Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

London ULEZ extension.

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2022, 02:37 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Question London ULEZ extension.

Hmmm that means Heathrow Airport is now in the ULEZ zone so will planes now need to pay the charge aswell? Not to mention all the airport trucks, shunters and emergency service vehicles.

https://news.sky.com/story/ultra-low...ivers-12755127
Old 25 November 2022, 04:22 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

At BHX, Swissport (IIRC) had a MK2 Ford Transit plodding around. It was absolutely mint, so guess it spends most of its life in a hanger.

Been a few years since I've seen it (Covid etc.).Transit fans would have a blue fit if they scrapped it.

Anyhoo, seeing the most gridlocked sections of the M25 are J14 (LHR) and J10...I suspect most of non aircraft pollution in that area is from the crawling stop-go traffic that occurs every morning, afternoon and lasts all day Friday that'll easily add an hour to my journey (or more if some dipsh*t causes a crash).

Oh for an M25bypass for anyone travelling north/west.

Old 25 November 2022, 04:35 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Afterthought...is this extra ULEZ done in harmony of EU legislation that's causing the same to happen in cities across Europe? Didn't think the UK needed to do this anymore with being out of the EU etc.

But before we moan, Spain has has passed a law saying all cities above 50000 people have to get their LEZ in place by 2023, yet many still haven't even published a map of the proposed areas, and those that have use a blurry low resolution map that's hard to make our street names. And what's proposed for places like Valencia, christ, that's confusing as hell, it's bad enough driving round there as a non-local as it is with its eight lane roundabouts with no lane markings and barely any signs etc.

Last edited by ALi-B; 25 November 2022 at 04:36 PM.
Old 28 November 2022, 09:10 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Afterthought...is this extra ULEZ done in harmony of EU legislation that's causing the same to happen in cities across Europe? Didn't think the UK needed to do this anymore with being out of the EU etc.

But before we moan, Spain has has passed a law saying all cities above 50000 people have to get their LEZ in place by 2023, yet many still haven't even published a map of the proposed areas, and those that have use a blurry low resolution map that's hard to make our street names. And what's proposed for places like Valencia, christ, that's confusing as hell, it's bad enough driving round there as a non-local as it is with its eight lane roundabouts with no lane markings and barely any signs etc.
I love the big roundabouts in Valencia! Complete chaos to the uninitiated but they actually flow really well when you know where you're going!
Old 28 November 2022, 12:41 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by BMWhere?
I love the big roundabouts in Valencia! Complete chaos to the uninitiated but they actually flow really well when you know where you're going!

If in doubt go down the middle! Indicate before next exit and prey. Or follow a HGV which is like Jesus parting the seas.

Once I did it in a large RHD car with mopeds weaving all around my blind spots...one kept hovering round to my left hand side so I had to keep checking where he was..until he looked through what he thought was the driver's window, did a double take and saw no driver....he kept out of my way after that!

Currently driving a 3hr round trip in an out once a week to see Dr Pedro Cavadas (long story). God knows what happens when they bring in the ZBE next year, hopefully I won't need to go as I'm currently using a B rated car which will be banned. Won't miss parking round there though.

Loads of non-compliant cars still around there, so wondering if there is going to be a mass public outcry or everyone is ignoring it until it actually happens...it is seen as a elitist regime by some to get the poor out of cars.

Last edited by ALi-B; 28 November 2022 at 12:45 PM.