Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Laser Jammer Group Buy - FINAL DETAILS !!!

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2002, 02:35 PM
Makalu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Blinder M10 Twin - Laser Jammer Group Buy Details.

Hello again all, here at last are the ordering details for the Blinder Laser Jammer Group Buy.

The company who are fulfilling orders on behalf of the manufacturer (and Distributor.... its a long story!) will be RADAR DETECTORS UK LTD.

www.radar-detectors-uk.com

Our contact there is Stuart Cookson-Smith who will be happy to relieve you of your credit card details to the tune of £199.00.

This price will get you a Blinder M10 Twin Laser Jammer with fitting instructions (in English) and is INCLUSIVE of VAT AND Postage and Packaging. Unfortunately, because price is so good, this offer is only open to UK residents. For other details drop Stuart a line - email address below somewhere...

OK, How To Order...

To order the unit all you need to do is this;

Send an email to blinder@edequip.co.uk with the word 'blinder' in the subject line. In this email you need to include your name, address, postcode, home phone number and mobile (or daytime) phone number. Stuart will then contact you on the daytime phone number you give him to collect your credit card details. This should take no longer than 24 hours so please do not chase him until after that amount of time has passed.

The unit is likely to arrive in a plain white box with some kind of identification on it to say that it is either a Blinder Unit inside or that it has come from Radar Detectors Uk Ltd. (If it isnt and you hear ticking inside, call the bomb squad!) Please allow a couple of weeks for delivery as these units are special order items for us ScoobyNetters only and are being sent direct from the manufacturer in Denmark. The box will contain fitting instructions (in English).

The rest is up to you.

My Disclaimer...
Like many of you, I am a little unsure as to the legal position relating to the use of these units so be aware that you all purchase and use them at your own risk. I accept no liability for any trouble, legal or otherwise, that you may experience caused by the use of these units.

Personally, I have already placed my order! At this price, you cannot complain!!!

Best of luck all, hope everything goes well. Please let the rest of the BBS know how you get on with them.

Mak.

Drive Safely All.

Edited to remove Road Angel Links ... More news later!

[Edited by Makalu - 6/19/2002 1:28:10 PM]
Old 19 June 2002, 11:16 AM
Makalu
Scooby Regular

BTTT
Old 19 June 2002, 01:19 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Question

Whats the deadline?

F
Old 19 June 2002, 01:32 PM
Makalu
Scooby Regular

No Deadline, no limit on number of units - just go get 'em while the reseller is happy to oblige... Be aware that they aint making much on these units so assume first come, first served!

Mak.
Old 19 June 2002, 01:51 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Where would you fit the diode heads on the Impreza? I understand that locating them properly makes a difference to how well the thing works? Do they work behind the plastic grill or would you need to mount them at the top of the opening with the number plate?
Old 19 June 2002, 02:36 PM
Steve 555
Scooby Regular

Talking

Cheers Mac.

I'm in, details emailed just now

Thanks again

Steve
Old 19 June 2002, 06:10 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Talking

Just e-mailed them

Rich.
Old 20 June 2002, 02:06 PM
Makalu
Scooby Regular

bttt
Old 27 June 2002, 12:25 AM
AlanS
Scooby Regular

has anyone received theirs yet? Is it easy to fit?
Old 27 June 2002, 08:31 AM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Angry

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

There's me faffing around waiting for others to buy and try this out when guess what? Yes, that's right, I think I got caught this morning by a safety van.

Luckily (if you can call it that) I was in my misses's car, a 1.2 Bravo. I was overtaking a lorry that was doing 50mph and I spotted the van on the other side of it, looked at the speedo and it said 67ish? I may have topped out at 72, the speed limit was 60mph.

If I was in the scoob this morning I could definitely of been going VERY fast here.......

Anyway with speedo error I hope and pray that I won't be getting a NIP, but I will be getting a Blinder.

One thing though, the van would have been set up at a certain angle and catch cars at a certain distance. Presumably the operator isn't moving the gun around like a machine gunner in his nest, but has it fixed? I only overtook the lorry about 500 meters from the van so my speed would have only been seen at 150-200 meters away from it and at an acute angle. Well I'll just have to wait and see.

And before anyone says anything, I didn't see the van until I was on top of it and I was concentrating on the road (and the other vehicles) ahead. It was also clear and IMHO safe, there were no houses either.

F
Old 27 June 2002, 10:34 PM
AlanS
Scooby Regular

I've had a look at the motor and according to the instructions the two heads need to be 60cm apart. Now assuming that they must go in the grill (they need to protrude and can in this position), the best place on my MY96 is as marked above. However, you will need to take the grill off (screwdriver to press down on the clips on each side, takes two seconds) and fit from behind.

Three problems:

1. They won't fit into the hole without a modification (hacksawing the plastic grill slightly)

2. They still will only be 45 cm apart

3. Securing them is probably going to be with zip ties through drilled holes in the grill.

I can't see that they will go anywhere else without mods to the grill.

I think the vents to the sides of the fogs are a no no.

Anyone fitted one yet?
Old 28 June 2002, 07:15 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Question

What about either side of the number plate in a vertical position?

F
Old 28 June 2002, 07:22 PM
AlanS
Scooby Regular

Definate no no. They need to be in the grill and secured from the back so they aren't nicked. Positioning vertically means they will be obstructed by the grill.

Nice thought
Old 28 June 2002, 07:26 PM
Steve 555
Scooby Regular

Cool

Mine turned up yeaterday I'm having it fitted next Monday. The ideal place on my MY02 STi7 Prodrive seems to be either side of the number plate in the vent recess. That should place them between 50 and 60 CM apart so should be OK.

How will you know if they are working? It's not like you can test them prior to a live situation.

Steve
Old 28 June 2002, 08:12 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Presume this wouldn't work on the MY99/00 with the hexagonal mesh type grille - would be even harder to fit on these models

Old 29 June 2002, 08:41 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Anyone can test the devices at any time. Just log on to the Northampton Police web site and they give details of where and when the safety vans will be. Just pop along and cruise past...

F
Old 29 June 2002, 09:17 PM
ak47mh
Scooby Regular

Smile

I am due to have mine fitted next Friday to my 99 turbo.

Just spotted this where it has been fitted to an STI. There are also more pics on Porsche installs and other cars.

www.radar-detectors-uk.com/installations/Subaru_Impreza_WRX_STi/images/Snooper_SLD_920_400.jpg
Old 30 June 2002, 09:04 AM
shunty
Scooby Regular

Alan S - I have my single unit LE850 (I take it the new one is a twin then? )fitted underneath the numberplate....why do you think this is not ideal ??
where you are thinking of placing them is very visible for theft.
remember, when/ if you do get targeted by a laser gun, it will be from at least half a mile away, therefore the angle is a lot less than you think when you stand in fron tof the car looking at it on your driveway.

shunty

Old 30 June 2002, 12:32 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

Here are mine..... fitted them, yesterday. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to test them later this week.

Old 30 June 2002, 11:49 PM
AlanS
Scooby Regular

I fitted mine today and I'll post pics asap as it was getting dark by the time I finished.

Fitted the two modules in the position I mentioned in the previous post, as I believe the manufacters are correct in advising positioning above the plate for better spread.

I replaced the standard on/off switch for an illuminated one (halfords £1.50 in green or red).

I also like to play my music LOUD and the supplied speaker is crap so I've zip tied it to the fixed drivers seat-belt post pointing vertically. I'm going to replace it for a louder one when I find one suitable.
Old 01 July 2002, 12:01 AM
AlanS
Scooby Regular

Shunty

I agree with your concern for security and believe me this was my first thought when deciding to place them in the grill (prev pic posting above). Mine are fitted behind the grill which had to be removed to fit them. They won't come out from the front. So the bonnet needs to be lifted if a theif wants them.

I think BluRR pics above indicate that his would be simple to nick. How are they fixed BluRR?
Old 01 July 2002, 07:45 AM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Talking

LOL @ BluRR ...hehe

Rich
Old 01 July 2002, 08:41 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

tbh - aren't most things fitted to the exterior of the car simple to nick? Hopefully, depending on how you park, not many people will be aware of these things, or if they do see them what they actually do. I reckon if you park nose-in to things, which I usually do, then modst people won't even be aware of them.

I contemplated *******ising the front grill, but thought otherwise when Subaru informed me that a replacement item was over £100+vat.

I'd rather someone remove the bits without damaging the car, than taking the front grill with it. Let's face it - if someone wants to take something these days, they go to extraordinary lengths to do so.
Old 01 July 2002, 09:04 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

...and I know its the wrong attitude to take, but hey......
Old 11 July 2002, 04:08 PM
King RA
BANNED

Just to add I have just spoken to Stuart Cookson-Smith and he will still do the orionbluei and blinder for £580 inc. carriage, I'm serioulsy considering this deal.
Old 11 July 2002, 06:36 PM
steve McCulloch
Scooby Regular

I agree that the speaker is rubbish

I've wired in a series of LED's running up the drivers side pillar...

How did you fix the things to the car - did you glue them?

Mine were originally in the Scoop ! as I'd replaced the Intercooler but they were'nt wide enough apart and kept going off - the only way I can see for people for front mounts where everything at the front has been hacked off is to glue the tops of them to the bumper and hope they stay on!
Old 11 July 2002, 10:35 PM
AlanS
Scooby Regular

obviously not everyone has the same front end design but this is my MY96

With a bit of time, planning and patience I think I got a secure install done and it probably took 3 hours including the painting. These devices cannot be pulled out from the front and require the bonnet to be lifted to remove the grill.

The switch is fitted into a plastic blank which I guess not everyone has but definately go for an illuminated switch as you need to be able to FIND and DISABLE the blinder at night if it is activated by a trap.

Hope this helps anyone...
Old 12 July 2002, 12:31 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

If anyone wants to meet me in Wakefield on Saturday morning, I may be able to get them tested for you
Old 12 July 2002, 08:21 AM
shunty
Scooby Regular

Wink

yeah, let me guess, on the corner of the dual-carriageway that is 200 yards from the tip as you exit wakefield towards pugneys...already had mine tested there a few times

that's a money earner if ever I have seen one, don't take it personal though Burr, I know you do get a bit of stick on here from time-2-time

shunty
Old 12 July 2002, 08:30 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

I've got thick skin, mate. And no, I work in our Force Intelligence department - entirely a plain clothes role.

The test will be in "controlled" conditions. I just have to confirm that my friend is available.

Quick Reply: Laser Jammer Group Buy - FINAL DETAILS !!!