Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What's The Secret of Downing Drinks ???

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2002, 04:07 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

...strange topic I know, but I've never been an expert on "downing" particular drinks. (Alcoholic of course )

Things like after shock for instance. Is it psychological ? Sometimes it goes straight down, other times my mates can end up wearing it If I think of something else whilst downing it it doesn't usually come back up, but not always.

So, is there any "downing" experts out there ? I could do with some advice as I'm off on a stag do shortly and don't want things to get "messy" !

Ta

Matt
Old 09 August 2002, 04:13 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

get the lot in yer gob and swallow - job done
Old 09 August 2002, 04:13 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Cool

The secret of surviving a good 'drink downing' session is to be well practiced thus building your tolerence levels.

May I suggest you spend every night between now and then getting mangled until you hurl. You be better by the time you have to go
Old 09 August 2002, 04:16 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

May I suggest you spend every night between now and then getting mangled until you hurl
Disco, just what have you been doing since you were made redundant ?
Old 09 August 2002, 04:19 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

Incidently, I bought one of these a little while back Great fun

Old 09 August 2002, 04:20 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Disco, just what have you been doing since you were made redundant ?
Practising for any potential stag-dos of course
Old 09 August 2002, 04:21 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

LOL It pays to be prepared
Old 09 August 2002, 04:27 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Cool

Exactly.

Incidently on the subject of Aftershocks and me drinking since redundancy, i do just remember a night out that involved mixing the various flavours of AS together just to see what they looked and tasted like. Disgusting was generally the answer but we batted on anyway!
Old 09 August 2002, 04:39 PM
dogmaul
Scooby Regular

my record is 19 aftershocks in a row needles to say i was fine just after but 30 minutes later i was flat out on the floor in the pub with an ambulance been called, and that was with the restriction of you only been allowed to buy 2 at a time and 6 max per night( it didn't work) they refused to sell me a bottle of it unless i guaranteed them i wouldnt drink it in the pub i cant even smell th estuff now without needing to be sick
Old 09 August 2002, 04:50 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

DJ DUNK

you dont need one of them, all you need to do is get a bendy straw stick it in to the bottel and bend the top section over. place lips around the top of bottel and bendy straw.
This will allow the drink to flow down and the air in to the bottel.

Ray
Old 09 August 2002, 04:53 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ray_li that works

Can do pints quite quick, but selected bottles very quick...

Even quicker if Im not paying!

David
Old 09 August 2002, 05:48 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

absynth and skunk make for quite a powerful combo - never again.

aftershock - forget it - it tastes too much like benelyn cough medcine.
Old 09 August 2002, 06:05 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

OK, plenty of stories, but any one know how I could actually DOWN an after shock !!!

Old 09 August 2002, 06:21 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

Get bladdered on beer first,then tip your head back open your mouth and fire it down in one go. Best keep a clear route to the loo just incase the worst happens!
Old 09 August 2002, 06:31 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

Ray_li - A mate told me about the straw trick. Thats why I bought the bottle bong

Warning: Do not attempt to use with Moet
Old 09 August 2002, 06:36 PM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

We do flaming drambuies (or whatever you fancy) when it gets to the silly stage.

Swill the booze around in your mouth a bit to warm it up, then tilt your head back, open your mouth as wide as possible and set fire to the booze with a lighter. Close mouth and swallow.
Works best with the lights off.
Nice blue flame Enjoy!
Old 10 August 2002, 01:18 AM
STI MAN
Scooby Regular

get the lot in yer gob and swallow - job done
I hope you were talking about Alcohol there, scoobyjawa
Old 10 August 2002, 03:05 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Last edited by scrappydoo; 02 May 2008 at 04:41 AM. Reason: privacy!
Old 10 August 2002, 02:40 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Lol we always end up doing flaming shots midway through a heavy night. Sambuca burns well but we've done loads of others ranging from Cointreau, drambuie and even Aftershock.

Dunno about AS - its one of those drinks you can either handle or not. We generally tend to grasp those little coloured shot glasses they serve it in with our lips then tilt so it pours into your mouth (i.e. no hands). Hold it in your mouth for 10 secs then swallow.

I would suggest that youve had a few beers first to make it easier.

The worst is absynthe. Ive only ever done 3 shots in a row and i felt fine that night but damn the next day was killer. The worst thing is the way you get all these scantily clad babes selling you AS and Absynthe when you go abroad e.g. Tenerife. There is no way you can refuse to buy a drink when they are served like that.

P.S. I swear Ive seen black and green AS before but you dont see it anymore - was I just imagining it or has anyone else seen them?

Simon.
Old 10 August 2002, 04:30 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

terzo,

just a thought try mixing red aftershock with blue, cant guarantee you'll feel any better next morning but it does taste a lot better!!! :0

gary
Old 10 August 2002, 04:55 PM
Langy
Scooby Regular

If you notice about aftershock the worst thing about it is the 'aftershock' of drinking it, ie the horrible taste/feeling just after you finish drinking it. Therefore in my experience it is easiest to get the biggest glass of it you can, drink it all at once and only have to suffer this said affect once. Trust me, it does work! For added ease chase it with a drink of something less sickening like beer (if bottled, half full otherwise it's too fizzy and will make you feel sick) and it should ease the pain. Easing the pain of hitting your head when you hit the ground after doing this unfortunately it will NOT help you with
Old 10 August 2002, 05:08 PM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

Wink

Best way to get through a stag night is to have a shot of olive oil about half an hour before you go out (sounds easier than it actually is!), I know it sounds disgusting but it lines your stomach with oil so the first half of the nights drinks only get half absorbed
Now you can keep up with your drink hardened mates and call everyone that throws up a shandy drinker

works for me every time

Old 10 August 2002, 06:58 PM
TurboKitty
Scooby Regular

Smile

Green AfterShock certainly exists, although I've not seen a black one.
Old 11 August 2002, 11:21 AM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

My best technique for downing stuff is to get drunk before hand - once I am drunk I can down anything but my favourite is the iron brew vodka drink - I've downed 5 in a row before, with the straws as mentioned above. We call 'em "stawpeedoes"
What I've noticed is that when I go out and I'm sober I can't for the life of me down stuff, yet other people can only down stuff early on on a night out. But I don't get going untill about 1am and by then most my mates are saying "I've had enough", I'm like "I'm ready to start some serious drinking now!". Problem is I end up being more drunk/spending more/feeling worse next day and I am at my most drunk about half an hour after getting home
Or maybe I'm just a pisshead !
At the end of the day if you can't down a drink I don't think there's much you can do about it!

J
PS Absynth - dont even go there
Old 11 August 2002, 11:42 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ive got abottle of absynth every time i drink any i wake up with less friends than the night before!!

Why is it i come home EVERY night with NO money, not even a penny!

David
Old 11 August 2002, 12:42 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

I always try to spend all of my money on drinks, then any I've got left I think I must use to get some chips or something or give it to a tramp/passer-by, as I always seem to spend every last penny somehow!
If I haven't got enough for the last round I tend to give the person buying everything I've got which is another effective way of spending all your money, trust me - I am an expert at this

The Absinthe I got from Andorra was 68%, but real Absinthe (containing wormwood(?)) is banned in most of Europe I think. It's great stuff if you can handle it but it's pretty dangerous and I wouldn't recommend drinking a lot of it
J
Old 11 August 2002, 01:56 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Ye olde days with proper absinthe? You ever seen the film From Hell (about Jack the Ripper) with Johnny Depp in it where he pours a large glass of absinthe, holds a spoon of sugar over the glass, puts a drop of rat poison (IIRC) on the sugar and some more absinthe, lights the sugar and then stirs it into the main glass. Then down in one - OUCH!
Old 12 August 2002, 09:46 AM
dogmaul
Scooby Regular

P1Fanatic - thats how you are supposed to drink absinthe (absinth in czech) ok not with Laudinum as thats another opiate but with a slotted spoon and sugar soaked in absinthe then burn the sugar and mix into the rest and add i shot of water. La Fee isnt really better than Hills it depends on how you like it as they are made in different ways and use different ingrediants so it all dpends on what one you like the taste of more. both are around 70% La Fee is a very new brand tho but is supposed to be very close to th eoriginal way of making french absinthe. either way have fun
Old 12 August 2002, 10:01 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

"Black" after shock as far as i can remember from drinking it comes from asking the person behind the bar in a very pissed manner to put a shot of red aftershock in with green aftershock.

Dont blame me if you fall over though cause i did after 5 and i will never drink the fing stuff again.

My favourite down for the end of the night, or when i am on a mission with brother in law and his mates(the sort that start at one end of bar and try everything to the other end of bar) is to put either a double or quadruple vodka in a pint glass, half a can of red bull and fill with guinness.

Now try downing that after 8 pints of guinness. I have never got past 3.

Silly i know, but i am a bit like jamie above, if on form i am just starting to get going when everyone is finishing.
Old 12 August 2002, 10:09 AM
dogmaul
Scooby Regular

p20spd where in york has green aftershock in ??

Quick Reply: What's The Secret of Downing Drinks ???