Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Property in Spain / Canaries...

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2002, 09:51 PM
uncle buck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does anyone own, has ever owned, know anyone else that owns property in south of Spain or the Canaries?

Been thinking about buying a villa and I'm just wondering what experiences others may have had.

Cheers

UB
Old 12 August 2002, 10:01 PM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Uncle Buck...

My Mum and Dad just moved to Porto Buenues (spelling???) near Marbella. They bough a 4 bed Villa with Pool and 2,000 sq ft of land...

Looks well nice on video!!! Not been yet!

They are loving it... what do you want to know exactly??
Old 12 August 2002, 10:48 PM
uncle buck
Scooby Regular

Smile

That's a pretty darn posh location. I've been to Puerto Banus and it's pretty exclusive.

You need to get yer butt out there a.s.a.p.

4 beds and a pool? That's cool..

I guess what I need to know is how to get a great deal at the best possible price
Old 13 August 2002, 08:59 AM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

yeah it is nice and I have thought about it but at the moment I have spent loads on the scoob and feel it would be a waste....

Time will pull me there I'm sure.....

Deal - dont we all!!! I could ask them but don't speak to them that regualr as it is so expensive....

I will ask for you and see what they say!
Old 13 August 2002, 09:03 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Uncle Buck

My wife's parents moved out to their villa in October and love it. They are at Cabo Roig, near Torrevieja.

Decide which area you want to buy in and get a cheap flight out there. Its easier to go around the estate agents and developments yourself, avoiding the hard sell of a UK based agent.

There is masses of new building going on along the Costas, but prices are not as cheap as they used to be and have been rising at a rate similar to property in the UK.

Most places that are very close to beaches or golf clubs were developed years ago and command premium prices, but as you would normally have a car during your stay, its no problem if you were a mile or two away from.

Probably the most important factor is to buy within 30 minutes drive of an airport, so as its easy to commute back and forth. Most airports are serviced by the budget airlines, but flights are no where near as cheap as to northern european cities.
Old 13 August 2002, 09:11 AM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

I agree with Pete there.... go out there for a week yourself and look at all the properties... A lot of the Agents are English and are very willing to help!

Take a camcorder with you! Will help you decide! You should see a lot in a week!
Old 13 August 2002, 09:23 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

UB,

My girlfriend and me are just in the process of buying a property in Calahonda (5km's from Marbella) it's a fairly straightforward process but like anything do your homework first! If you want to make some extra money your best bet is to buy off plan, we last went out in April and could have sold the apartment for £10K more than we paid and it ain't even built!

When we bought it last year people were buying in the UK from exhibitions without visiting! Its crazy the market is booming out there.

Anything else you need to know just ask

Cheers

Gary
Old 13 August 2002, 12:50 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

my father has one in Roses on the border between France and Spain about 40 mins drive from Girona.
We looked at Puerto banus and stayed at a huge 5 star hotel called Los Monteros and it had loads going for it but we decided against because it was too busy(the main coast road was lethal and there were deaths all the time on i hope its improved as this was 10 years ago) and the crime rate was quite bad at the time

Alot of large solicitors now have experts on the conveyancing side so have a look round your local firms

[Edited by mattstant - 8/13/2002 12:51:41 PM]