Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Origin Blue i Gatso detector

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2002, 04:49 PM
beefola
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone had experience of one? Anyone got one/heard of it?
http://www.originbluei.com
Looks like a decent system to me, proper GPS, and only £400 to buy, then £50 per annum for the updates.
Beef
Old 08 August 2002, 04:52 PM
Raks
Scooby Regular

why wud u want one that can only detect fixed cameras??? i thought it wud be better to find one that can detect mobile too?
Old 08 August 2002, 04:58 PM
Chris.Palmer
Scooby Regular

Detectors only good for GATSO - KBand

Useless for Laser - Need a Jammer
Completely useless for SPECS - Digital Video
Completely useless for TruVelo - Piezo induction loops.

All new cameras going up my area are SPECS & TruVelo - No Gatsos
Plus lots of those pesky Mobile units.

Buy GPS First
Then buy laser Jammer
Then buy detector

IMHO
Old 08 August 2002, 05:04 PM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

Don't buy one until you have checked out Road Angel, IMO it is a much neater solution.

Si.
Old 08 August 2002, 05:06 PM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

I bought a Geodsey Morpheous at the weekend which warns of fixed cameras using GPS. Seems to work quite well, although does seem to take time to pick up the satelite in the mornings.

Personally I prefer this as the forward facing cameras don't give enough time to break. Relying on my eyesight to avoid radar at present but might get the add-on for the Geodesy in the near future.

The Geosdesy is around £360 plus £30 for the updates.

Chris
Old 08 August 2002, 06:30 PM
LoFi
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know the difference between Geodesy, origin blue i and road angel? Any preferences from anyone who's tried more than one? Some difference in price (origin seems most expesive to buy and for updates) with the geodesy cheapest.

Piers LoFi

[Edited by LoFi - 8/8/2002 6:34:18 PM]
Old 08 August 2002, 06:57 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
Agree with Chris P - GPS fixed-camera spotter, and laser jammer are the way to go. Radar is being phased out by police in favour of lasers for mobile work.

I had an Origin Blue-i for a few days. Clever kit and it worked fine, but gave more information than necessary (I already know which road I'm driving on, thanks!) and is a clumsy lump of a box, with a badly designed mounting bracket and miles of lead which you've got to hide somewhere. Hard to remove from thieving eyes at every stop.

Swapped for Road Angel - much smaller and neater, itegral aerial. Just plonk it on the dash, plug into ***-lighter and away you go. No need to even read the instructions! It also warns of black-spots like nasty junctions, proximity of schools etc, which is where you might also find a mobile police trap. Also the speed readout is dead accurate, and it has a power-output socket which, by sheer coincidence links up to your laser jammer which then triggers the Road Angel's alert. There's another thread on here somewhere about laser jammers, and one of the contributors, BURR, is an enlightened bobby.

Check out on Road Angel at www.blackspot.com who will also do you a great deal on the best Snooper jammer on the market, too. No association etc etc other than a happy punter.

I've not tried Geodisey.

Cheers,

Richard.
Old 08 August 2002, 07:01 PM
LoFi
Scooby Regular

thanks hoppy - just seems to prove the most expensive is not always the best

Piers LoFi
Old 08 August 2002, 08:10 PM
Cord
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I have had an Origin for about 2 months and am really impressed with it. A friend has a Morpheus and I wouldn't say there is much between the 2. The Morpheus is smaller and easy to mount as you don't have to mess about with aerials, but changing the settings on it is a ROYAL paion in the ***. The origin is a big bulky affairs which can be an **** to mount (mine is infront of the ashtray MY99) but it is so simple to use and update that I think it is probably the better of the 2. But i have never seen a road angel in use.
Old 09 August 2002, 01:33 AM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Beef,

I have an Origin and its very good. Some people say its large & bulky, aerial is too long, etc. I don't see these things as a problem.

The construction quality of a Bluei is much better than the Angel (yes I have seen and handled both close up). Its not true that the Bluei is bigger than the Angel, its just that the shapes are different.

Bluei will tell you what speed detection system you are about to encounter, eg Gatso, Truvelo, Specs, etc, which is invaluable for modifying your driving behaviour accordingly. When Bluei says Specs I know I need to watch my speed over a greater distance than is the norm when one hits eg Truvelo.

Angel uses generic statements to do the same which i don't find as helpful. IIRC Spec for Road Angel = AVERAGE.

Bluei does give you more info on screen, eg actual speed at which you are travelling versus the speed limit of the road on which the speed detection device is on. Not everyone wants this level of info, in which case go for a Geodesey (sic?) instead (have used that also).

I have to say I find the info on Bluei invaluable. Have just discovered that my speedo is about 3mph out since changing my wheels. Bluei tells me exactly when I'm over the top, enbling me to protect my licence.

Remember in a 30mph zone 3mph over is 3 points and a £60 fine(yes I will sort the speedo eventually).

Its your choice and call on which unit you want to go with, mate.

Hope this helps.

WB
Old 09 August 2002, 08:27 AM
adair69
Scooby Regular

Just a couple of things....

For mobile, laser and gatso etc, get yourself a snooper for about £300 or less. They have the best reviews, either the 8 series or the S5. As for the iblue, I'd suggest you wait for about 2 mths because there will be a revolutionary new system out soon. E mail me for details if you want, its a great gadget too....
Old 09 August 2002, 09:05 AM
Raks
Scooby Regular

Dont want to sound stuid or anything, but what does the laser jammer do?? How much is all the kit combined?
Old 09 August 2002, 11:46 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

There was a group buy on the Origin Blue recently £319.95 delivered, (£399 rrp) May still be going? Contact Networx Automotive on 01555 666 444 or enquiries@networxautomotive.com
JohnD