Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Life can kiss my hairy ****!
Old 07 October 2019, 10:19 PM
lockheed
Scooby Regular

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by lozgti1
Anyone?
In any context? if so I don't like my next door neighbour much.
Old 07 October 2019, 10:27 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Also don't like smoked kippers ��
Old 07 October 2019, 10:29 PM
lockheed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
Also don't like smoked kippers ��

Yeah they repeat badly fish burps

Last edited by lockheed; 07 October 2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07 October 2019, 10:32 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't suffer fake news
Old 07 October 2019, 10:43 PM
lockheed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti1
Anyone?
The Samaritans 01273711254 just in case .

Trending Topics

Old 07 October 2019, 10:46 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Cucumbers are the devil's work,they also repeat and provide fake pleasure!

Get rid of kippers,cucumbers and fake blues,fit some decent fooking wheels to my shed and life would be fine and dandy
The following users liked this post:
Old 08 October 2019, 08:00 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All the time, I suffer quite a bit and it leads me down a path in my head that seems extreme. I read a book called CPTSD and it actually gave me a lot of really good insights.
Old 08 October 2019, 01:50 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Younger generations are becoming increasingly blinkered and fragile. Christ, trauma that I carry from the forty years on this planet would have them going Harry Carry at the slightest blip of hardship. That said....

Its not about manning up, its about learning strategies that allow you cope with the current, lots of self reflection to understand and learn what makes you think/behave in the way that you do and take steps to change and improve on anything negative.

This will pave the way forward away from depression to where I am today; High functioning depression Which includes perks such as mind f**king imbeciles that try and emphasise or annoy you by persistently asking if you are ok without a clue or care about what to do if you actually said “No!”

Being like this does have its advantages; 2018 was shyte and 2019 thus far has been utter shyte, now this has placed ones I care about into a downward spiral as events have overwhelmed them...and I’m like ‘business as usual’. Honestly I’ve felt worse in better times

Too deep? Meh! On reflection I could really do with ten days in a week and days that last 30 hours, and the ability to replicate via mitosis, then things would be just fine

Last edited by ALi-B; 08 October 2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08 October 2019, 06:25 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

You think when you get older it'll get easier. It doesn't you just get tortured even more by people that wouldn't do f**k all for you but expect you to pull them out.
As the old saying goes the best days of your life even though you hated them at the time we're your schooldays/teens.
Old 08 October 2019, 06:39 PM
lockheed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 1509joe
You think when you get older it'll get easier. It doesn't you just get tortured even more by people that wouldn't do f**k all for you but expect you to pull them out.
As the old saying goes the best days of your life even though you hated them at the time we're your schooldays/teens.
Well they do say youth is wasted on the young!
Old 08 October 2019, 06:52 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by lockheed
Well they do say youth is wasted on the young!
Old 09 October 2019, 08:18 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Younger generations are becoming increasingly blinkered and fragile.
100%
All you hear about these days is mental illness and mental health problems in the youth of today.

Get the **** out to work, there's nothing wrong with you.
Old 09 October 2019, 08:27 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
100%
All you hear about these days is mental illness and mental health problems in the youth of today.

Get the **** out to work, there's nothing wrong with you.

Maybe that's because the adults of today suffered in silence and passed it down to their children, who felt the pressures before they could learn to cope? Suicide rates seem to be dropping, in fact in your "days" more people took the "easy" way out, which, going by your comments I assume you think is all about being weak minded too.

Seeing someone with real depression or anxiety is horrible, to imagine having that feeling of dread we all get from time to time, all the time, I can understand how it leads to suicide, and when they look for help, if they find someone with your attitude, then...
Old 09 October 2019, 09:36 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Folks make a living off the internet by being all maudlin , you can see why theres certain amount cynisism

Couldn't do that in my day

don't even need step outside
Old 09 October 2019, 10:29 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Maybe that's because the adults of today suffered in silence and passed it down to their children, who felt the pressures before they could learn to cope? Suicide rates seem to be dropping, in fact in your "days" more people took the "easy" way out, which, going by your comments I assume you think is all about being weak minded too.

Seeing someone with real depression or anxiety is horrible, to imagine having that feeling of dread we all get from time to time, all the time, I can understand how it leads to suicide, and when they look for help, if they find someone with your attitude, then...
I don't think anybody is weak minded or anything. I just think that we now seem to have a society of youth who take any liberty going, particularly if they're a bit lazy.
Infact, I think to attempt suicide you must be incredibly brave.

For example a person I know has diabetes, and has has it for a hell of a long time - early secondary school I believe.
24 years old, they are not fat, quite the opposite, really skinny.
Roughly in the last year, they have started taking time off work with varying diabetes issues - probably 1 - 2 days a week on average.
Then it increased to a week off, because they'd get some sort of flu virus, then 1 week became two weeks, and maybe 7 months ago, the doctor signed them off on long term sick, due to anxiety & depression.
This person can regularly been seen out with friends, on social media - claiming to be "lovin life" due to not working.

They don't appear as someone with anxiety issues, I think know the signs, as my own Daughter went through anxiety/mental problems after being involved in an accident, and I seen what she went through over a period of 3 or 4 months.

Doctors don't help either, as they're a bit too quick to get the sick notes out at the very mention of mental problems - probably to cover their own *****.

We all have our problems, its just about managing them as best we can.

Last edited by urban; 09 October 2019 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09 October 2019, 12:49 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
Cucumbers are the devil's work,they also repeat and provide fake pleasure!

Get rid of kippers,cucumbers and fake blues,fit some decent fooking wheels to my shed and life would be fine and dandy
I could never figure out why my mum ate cucumbers in bed. Then I smelt it.
I'm sure it gave her pleasure
Old 09 October 2019, 01:21 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

If you or a friend are having bad thoughts about life, please please speak to someone. People, especially men, see it as a weakness so bottle things up, which makes things worse; it's not a weakness and far more people are suffering in silence that should be.

I'll admit to having a couple of dark periods in my life, on both occasions I ended up on antidepressants for a few months, but with help and some workshops, provided by the NHS, I'm still here. I don't know what else to say, but if you're running through your mind the prospect of either killing yourself or how you'd kill yourself (both of which I did), speak to someone NOW. Get help.
The following 3 users liked this post by ^Qwerty^:
Old 09 October 2019, 09:37 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

I also beg you to all to think deep,deep into your life,look hard and long at your car,do them wheels really look right?!? Please sell me your wheels and free your spirit.....

17" ×7.5j ET48+ and preferably with some good tyres.
Old 10 October 2019, 08:31 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Is it life or death ?
Old 10 October 2019, 04:33 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Life these days is owned by millenial snowflakes or generation selfie who blame everyone but themselves for everything they don't like or for things they can't acheive or obtain. That they feel they are owed, no, entitled to be given everything by everyone else without applying much effort themselves and will throw all their toys out of the pram if they don't get what they want. They say they are liberal and for free speach but will quite happily shut you down if you don't agree with them or share the same ideolgy and will protest and signal virtuously in the most vociferous way possible at anything just so they can get more attention, more likes and followers on social media. Ultimately they will become our leaders, our keepers when we're old and grey. Other than that life's great!
Old 10 October 2019, 06:28 PM
RockyRoad
Scooby Regular

Received 123 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by urban
I don't think anybody is weak minded or anything. I just think that we now seem to have a society of youth who take any liberty going, particularly if they're a bit lazy.
Infact, I think to attempt suicide you must be incredibly brave.

For example a person I know has diabetes, and has has it for a hell of a long time - early secondary school I believe.
24 years old, they are not fat, quite the opposite, really skinny.
Roughly in the last year, they have started taking time off work with varying diabetes issues - probably 1 - 2 days a week on average.
Then it increased to a week off, because they'd get some sort of flu virus, then 1 week became two weeks, and maybe 7 months ago, the doctor signed them off on long term sick, due to anxiety & depression.
This person can regularly been seen out with friends, on social media - claiming to be "lovin life" due to not working.

They don't appear as someone with anxiety issues, I think know the signs, as my own Daughter went through anxiety/mental problems after being involved in an accident, and I seen what she went through over a period of 3 or 4 months.

Doctors don't help either, as they're a bit too quick to get the sick notes out at the very mention of mental problems - probably to cover their own *****.

We all have our problems, its just about managing them as best we can.
While I can see your point about someone not appearing to be suffering from what they claim to be, some people are very very good at hiding it.

When I was younger my dad suffered a nervous breakdown due to stress and anxiety. Nobody had a clue anything was wrong with him until one day he collapsed while I was at school and had to be taken to hospital. Turns out he had had been suffering problems in silence for a long time. 15 odd years later he still hasn’t fully recovered and I will be very surprised if he ever does.
Old 12 October 2019, 09:29 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

I do appreciate the replies. Cheers all. Some people have been a bit spot on.And extremely helpful

Last edited by lozgti1; 12 October 2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old 13 October 2019, 01:12 PM
John 37
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Like others have said, open up, talk to someone and get help.
I used to think I was above it, tough and capable. Then I was proved wrong. Results were nearly...... Then, pure luck, someone rescued me.
My son is just coming out of a similar problem. 2 friends, suicide. 1 friend died cancer. All his age. Friends mother attempted suicide twice, 2nd time successfully. All in 1 year. He was 14, now 15.
One night he got drunk and we found out he'd tried suicide and drugs. He's now getting counselling and is getting better.
Don't bottle it up. That just builds the pressure and makes it worse.
Old 13 October 2019, 01:13 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Yes, just over 3 years ago I went through an intense period of depression and panic attacks that were a culmination of really not facing up to problems but pushing them down the road. I didn’t think I was the ‘kind of person’ to suffer with anything like that, but after about 6 months with a combination of not being happy almost all the time and using recreational drugs regularly I just snapped. Couldn’t stop taking panic attacks every couple of hours for the best part of a week and in between was just constant feelings of dread. Had to stay off work which I had never done before.

What I would really recommend is trying to do something about it rather than letting it fester. I couldn’t stand feeling like that for any length of time and the NHS was no help at all really, so I looked into it a bit and contacted a CBT therapist which turned out to be the best thing I’ve ever done. She identified ways I was behaving and thinking that I never even realised were the case but it was just like the pennies started dropping when they were mentioned to me. It took about 6 months to feel quite confident that I was out of it, but since then I’ve just gone from strength to strength and today about 3 years on I’ve never felt as strong or enjoyed life as much.

So my advice if anyone does feel bad about life is to get to the bottom of why they feel like that and try to do something about that. I never took any medication and although I know it can save lives, I think if it can be avoided at all in favour of making changes to your life, you should do that instead.
Old 13 October 2019, 01:23 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
Yes, just over 3 years ago I went through an intense period of depression and panic attacks that were a culmination of really not facing up to problems but pushing them down the road. I didn’t think I was the ‘kind of person’ to suffer with anything like that, but after about 6 months with a combination of not being happy almost all the time and using recreational drugs regularly I just snapped. Couldn’t stop taking panic attacks every couple of hours for the best part of a week and in between was just constant feelings of dread. Had to stay off work which I had never done before.

What I would really recommend is trying to do something about it rather than letting it fester. I couldn’t stand feeling like that for any length of time and the NHS was no help at all really, so I looked into it a bit and contacted a CBT therapist which turned out to be the best thing I’ve ever done. She identified ways I was behaving and thinking that I never even realised were the case but it was just like the pennies started dropping when they were mentioned to me. It took about 6 months to feel quite confident that I was out of it, but since then I’ve just gone from strength to strength and today about 3 years on I’ve never felt as strong or enjoyed life as much.

So my advice if anyone does feel bad about life is to get to the bottom of why they feel like that and try to do something about that. I never took any medication and although I know it can save lives, I think if it can be avoided at all in favour of making changes to your life, you should do that instead.
This is excellent advice. Ultimately happiness and confidence comes from within, but sometimes one needs to be taught how to control it.