Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The saga of my dented bonnet

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2002, 04:41 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

On the night of 12th Feb 2002 some little git decided to slam dunk a large rock on my bonnet. As anyone who has seen the car can tell, it aint a pretty sight (with or without the dent in the bonnet )

For all who don't know about this, have a look at some pics here

It's now August and the bonnet is still not repaired, and I'm getting a little narked off.

The rock was taken from a pile of rubble which was left after road repairs, they (the Council) had other complaints about the rubble, eg; it had not been properly cordoned off and a few people had tried to park over it, so they were aware of it. I know a little of the streetworks act to know that it is the repairers responsibility to clear away waste in a timeley fashion and nnot leave it lying about, hence my attempt to claim for compensation, as the rubble had been there for at least 2 weeks after repairs were complete.

I wrote to Kent County Council, who sent me a claim form, I sent it off, along with 2 estimates for damage repair (approx £900 quid) and print outs of the pics you see on my website.

After a month or so, the Council said that it was not thier fault, but that of their contractors, Ringway Highway Services, so they said they had passed the claim onto them to deal with. fine, progress, or so I thought.

After another month or more of hearing nothing I contacted RHS who said they were looking into it, after another month they got back to me and said "sorry mate. was not us" hmm, not happy, They (RHS) said that they think it was the waterboard's waste. hmmm, So I wrote a very snotty letter to the council, explaining that i am NOT happy about this, and I want satisfaction, or at least to know who the **** was actaully carrying out works in my area around the time when this happened.
The council replied back basically saying that RHS have said it's not them, and I should talk to the waterboard.

So I have now emailed South East Water, explaining the situation, and asking if they can prove/disprove if they were working in the area at the time.

So, a few questions. What can I do? is the council responsible for the waterboard working on roads/paths? Do I actually have a leg to stand on to make a claim?

Any solicitors/lawyers out there willing to advise me what I can do about this? Can the CAB help me?

Basically I'm totally fecked off with the whole situation. I *can* go and sort the bonnet, it's just that, well, if I can get a payout from someone it'd be great. I knew when I started this that it would take ages and the mike would be taken, but I did have some faith in the system.

So, comments please.
Old 07 August 2002, 04:59 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Red face

decided to slam dunk
It wasn't me
Old 07 August 2002, 05:05 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular