Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Camera's watching

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2002, 01:08 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

On Friday as I was travelling home for the weekend the detector goes mad... I look at my speed 75mph on a dual carridgeway 70mph section just after a round about.. seemed a strange place to put a speed trap.. I was foot to the floor accelerating off the roundabout so you are not going to catch many people.
It was a white Citreon van parked on the opposite side of the road with VS on the side in red with a camera on a pole... radar detector detected K band radar.

All weekend I was paranoid that perhaps this section is still 40mph and I was mistaken in thinking it was national speed limit and that I was going to get banned and basically had a sh1tty weekend with this in the back of my mind... a) that I had miss read the road and muddled the limit and b) that I would get a ban.

Then this morning I am travelling back up to work and the M25 is closed due to an accident so I jump on the M11 rather than M1 and how many camera's!!! gezzz..... last time I drove on the M11 must be like 4 years ago.. firstly the 40mph roadwork section and every camera set my radar detector off.. not the odd one but all of them. Then further up there is the front facing ground loop camera's... one set my detector off with a very weak Ka band radar which might just be a coincidence.. as none of the others did, or was that the only live one?

I then get nearly to work after following signs for the North and M1 (could have stopped and looked at the map but just kept looking for places I knew) and go past where that van was on Friday and I am releaved to see it IS 70mph.. and either I have a ticket for 75mph coming which I will hold my hands up to.. fair cop.... sorry fair camera.. hold on whats fair about it... or it was checking for tax disks.. do Derbyshire have them? I would have expected it to be in a better position and to be using Laser if it was speed checking?

How long is it before someone can check on the computer system where a car is at a given time etc... ? which sounds worrying but I suppose it should help cut crime, not that it will be used that way? or am I being unfair?

JGM
Old 17 June 2002, 01:53 PM
Andrewza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did the roadworks down the M11 a month or so ago going to brands hatch, bloody gatsos everywhere, 90% behind big concrete posts they seemed to be building, waay to go for safety, people spot gatso as their are passing it and hit the brakes