds etc. which are killed by domestic cats per year.

:sitsbackandwaitsforatwentypagethread:

Not at all! I hate her bringing in things which she has killed, if anything is alive and unharmed, I will put it back out. Once she bought a live mouse in unharmed, I picked him up gently and while I was carrying him to the top of the garden, the ungrateful little bast**d bit me! The bite went septic, I didn't know if I was up to date with my tetenus injections - so had to have jabs again!

Now anything is carried out with the use of an old tea-towel, well away from my fingers!!!!

I fully expect the new cat to be more of a prolific hunter, he is from a farm

[Edited by Redkop - 10/8/2002 3:54:59 PM]
Old 10 August 2002, 06:32 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
Cool

We got her from the animal welfare trust and according to my mum is best described as 'an animated hearth rug' which has a taste for Ben and Jerry's 'cookie dough' ice cream, garlic infused roast beef (the feline equivalent of speed as she goes loopy after it) and bath water seems to be the beverage of choice

[Edited by scoob_babe - 10/8/2002 6:37:42 PM]
Old 08 October 2002, 08:11 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Question

Dont get me wrong, i love my 3 cats but the youngest (1 yr - Brian) is not pleasant at all.

He brings us in all sorts of presents (frogs, birds, etc) but yesterday and today he has taken the biscuit....

Yesterday AM we were woken to the sound of him grunting and rolling around with something that turned out to be a rat and this morning it was much of the same but it was a mouse. I tried to get rid of it but he growled at me and then ate the thing in 3 bites. All that at 6am. Nice.

Dave
Old 08 October 2002, 08:12 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Cool

We have a Persian who is the cutest-looking thing in the whole world. But he loves eating moths. He'll chase them around for 10-15 minutes, and then when he catches them, he'll sit looking at us whilst he crunches it up in his mouth like a tortilla. It's usually still fluttering until about the 3rd crunch. Gross....
Old 08 October 2002, 08:19 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Worst thing was, you could hear the bones crunching as he ate the mouse. That nearly made me gag.
Old 08 October 2002, 08:26 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Cool

Here you go. Check out our pair of vicious killers.

Old 08 October 2002, 08:30 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Cool

We seem to have it easy

Ours only bring in moths and such like, no mammals!

The bells on the collars help unless the intended prey is deaf.
Old 08 October 2002, 08:33 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Hamish (the tabby) has a bell on his collar. Prince (the persian) used to have a bell, but it fell off. We didn't bother replacing it, 'cos the mice/voles/birds are so stupid that they didn't seem to work out that an approaching bell meant instant torture and death. It made no difference at all...!
Old 08 October 2002, 08:41 AM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Mice,rats,birds and RABBITS all get bought in (alive) by our lovely little chap.
Old 08 October 2002, 08:53 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Cool

Not to mention Tiggs slating the 'devil cats'.
Old 08 October 2002, 08:57 AM
TolTec
Scooby Regular

Ready for gross out?

I shared a house with a cat that liked to hunt slugs.
It then used to come in for a cuddle with foamy bits of slug still stuck to its mouth.

Lovely cat otherwise.
Old 08 October 2002, 09:40 AM
Jen.
Scooby Regular

ergh! Those are some stories!!

We've just taken on three more as they were without a home so that makes five now! (yeah, yeah, I'm turning into a dodgy cat woman - all I want really is a couple of greyhounds! )

One of the original two came in the other week holding a bird in his mouth by the back of his neck - wings still flapping! I managed to chase him off, unfortunatly it ended with me reversing over the bird (I tryed to hit it with a spade or something, but just couldn't do it ) ...oh well, at least the last thing he heard was the flat-four through a de-cat

Guess it's just natural for them to try to build up an emergency store of food...kinda horrible though

Jen
Old 08 October 2002, 11:09 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Yep my cat brings in all sorts semi-dead/dead/alive. Have tried a bell on a collar - doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Now for my sins, have just acquired another cat - 5 months old, so I fully expect to be inundated with prezzies
Old 08 October 2002, 11:11 AM
GTB Limited
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cats are the uk's no.1 predator.

our cat's presents:

Edible:

spiders
moths
butterfies
craneflies
dragonflies

toys:

frogs
mice
worms
birds

this lot normally end up in the house, and normally at night.

then they look at you, as if to say "problem".

don't you just love'em.
Old 08 October 2002, 11:26 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Our Bermese brought home a mouse the other day - perfectly unharmed - then dropped it at my feet. It promptly ran behind the washing machine & it took me 2 hours to get it out....making me late for work.
& the other one LOVES daddy-longlegs & always seems to leave a couple of legs dangling out of its mouth.....gross.
He also loves to catch & eat flies which is great in summer !

Ro.
Old 08 October 2002, 11:35 AM
Magic Boot
Scooby Regular

Talking

One of my little killing machines used to bring in Shrews that he had mouthed, batted around etc. breaking their back legs. He then proceeded to drop them by my head on the pillow and allow them to crawl about squeaking dragging their legs and entrails until i wake and freak.

Now my girlfriend is in residence this DOES NOT happen!!! I do kinda miss it in a sick and twisted kinda way.

Old 08 October 2002, 11:50 AM
Thunderbird555
Scooby Regular

One of my cats has brought home mice, rats, frogs and numerous small birds. The worst things she has brought home are a decapitated pigeon which she dumped in the middle of the living room and on another occasion a dismembered squirrel.

Both my cats are quite useful for catching large spiders though

I once read that a cat is in its hunting prime up to the age of 8, yet my 14 yr old still deposits between 1 and 3 "presents" per day in and around my flat!
Old 08 October 2002, 12:11 PM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

You lot mostly seem quite proud that your cats help in killing some of the 90 million animals./birds etc. which are killed by domestic cats per year.

:sitsbackandwaitsforatwentypagethread:
Old 08 October 2002, 12:24 PM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

LOL - bite you b@stards

Number of cats x average number of kills @ approx 20 per kitty I spose.
Old 08 October 2002, 12:26 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Red face

My last cats had a penchant for worms. Not very nice when they're dried up on your carpet!
Old 08 October 2002, 12:29 PM
Mufasa
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Thank **** springs long over! My delightful pussycat used to deposit cockchafers / may bugs the bed , loads of 'em!!

Old 08 October 2002, 12:34 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Red face

my old cat, smokey, was well hard.

i found it as a 2 day old orphan after its mum, brothers and sisters had been killed by some scum. Smokey had his ears chopped with scisors by the sick *******s. I was 3 when i took him home.

Not sure if that start in life made him any harder than normal, but he took no prisoners and used to kick the crap out of anything that moved.

Funiest i remember (if this is the right term) was when i spent 2 months looking after a small bird i found with a broken wing. I taught it to fly in the back yard. I thought it was ready to survive the outside world again so took it outside and threw it in the air so it would fly off. What i didnt know was smokey was hiding behind me and as i threw it in the air he jumped up and ate the poor sod right in front of me. Talk about gutted.

I was 22 when he died after suffering major injuries fighting with the new cat on the block. Hard as nails that cat, he was great!
Old 08 October 2002, 12:40 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

I do not understand how anyone can deliberately hurt or injure animals, cutting off akittens ears - Sick, sick *****, are these the same people who 'graduate' on to hurting people.
Old 08 October 2002, 12:41 PM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

One of our cats is a bit simple - like a village idiot - dopey but strong. Little while back he was "playing" with a mouse in the garden - I called him over and he almost looked like he didn't know what to do - so to make sure the mouse didn't go anywhere, he scooped it up in his paw, bit it's head off, put the body down and wandered over to me munching on the head. Lovely.

Then there was the poor mole, coming up for a breath - if it had only had eyes it woulda been able to see the 4 cats sitting round it's hole waiting for it lol.
Old 08 October 2002, 01:58 PM
Jonathan Miles
Scooby Regular

Talking

We had 2 cats both strays both walk-ins in Crouch End in London before we moved down to Devon.

Possum - clarly nuts, thinks nothing of raiding bins, used to regularly brink home semi eaten chicken fillets (breaded) and escalopes now can only be arsed to catch thongs that can't run away!

Roger - sadly killed on a road a year after we moved to Devon but in the space of 18 hours of getting to Devon he had caught a rabbit, little bugger would never even have seen one before after that it was mice, voles, rats, rabbits a coupel of times a day. We saw him narrowly miss a crow - he got a mouthfull of feathers and makes a spirited attempt at a pheasant

Cockney Cats rule!!

Quick Reply: Why are cats so rank ?