Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cummings Testimony

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2021, 12:46 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Cummings Testimony

Well, Cummings is certainly showing the true idiocy of the Government in his evidence...imagine being led by a PM who thinks it is a good idea to get injected with COVID-19 on live TV.

Last edited by mrtheedge2u2; 26 May 2021 at 12:47 PM.
Old 26 May 2021, 01:32 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Just watching it now, he's really not holding back! Can't wait for his appearance at a Brexit enquiry

I've always thought he was a slimy Gollum, even his closest friends can't trust him!
Old 26 May 2021, 01:38 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BMWhere?
Just watching it now, he's really not holding back! Can't wait for his appearance at a Brexit enquiry

I've always thought he was a slimy Gollum, even his closest friends can't trust him!
There is no honour amongst thieves. Every one of that cabinet will roll on each other as soon as they either leave or get thrown out. The thing is, is that they all know this but simply do not care.

He also made another very good point when he stated that you know a process is really f-ed up when it leaves with the choice between Boris and Corbyn to lead you through a disaster event like COVID

Last edited by mrtheedge2u2; 26 May 2021 at 01:40 PM.
Old 26 May 2021, 01:56 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Ironic that a man so hated by the lefty liberal members of our media/society and we're so dismissive of him when he was under BoJo's employ are now lapping up his testimonies with such glee.
The following 4 users liked this post by ALi-B:
Old 26 May 2021, 02:05 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Ironic that a man so hated by the lefty liberal members of our media/society and we're so dismissive of him when he was under BoJo's employ are now lapping up his testimonies with such glee.
I do not like the man at all. He is also partly to blame. But I am enjoying seeing someone on the inside spill it all. Whether it had been BoJo, Patel, Hancock or whomever spilling all, I would still be enjoying watching it.
Old 26 May 2021, 02:14 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Have a read of the commentary on your media outlet of choice on this(or twitter).

I'm amazed some commentators don't drown in their own bile

Yet election after election the results show no actual waning of Tory power: Maybe they think this will change that. I doubt it; First you need a strong opposition that can successfully garner support from the electorate rather than diminish it.
The following users liked this post:
Old 26 May 2021, 02:56 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Matt Hancock isn't coming out of this very well - I shall he surprised if the stays in his job..
Old 26 May 2021, 02:57 PM
Mr Fuji
Scooby Regular

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Surely this man has no integrity at all, and anything he says, no matter how much we want to believe it, cannot be trusted. He obviously didn't care about the incompetence and corruption when it suited him to exert influence and benefit from it, or, it's simply sour grapes after being ditched. I have no doubt that at least some of what he says is true, but also probably highly embellished or simply made up in certain instances to try and make himself look good.

Even if it's all 100% true, this hideous man should not get any credit for simply turning on his old masters out of spite.
Old 26 May 2021, 03:13 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Have a read of the commentary on your media outlet of choice on this(or twitter).

I'm amazed some commentators don't drown in their own bile

Yet election after election the results show no actual waning of Tory power: Maybe they think this will change that. I doubt it; First you need a strong opposition that can successfully garner support from the electorate rather than diminish it.
I haven't read any media, I'm watching the parliamentary select committee session live.

I wouldn't take his words as truth, but he will be handing over text messages, emails and his own notes, so there is a good chance a lot of what he says can be corroborated
Old 26 May 2021, 09:24 PM
RetroPug
Scooby Regular

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
I do not like the man at all. He is also partly to blame. But I am enjoying seeing someone on the inside spill it all. Whether it had been BoJo, Patel, Hancock or whomever spilling all, I would still be enjoying watching it.
They laugh at us by barely even bothering to hide their incompetence, cronyism and corruption as they enrich themselves at our expense literally day in, day out.

Enjoy it all you want, unless it leads to big changes (protip: it won't) the ones you enjoy watching are not the ones being taken advantage of....
Old 27 May 2021, 09:00 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RetroPug
Enjoy it all you want, unless it leads to big changes (protip: it won't) the ones you enjoy watching are not the ones being taken advantage of....
Them leading the country gives me no pleasure at all. I honestly think a lot of them are worthy of prison time, the way they conduct their affairs of office. However, I am enjoying watching all their lies and sheer ineptitude being told to the world by someone who was actually heavily involved with it.
Old 27 May 2021, 09:18 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Politicians telling lies? Quelle surprise!

A rarity being caught, more chance of resurrecting a dodo than any being held accountable on a legal/criminal basis; Cast your mind back to previous leaderships; Cameron/Clegg, Blair, Thatcher, Wilson etc.

To be frank, anyone with a PPE degree could be seen as certified and trained in lying and incompetence. Something Cummings previously pointed out long before this lot kicked off.

Last edited by ALi-B; 27 May 2021 at 09:27 AM.
Old 27 May 2021, 04:30 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm not so sure - I'm taking a lot of it with a pinch of salt...
Its not like he's got an axe to grind is it!!
He's just revelling in the attention and attempting to make as much **** stick as possible to get back at BoJo (and others probably)
The following users liked this post:
Old 28 May 2021, 10:55 AM
RetroPug
Scooby Regular

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
Them leading the country gives me no pleasure at all. I honestly think a lot of them are worthy of prison time, the way they conduct their affairs of office. However, I am enjoying watching all their lies and sheer ineptitude being told to the world by someone who was actually heavily involved with it.
I know what you mean. I used to get laughs out of it but really it all just makes me feel a bit sad.

The many examples of their incompetence wouldn't be tolerated at the workplaces of all the poor people who have to work zero hours jobs for minimum wage around this country. I believe that a significant proportion of the leadership of this country probably couldn't hack a lot of the jobs people on this forum have.