Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

just a bit of a follow-on from the guildford criuse thread..........

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2002, 06:22 PM
Adam_K
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i ain't read the whole thread so i dunno if this has been mentioned, but under the data protection act, if they have u on film then they legally have to let u have a copy of the tape if u request one.

it will probably cost u about £10 to cover costs, but the amount of hassle this would cause them, (as they have to edit everyone else out of the film except yourself) would be huge. imagine if a few hundred people requested a copy of the tape, they would be spending all day and all night having to edit the videos.

so how about it?? if next time everyone makes an effort, to walk past or drive past a police video camera, and then if we find out the name and address u have to write to, everyone can cause them muchos problems
Old 05 August 2002, 06:38 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Wink

hehehe, why don't we all ask to see our evidence

that'll fox em
Old 05 August 2002, 06:46 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I don't agree with what they have done at all, but I also don't see what taking funding and making someone traul through tapes for hours is going to help matters.. they'll just have to catch a few extra on the speed camera to fund it and before you know oh look another speed camera so they can afford to pay someone to process the requests for evidence they have on people.

Surely the only way to stop this would be to go along the local MP route.. The fact that not everyone is driving an illegal car and out for a race every night needs putting across to the MP and Police as due the the minority this is the image that has been portrayed. Might be better to write to local MP's and lend a friendly word to anyone driving like a cupid stunt!

I know it is boring but I cannot see anything else working...

Could try not parking in a carpark but on the side of the road somewhere with suitably large banner saying why you are not all in a carpark out of the way, but I am sure that will just make matters worse.

JGM

Sorry if I getting to sensible.. must be getting old
Old 05 August 2002, 06:49 PM
Adam_K
Scooby Regular

we park in petrol stations though.

don't even know why i'm complaining, i ride a motorbike and they don't bother me ever, it just pisses me off to see friends of mine being picked on.

after all, i'm a different person when i'm on the bike to when i'm in the car