Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Caroline Flack

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2020, 08:05 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Caroline Flack

TBH didnt really know her and don't know any celebreties nowadays.

However understand it was due to yet another **** up with our ****ty CPS and police.. Idiots . All of them

RIP young lady. Sorry our justice system is the opposite of its name
The following 2 users liked this post by lozgti1:
Old 16 February 2020, 08:44 AM
siluro
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

RIP. I know you cannot believe what you read but she did a proper job on her boyfriend. Reports from ex neighbour did not do her any favours either and ex lover. She seemed a troubled lady for whatever reasons. Got the talent, money, career, looks and still not enough. I know the CPS were pursuing it even though her boyfriend did not press. A show trail. Shame she to chose her death as her only option. Something's not quite right, but we do not know any facts.

Last edited by siluro; 16 February 2020 at 08:55 AM.
Old 16 February 2020, 08:56 AM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Who ?
Old 16 February 2020, 09:28 AM
neil97rs
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lozgti1
TBH didnt really know her and don't know any celebreties nowadays.

However understand it was due to yet another **** up with our ****ty CPS and police.. Idiots . All of them

RIP young lady. Sorry our justice system is the opposite of its name

why is it the police fault ?
would blame it more on social media and the media in general
Old 16 February 2020, 09:46 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

As I said on the duck lip thread; It’s saddening; Went on a meltdown and rather than get help gets wrung out by the media and CPS with ITV dropping her career like a lead brick...meanwhile Ant (Dec? ) gets alchy rehab and allowed to jump back into his career as if nothing had happened.

The CPS’s justification of public interest to continue a prosecution without the ‘victim’ pressing charges along with unreasonable bail conditions needs to lay on the consciences of quite a few people involved with this, same as the bosses at ITV that are quick to give people the push, like they did Alastair Stewart, and Michael Le Vell only got his job back because ITV would be in breach of his employment contract and the lawsuit involving that would have been very costly both for reputations and finance.

Not going to blame police at this stage, she flew off the handle and had to be restrained. They may have needed to be there to prevent any potential escalation, weather they caused antagonisation and escalation themselves or ‘leaked’ her arrest and charges (as they sometimes do) is another matter to be looked at. Also if they put on record any suspicion of mental health issues, and if so, that should have been referred for assessment.

Last edited by ALi-B; 16 February 2020 at 09:55 AM.
Old 16 February 2020, 11:45 AM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

The media hounded the woman into an early grave
The following users liked this post:
Old 16 February 2020, 11:51 AM
SouthWalesSam
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Sad case.

But why exactly are you muppets blaming the CPS?

They have sufficient evidence of a domestic violence assault and they brought a prosecution based on that evidence.
What’s wrong with that?

The CPS no longer drop domestic violence cases where the alleged victim withdraws charges when the evidence is sufficiently strong.

When the CPS used to drop cases in these circumstances it is believed to have ultimately resulted in the deaths of around 125 victims, most of whom were women.

We want laws that treat us all - male or female, attractive or plain, celebrity or nobody - the same, don’t we?
The following 3 users liked this post by SouthWalesSam:

Trending Topics

Old 16 February 2020, 12:27 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Because the victim did not want a prosecution: Simples

There is no public interest to continue on that premise. The tests of public interest and guidance are quite clearly known, and whilst there can be ambiguity, application of common sense has not been applied. Such as likelihood of reoffending (doubtful), past criminal history (none), severity of offence and any injuries ( no hospital involved for victim). But importantly guidance is pretty clear and states in guidance codes that “Prosecutors should take into account the views expressed by the victim about the impact that the offence has had.”
Old 16 February 2020, 01:01 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B

There is no public interest to continue on that premise. The tests of public interest and guidance are quite clearly known, and whilst there can be ambiguity, application of common sense has not been applied. Such as likelihood of reoffending (doubtful), past criminal history (none), severity of offence and any injuries ( no hospital involved for victim). But importantly guidance is pretty clear and states in guidance codes that “Prosecutors should take into account the views expressed by the victim about the impact that the offence has had.”
I kind of agree but the point made above yours is mainly down to the CPS taking it out of the victims hands. I’d guess a lot of domestic violence cases get dropped by the accused putting pressure /guilt on to the victim who then drops the charges. Trouble with this is (like mentioned) the abuser will often go on to kill the victim of domestic abuse and then the police and CPS get moaned at for letting it drop.

If the CPS have decided to take this route then they can make this clear to the accused from the start so they can’t put any pressure on their victim to drop the case. I guess now there’s also cause for concern towards the accused who may feel like their world is going to end and take their own life though.

What most likely would have happened is a court case and her mental health being taken in to account and she’d have got off on the grounds of diminished responsibility and had to get mental health help.

Just from seeing very little of her on TV and recently looking through her IG you can see she was seriously troubled mentally before any of this.

She actually reminds me of a girl I know, same look in her eye and she was messed up mentally. I barely knew her yet for some reason she chose to text me when she’d taken an overdose. Last time I saw her was about 8 years ago when I carried her into hospital, she survived the OD & quite odd to think she would be dead. She apparently has a fella and a life now so it makes this Flack thing very sad for me.
Old 16 February 2020, 01:48 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

The thing is the CPS has clear alternatives: Restorative justice, which importantly can be applied before going to court. Cautions are also an available option.

The evaluation of what kind of conviction they were aiming for is important here: Realistically a suspended sentence, but who knows...were they aiming for a jail conviction? Six months is the max on this.

“Assault by beating” is an odd charge...it’s a common assault charge and sentencing guidance states: “If violence is used in a common assault, it is called a “battery” and the perpetrator would be charged with “assault by beating”. This does not however, mean that the victim was actually ‘beaten up’ or even hit or kicked – it could be that they were pushed, grabbed or spat at The victim may not therefore have suffered any physical injury, and if any injury was caused, it would need to be quite minor to fall under common assault.”

So, based on that there could be zero physical harm and she may have just shoved him...There was mention of victim being hit by a lamp, but that would mean a more severe charge, and the victim denies this ever happened, so obviously they didn’t pursue that.

But goes to show...you could face six month just by pushing away your partner!
Old 16 February 2020, 03:21 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

The thing is the CPS has clear alternatives: Restorative justice, which importantly can be applied before going to court. Cautions are also an available option.

The evaluation of what kind of conviction they were aiming for is important here: Realistically a suspended sentence, but who knows...were they aiming for a jail conviction? Six months is the max on this.

“Assault by beating” is an odd charge...it’s a common assault charge and sentencing guidance states: “If violence is used in a common assault, it is called a “battery” and the perpetrator would be charged with “assault by beating”. This does not however, mean that the victim was actually ‘beaten up’ or even hit or kicked – it could be that they were pushed, grabbed or spat at The victim may not therefore have suffered any physical injury, and if any injury was caused, it would need to be quite minor to fall under common assault.”

So, based on that there could be zero physical harm and she may have just shoved him...There was mention of victim being hit by a lamp, but that would mean a more severe charge, and the victim denies this ever happened, so obviously they didn’t pursue that.

But goes to show...you could face six month just by pushing away your partner!

Its a tricky debate and it’s raging on another forum I’m on around this case. One thing I would say though, domestic abuse can be mental by what an abuser does to control the person verbally and things they say.

People on this other forum are telling me this incident alone means she was a domestic abuser and man beater. I have a bit of a different opinion personally but what they’re saying is effectively the same as saying someone is an abuser just by shouting at someone as a ‘one off’ argument if you think about it.

I could almost bet my house these people calling her an abuser of men have shouted some regretful things at their partners which makes them abusers does it? In their own opinion it would do.
Old 16 February 2020, 06:25 PM
lockheed
Scooby Regular

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

She resigned/lost her job wasn't that enough , cps should have taken into account she was a vulnerable adult suffering with depression .

I have no proof of any of this but what the media has said , but its my opinion.
The following 2 users liked this post by lockheed:
Old 17 February 2020, 12:15 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by lockheed
She resigned/lost her job wasn't that enough , cps should have taken into account she was a vulnerable adult suffering with depression .

I have no proof of any of this but what the media has said , but its my opinion.
Why, if this was the other way around we certainly wouldnt be saying "he" should have got away with anything.
Old 17 February 2020, 07:47 AM
Rusti
Scooby Regular

Received 157 Likes on 132 Posts

The Media have done another number one this one and then seem to lay on the tributes afterwards! She clearly had issues that had not been diagnosed or being treated and they as usual just made her life even more difficult, as for the domestic abuse charges, will anyone really know what happened there?
The following 2 users liked this post by Rusti:
Old 17 February 2020, 08:39 AM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Famous for being famous

if therewas somthing wrong with the law highlighted by this women , then she may have been useful

otherwise - so much bull****
Old 17 February 2020, 08:50 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Rusti
The Media have done another number one this one and then seem to lay on the tributes afterwards! She clearly had issues that had not been diagnosed or being treated and they as usual just made her life even more difficult, as for the domestic abuse charges, will anyone really know what happened there?
Well, the hypocrisy is blatant:

ITV have a ongoing mental health campaign: https://www.itv.com/britaingettalkin...9GIXOX,4YODW,1
Yet drop a presenter of a show it actually interrupts for these awareness adverts without thinking ‘hang on’, ‘what will losing a job do to someone who is already in a difficult position’

Then CH4, another channel parading about mental health and disability threatens to cut her from a show she was going to present.

And I’d speculate someone at that CPS ‘leaked’ to the press on saturday that prosecution was going ahead. So not only was she informed of that news, she probably had calls and texts off journalists asking for comment....maybe even before being informed formally!
Old 17 February 2020, 10:30 AM
siluro
Scooby Regular

Comon guys. If you and I had mental problems and we battered our partners to the point the police press charges and the partner does not then you need to suffer the consequences of your actions. You and I would not get any sympathy why should a TV star. ITV had every right to sack her. My employer would have sacked me. The police continued to press charges for a reason not for the hell of it. If you cannot do the time do not do the crime. Yes she must of had issues but so do most of us but we have to deal with it. She had a career, the looks and wealth and still could not deal with life. It is sad state of affairs if death is your only option.
Old 17 February 2020, 10:48 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lockheed

No, the crime still needs to be heard at court to establish the facts.
This was a serious assault which can not be just swept under the carpet. It needed a proper investigation with conditions to protect the victim until the trial is heard.
If this was a case of a mental breakdown, then the court can take that into consideration when all the evidence is heard
Its not the case for the CPS to make that decision.
Would you be happy with Ian Brady not being brought to trial as he had mental health problems?

Domestic violence must be taken seriously as it results in the majority of murders, early interventions and protection for the victims must be at the top of the list

The following 2 users liked this post by Felix.:
Old 17 February 2020, 10:51 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by siluro
battered our partners
Dude, get the story right...nobody was battered.

Read the charge description:

If violence is used in a common assault, it is called a “battery” and the perpetrator would be charged with “assault by beating”. This does not however, mean that the victim was actually ‘beaten up’ or even hit or kicked – it could be that they were pushed, grabbed or spat at The victim may not therefore have suffered any physical injury, and if any injury was caused, it would need to be quite minor to fall under common assault.”

In contrast read up on Jordan Worth and what she did...

Last edited by ALi-B; 17 February 2020 at 10:54 AM.
Old 17 February 2020, 11:18 AM
siluro
Scooby Regular

Dude, get the story right...nobody was battered.

Read the charge description:

In contrast read up on Jordan Worth and what she did...
She threw a lamp at him apparently and both needed to go to hospital for treatment, if that is not battering then what is. Either way you describe it, she injured herself and her victim. The policeman they interviewed said he had never seen a scene like it in all his years as a policeman. It must of been bad else the charges would have been dropped surely. No smoke without fire.

Last edited by siluro; 17 February 2020 at 11:40 AM.
Old 17 February 2020, 12:44 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

She threw a lamp at him apparently and both needed to go to hospital for treatment, if that is not battering then what is. Either way you describe it, she injured herself and her victim. The policeman they interviewed said he had never seen a scene like it in all his years as a policeman. It must of been bad else the charges would have been dropped surely. No smoke without fire.
A lot of that was down to the fact she’d self harmed and cut herself up so was covered in blood.

She was obviously very mentally ill so I’m not buying all this PC domestic abuse crap!

If a man was in the same mental state and lashed out the same, I’d be saying the same thing. It is not the same as domestic abuse as those words (rightly these days) are powerful words and fights like this are fights not domestic abuse cases IMO. The bloke didn’t even want to press charges, do you think he was abused really? She was seriously messed up in the head.

I mentioned this on another forum but think about this. Domestic abuse is mental too, via what people say to belittle or degrade or control their partners over a sustained period. I think we can all agree on that?

So, if that’s the case a one off shouting match where you blurt out what you think of your partner could be taken by the CPS as domestic abuse case. It’s exactly the same principle as throwing something at someone as a one off.

Old 17 February 2020, 01:27 PM
siluro
Scooby Regular

As I said earlier I am only going by what I have read and that probably cannot be relied on. Your right she had mental issue, if you read any of her latest tweets you can see that for yourself. She even described that she called out for help and was told she was draining. I cannot believe the CPS just took a case as a one of fight and pursued it like they have, there must be more to this as there usually is. RIP
Old 17 February 2020, 01:36 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by jameswrx
A lot of that was down to the fact she’d self harmed and cut herself up so was covered in blood.

She was obviously very mentally ill so I’m not buying all this PC domestic abuse crap!
Indeed: A picture of the bedroom on instagram showing blood everywhere, and her partner claiming it was her blood not his. The fact she was hospitalised supports this.

Was there a bail condition to seek mental health assessment and treatment? If not, why not...given the descriptions of the scene and hospitalisation for wounds that were alledged to be self inflicted?
Old 17 February 2020, 05:00 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

You can't give bail conditions to force her to seek a mental health assessment. Bail conditions are imposed to protect the victim & witnesses. So in this case, Flack was not allowed any contact with him or was not allowed to be near him - standard conditions in such cases. The court can consider imprisonment in a secure mental health establishment as part of the sentence, but other factors would need to be considered first.

She threw a lamp at him, that is the assault aspect of the case and i would suggest that it was more of a ABH assault rather than a common assault.

Old 17 February 2020, 05:10 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

If a man was in the same mental state and lashed out the same, I’d be saying the same thing. It is not the same as domestic abuse as those words (rightly these days) are powerful words and fights like this are fights not domestic abuse cases IMO. The bloke didn’t even want to press charges, do you think he was abused really? She was seriously messed up in the head.

I mentioned this on another forum but think about this. Domestic abuse is mental too, via what people say to belittle or degrade or control their partners over a sustained period. I think we can all agree on that?

So, if that’s the case a one off shouting match where you blurt out what you think of your partner could be taken by the CPS as domestic abuse case. It’s exactly the same principle as throwing something at someone as a one off.
Its domestic violence - pure and simple!

You can argue with each other - as there is no offence attached to that. But what you can not do is become violent with each other.
DV is responsible for the majority of murders in the country and a lot of it is a result of years of violent incidents which end up escalating into murder. In the past, the victim often did not make any complaint (due to pressure, guilt etc) and the case was dropped. So many violent perpetrators of DV got away with it. Now, we can pursue the matter without the victim support if there is other evidence to support the offence. This was done so we can safeguard the victims of DV and other persons who may be in danger too (children etc)

You are right about the mental aspect of DV, which is why coercive and controlling behaviour became a stand alone offence recently
Old 17 February 2020, 05:36 PM
siluro
Scooby Regular

What I have never got is someone can have a famous career, go on dancing shows and win, have a relationship(s) but still have mental issues. Is this just a label for an excuse. Not meaning to sound harsh but how can you have issues and live that life? I have problems but I do not go and hurt the people close to me or anyone for that fact. I have never thought death as being the only way out, maybe that is why i don't understand, and perhaps never will.
Old 17 February 2020, 05:51 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
Its domestic violence - pure and simple!

You can argue with each other - as there is no offence attached to that. But what you can not do is become violent with each other.
DV is responsible for the majority of murders in the country and a lot of it is a result of years of violent incidents which end up escalating into murder. In the past, the victim often did not make any complaint (due to pressure, guilt etc) and the case was dropped. So many violent perpetrators of DV got away with it. Now, we can pursue the matter without the victim support if there is other evidence to support the offence. This was done so we can safeguard the victims of DV and other persons who may be in danger too (children etc)

You are right about the mental aspect of DV, which is why coercive and controlling behaviour became a stand alone offence recently
But Domestic abuse can be verbal only. So if you say anything thrown or hit even once is straight domestic abuse then so is a single verbal attack, can’t have it one way if they both can be domestic abuse. Surely it should be just as poignant if both forms of abuse exist!

And just for the record I’ve never laid a finger on a partner before someone gives me the old “must have slapped someone”

In fact I’ve been on the receiving end of an ex laying in to me in a crazy ‘time of the month plus argument’ scenario where shortly afterwards she threw herself on the floor. Never happened again in rest of our years & we laughed about it down the line. But according to some people’s definition she is a domestic abuser and could go to court etc. Absolutely ridiculous in a scenario like that.
Old 17 February 2020, 07:49 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

What I have never got is someone can have a famous career, go on dancing shows and win, have a relationship(s) but still have mental issues. Is this just a label for an excuse. Not meaning to sound harsh but how can you have issues and live that life? I have problems but I do not go and hurt the people close to me or anyone for that fact. I have never thought death as being the only way out, maybe that is why i don't understand, and perhaps never will.
Mental health is just like physical health. So can you imagine how someone can have a famous career, go on dancing shows and win, have a relationship(s) but still have diabetes or asthma.

Its not something that they can control and can happen to anyone at any time. Some mental health issues can be controlled by the patients, but some need medication and others need further help. Mental health is a huge subject and patients often lose control of their "rational self" as a consequence.
Old 17 February 2020, 08:01 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

But Domestic abuse can be verbal only. So if you say anything thrown or hit even once is straight domestic abuse then so is a single verbal attack, can’t have it one way if they both can be domestic abuse. Surely it should be just as poignant if both forms of abuse exist!
It can be. There has to be an offence attached to that to have any kind of arrest & court action. But if an argument has escalated to the point that a person feels harassed, alarmed, distressed etc and they call police - then it will be recorded as a DV incident. This may prove invaluable if in the future, the domestic relationship becomes violent, then previous episodes of 'arguments' may prove relevant to a specif case.

In fact I’ve been on the receiving end of an ex laying in to me in a crazy ‘time of the month plus argument’ scenario where shortly afterwards she threw herself on the floor. Never happened again in rest of our years & we laughed about it down the line. But according to some people’s definition she is a domestic abuser and could go to court etc. Absolutely ridiculous in a scenario like that.
It depends what happened in your "time of the month plus argument" as you put it

If this was a violent attack on you, then yes she will be classed as a perpetrator of DV. It can not be right that one person attacks another - and in the home you may have children who witness this and develop ACE's as a consequence. Especially if this is a regular occurrence.

OK, I understand in your case it was one occasion - but if that re-occurs time and time again and the injuries become worse, do we as a society just ignore it? Or do we put things in place to try and protect a victim (and children) who may not see a way out
Old 18 February 2020, 07:57 AM
Jay Cartay
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ridiculous view. Many DV victims claim not to want a prosecution after the event. They even tell people that their abuser is "a good person" etc. etc. There's a reason that the CPS pursue these things regardless of the victim asking for it these days...

Quick Reply: Caroline Flack