Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Several days yet to identify!!!!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2002, 07:18 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

All I can say is what the **** have those nutters done to those poor girls!!!

The penalty's in this country are not strong enough. On the current evidence it would seem that those two people planned and conducted a plan to murder those two girls.........jail is not enough!!!
Old 18 August 2002, 07:19 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Angry

I don't even want to think about it
Old 19 August 2002, 07:12 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Angry

The fact that the police are also investigating a local petrol station indicates that whoever did this must have torched the bodies.

I notice that Ian Huntley & Maxine Carr have already been 'convicted' by the media. Okay, so it's pretty likely they did it - otherwise the police wouldn't have arrested them before the discovery of the bodies. But they still haven't been charged yet. I find it appalling that the media are already publishing interviews from people who knew them, calling them 'evil' and suchlike.

I wish the papers would refrain - the last thing anyone wants to see is the killers (whoever they may be) getting away with it because of the media predujicing the trial.
Old 19 August 2002, 08:57 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Mark - I think it was the car wash they were investigating wasn't it? Never really know though - I'm sure the press aren't told half of what's really going on...

Completely agree re: the other point of veiw. Can you imagine what it would be like if the real killer got away with it?! I'm sure the officers will keep their feet on the ground and catch the right people - hopefully everyone else will do the same thing
Old 19 August 2002, 09:14 AM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
Trial by media is not fair however it is now a way of life.
I was at the same school at the same time as her and she was not a trouble maker by virtue of the fact that I can't remember her at all. (Was head prefect so knew who the trouble makers were )
Old 19 August 2002, 09:17 AM
RiMo
Scooby Regular

Comment removed as my brain is now in gear.

[Edited by RiMo - 8/19/2002 9:35:54 AM]
Old 19 August 2002, 09:22 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Question

How can you confirm that - are you involved in the case? Got any more info?
Old 19 August 2002, 09:38 AM
Luke
BANNED

The Media are having a big Hand shandy over this...........

Edited due to innapropriate content.

[Edited by Diablo - 8/19/2002 10:09:28 AM]

[Edited by Luke - 8/19/2002 10:10:36 AM]
Old 19 August 2002, 09:51 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

I have a friend who works within a 'special' group in the met, they are the guys you see wearing white suits and spend most of there time on hands on knees crawling around for the smallest piece of evidence etc.

He's told me of a few high profile cases that he's worked on, and the media are basically fed what the police give them for a few reasons like protecting the family and friends, so as to try and not cause a media frenzy when someone is arrested etc.
Old 20 August 2002, 06:34 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

charged him.
Old 20 August 2002, 07:03 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

But potentially going to plead insanity!!!!!!!!!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

He was compus mentus (sp?) in that interview and if he gets put into some nice, safe mental hospital for a few years I'll be mad.

All of the above assumes he's guilty btw so don't flame me I respect he's innocent until proven guilty!
Old 21 August 2002, 02:48 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

ptholt,

If that is the case do you think you could put in a good word for me. Just got my degree in forensic science and chemistry and am looking for any experience/advice.

Saxo

I thought exactly the same as you, what the hell have they done to them in order for identification to take several days? However it could be a wide variety of things such as waiting for blood and DNA results of the victims to come back. This would most likely be done because it would mean the parents not having to make an on the spot ID of the victims thus preventing any further grief.

Also the bodies could have decomposed depending on the conditions etc they were found in thus rendering ID very difficult.

Or like marko said they might have torched the bodies, then they would have to go to the dental records which again would take time. I was not aware that they were investigating a petrol station so this is most likely the case.

I turned on the news earlier and now the caretaker is going for the insanity plea. Will they get a lighter sentence then if this is proven? I have no idea any more how the justice system works because it seems to be change from case to case.

If they are guilty of the crime then the evidence will overwhelminly prove it.

Scrappy

Old 21 August 2002, 07:43 AM
Jon Jonzz
Scooby Regular

I did not think there was a problem with ID, but the cause of death.

I suppose the two things could be linked.
Old 21 August 2002, 07:51 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I don't know that Ian Huntley is pleading insanity or diminished responsibility. Apparently they only called a psychiatrist in on Monday evening and he is currently deemed unfit to appear in court.

I wonder if he's had a mental breakdown while in custody?

I'm also worried that the media has already prejudiced the outcome of any trial. The defence team will almost certainly contend that it's going to be impossible to find 12 jury memebers that can be totally impartial.

And of course, they could, in fact, be innocent...
Old 21 August 2002, 08:14 AM
Jon Jonzz
Scooby Regular

Newspapers today have confirmed it is the condition of the bodies, apparently, which is the cause of the delay.

And I agree - we should try and avoid trial by media.
Old 21 August 2002, 08:55 AM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

It will be the media who ultimately pervert the course of justice. They shouldn't be allowed to form opion untill said person(s) have been found guilty by a jury.

Say for example, they didn't do it and were released, I can guarantee some brain dead do gooder will end up half killing one of them.

I can't comment on if I think they did it or not, I just think it's unfair, the media should report on the truth and not cause speculation just to sell papers.
Old 21 August 2002, 08:59 AM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think he's guilty, it was always the care-taker on ScoobyDoo!!
Old 21 August 2002, 09:15 AM
IanWatson
Scooby Regular

I heard on the news that he'd been 'sectioned' under the Mental Health Act - there seems to be an assumption that this is due to the dicovery of mental instabilty that caused him to commit these terrible crimes.

Perhaps he was actually 'sectioned' to protect himself - maybe he tried to top himself over the weekend?

Not that I'd rush to help...
Old 21 August 2002, 09:57 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Lol sheep

Fair point Ian W, that is a possibility. I wondered if it was done to protect him. i.e put him in a padded room in a safe hospital away from anyone.

The alternative would be putting him in jail till the trial where he'd likely get killed by another inmate.
Old 21 August 2002, 10:03 AM
sebastian
Scooby Regular

He wouldn't be detained in hospital to protect him from other prison inmates, the law doesn't allow that as that isue has nothing to do with mental disorder.

He is just as likely to be at risk from inmates in the Rampton high secure hospital as he would in prison. In prison he'd be segregated under rule 43 for vulnerable prisoners.

He might be detained in hospital if he is supected of being mentally disordered and a danger to himself and/or others, and/or on health grounds alone.

He may not be psychiatrically fit to be interviewed further or appear incourt or make a plea, so may need treatment before those processes can continue.
Old 21 August 2002, 10:08 AM
Ga22ar
Scooby Regular

Who ever it is once proven should be executed, this county is way too soft on murder.. Proven, planned murder should result in execution, full stop