Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Police tactic taking out criminal moped riders

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2018, 11:32 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up Police tactic taking out criminal moped riders

Absolutely superb! Thank god the PC brigade haven't put a stop to it. The footage on the news brings a smile to my face knowing these scum are being taken down with a nasty bang. Well done MET police
Old 24 November 2018, 01:09 AM
scunnered
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with you (sort of), but really....It takes a bike to catch a bike.

What if the police knocked over an innocent rider by mistake, and that rider died as a result?
Its very easy for them to make a mistake and target an innocent rider. I'm saying this because about 5 years ago, I was pulled over while riding my FireBlade at around 1am. It seems that about 10 minutes earlier, an armed robbery had taken place at a petrol station across town, by a guy riding a motorcycle. Since I was the only biker they saw on the road, it had to be me, or so they believed.
I won't mention what abuse I had to go through before a message finally came over the radio that they'd caught the real culprit. I didn't even get as much as a simple apology.
I suppose I'm lucky they didn't have an ARV in the area, or they might just as well have shot me

Personally, I don't agree with these latest tactics. Imagine if they were chasing a rider, knocked him off, and the bike were to hit a pedestrian, perhaps a child, and that pedestrian were to die as a result?

Last edited by scunnered; 24 November 2018 at 01:13 AM.
Old 24 November 2018, 06:44 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Its the perfect response, hopefully the odd one dies too, totally lawless London and other major cities/town
Old 24 November 2018, 06:53 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by scunnered
I agree with you (sort of), but really....It takes a bike to catch a bike.

What if the police knocked over an innocent rider by mistake, and that rider died as a result?
Its very easy for them to make a mistake and target an innocent rider. I'm saying this because about 5 years ago, I was pulled over while riding my FireBlade at around 1am. It seems that about 10 minutes earlier, an armed robbery had taken place at a petrol station across town, by a guy riding a motorcycle. Since I was the only biker they saw on the road, it had to be me, or so they believed.
I won't mention what abuse I had to go through before a message finally came over the radio that they'd caught the real culprit. I didn't even get as much as a simple apology.
I suppose I'm lucky they didn't have an ARV in the area, or they might just as well have shot me

Personally, I don't agree with these latest tactics. Imagine if they were chasing a rider, knocked him off, and the bike were to hit a pedestrian, perhaps a child, and that pedestrian were to die as a result?
as an invonvience to you you would have been. Taken to the station and all would have been resolved.
they only knock the scum off the bike as they knew 100% he needed exciting.
well done rossers
Old 24 November 2018, 08:04 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

last time the police knocked someone off there bike around here (Bristol) there was a major riot (hartcliff riots) as the police killed two kids (teenagers) who had stolen one of the police motorbikes and was riding it around with the lights on ,, I'm not condoning what they did but they didn't deserve to be rammed and killed for a foolish mistake as they were just kids

I think at very low speeds (10mph and below like a lot of the ones in the video going around) they should be able to use another vehicle to block or stop the bike but any higher and I think they should call in another bike to take over as its a very risky thing to do at higher speeds and could cost unnecessary lives
Old 24 November 2018, 11:22 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You watch moped crime fall now.
Old 24 November 2018, 12:09 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

its allready dropped by half if you believe their figures

I think something had to done

those Bristol riots had more to them than that one motorbike incident by the looks of it
Old 24 November 2018, 12:53 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

The crimes committed on mopeds range from robbery to assault with acid so i'm all for them being targeted and knocked off. From the footage shown when they are knocked off there is nobody else about that could be hit by the moded. I'm sure they don't drive down Oxford Street knocking over mopeds into crowds of people. There is a time and a place and I think it's a brilliant tactic
Old 24 November 2018, 01:13 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should certain make them think twice.

As someone who rides a moped, I hope this doesn't give idiots in cars crazy ideas.
Old 24 November 2018, 02:00 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic to see, and those wee b@stards don't like it by the looks of things
Old 24 November 2018, 02:10 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by domino46
last time the police knocked someone off there bike around here (Bristol) there was a major riot (hartcliff riots) as the police killed two kids (teenagers) who had stolen one of the police motorbikes and was riding it around with the lights on ,, I'm not condoning what they did but they didn't deserve to be rammed and killed for a foolish mistake as they were just kids
Good riddance. Kids or not, they knew right from wrong, they choose wrong
Old 24 November 2018, 02:16 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

About time too....!!!
I would prefer it if they took them out with something a bit more substantial than a car though, maybe a Tank ,just to make sure the Scum get a taste of their own medicine.
Time to take the streets back I think.
Crack on guys.
Old 24 November 2018, 09:27 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

This is clearly something they would do if the rider failed to stop, in which case they have it coming. Hope they bill them too for any damage to the police vehicles.
Old 25 November 2018, 02:46 AM
scoobaholic
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I don’t know, yeah if someone poses a danger you gotta do something but risking killing someone or putting them in a wheelchair for petty crime is taking it too far. And as said above sooner or later innocent citizens could be at the receiving end. I think in these times we gotta be careful what norms we set. Not saying a little nudge might not be appropriate but where are we heading with this!?
Old 25 November 2018, 10:54 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm disappointed in the people who say "they are only kids" or they don't deserve to be hurt .. I also think anyone who believes the Police would knock random people off are idiots.. if the police flash you to pull over and you race off .. then you deserve to be knocked off.

These scummy rats have been attacking, hurting and stealing for years and the chances of them killing someone are 10000 times more likely than the bike hitting a pedestrian when the police knock them off .. you think the police don't have strict rules about when to do it?
Old 25 November 2018, 10:56 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobaholic
I don’t know, yeah if someone poses a danger you gotta do something but risking killing someone or putting them in a wheelchair for petty crime is taking it too far. And as said above sooner or later innocent citizens could be at the receiving end. I think in these times we gotta be careful what norms we set. Not saying a little nudge might not be appropriate but where are we heading with this!?
Petty crime .. robbery using hammers .. knives and acid .. ok .. you believe these scum are worth protecting.
Old 25 November 2018, 10:58 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by domino46

I think at very low speeds (10mph and below like a lot of the ones in the video going around) they should be able to use another vehicle to block or stop the bike but any higher and I think they should call in another bike to take over as its a very risky thing to do at higher speeds and could cost unnecessary lives
Originally Posted by urban
Good riddance. Kids or not, they knew right from wrong, they choose wrong
once you hit 13 and you're robbing people at knife point .. you're not worth a second thought in my books. I'd have 10 of them knocked off and killed over one innocent person.

"Oh he was a lovely lad .. never hurt anyone .." apart from the 27 people who phones he stole, the 12 mopeds he robbed and the six people he hit with a weapon to get what he wanted ..

Last edited by pimmo2000; 25 November 2018 at 10:59 PM.
Old 26 November 2018, 08:44 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Ahhh, it’s brilliant! The video on bbc... you can almost see the scrawny **** gesture like ‘that’s not fair’

People saying its its too harsh and someone innocent is gonna get hurt, come on shake yourself here. Many innocent people are getting hurt and threatened every day because of these idiots. Emotional trauma from having their bike/phone/Watch stolen, threatened with knives/hammers or if you’re really unlucky stabbed or having acid thrown over you ruining your life. I’m more than happy with the slim risk a member of the public gets hurt in the catching process. Just think the goal here is to STOP the crimes, if they succeed then they won’t be doing these tactics anyway. If it carries on many innocent people would be getting hurt.

As for accidentally getting knocked off, seriously come on! That’s never going to happen. You’d have to have been ID’d escaping a crime and not stopping with a police pursuit going on, let’s get things in perspective.

I think something had had to be done after the formation of biker biker and handmuff warrior taking action.

I’m looking forward to someone doing a half hour compilation of all the ramming & Reading the comment section of the YT video, will be excellent.

On the subject, had anyone seen handmuff’s vids of his instagram live chats? Usually results in some nasty little chav joining in to tell him they’re going to kill him. I really don’t get how they can get away with the stuff they do online! These kids have instagram accounts bragging on their stolen vehicles.
Old 26 November 2018, 08:58 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Im sure they picked the hardest impact vid to show us all , to deter future toerags. Thought he'd go straight up land on the roof , thankfully he didnt smash the screen
Old 26 November 2018, 09:58 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

In each case in the video, the police only take them out when it is clearly safe to do so from the perspective of injuring passers-by - the police are trained and know what they are doing. Innocent people stop for the police, if they run, knock em off - it works both as a deterrent an a form of instant justice! Keep up the good work!
Old 30 November 2018, 06:47 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
once you hit 13 and you're robbing people at knife point .. you're not worth a second thought in my books. I'd have 10 of them knocked off and killed over one innocent person.

"Oh he was a lovely lad .. never hurt anyone .." apart from the 27 people who phones he stole, the 12 mopeds he robbed and the six people he hit with a weapon to get what he wanted ..
Bang on the money, best news item of the week, I'd hit em harder (with the car) personally

Maybe their brethren would think twice when they see them cruising the estate in their wheelchairs, not looking so tough then are they.
Old 02 December 2018, 05:18 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by BMWhere?
In each case in the video, the police only take them out when it is clearly safe to do so from the perspective of injuring passers-by - the police are trained and know what they are doing. Innocent people stop for the police, if they run, knock em off - it works both as a deterrent an a form of instant justice! Keep up the good work!
Whilst I agree with the first part of your first sentence, the assertion that the police are in any way trained for this made me smile.

I assume you don't watch many of the police, camera, action, type progs, where supposedly "trained" pursuit drivers repeatedly FAIL to stop pursued drivers, often leaving huge holes in what anyone can see should be a foolproof trap?

However, the news that the renowned Diane Abbott is against this policy makes me think it's more than likely the right policy
Old 03 December 2018, 10:44 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

The first of hopefully many.

https://news.sky.com/story/at-least-...olice-11568395

Last edited by Wurzel; 03 December 2018 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03 December 2018, 10:51 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Splendid !
Old 03 December 2018, 10:59 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by dpb
Splendid !
Isn't it nice having some good news to start the week?
Old 03 December 2018, 03:32 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Stupendous!
Old 04 December 2018, 07:24 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

And here it starts, the first cop under criminal investigation for knocking a guilty punk with no helmet off his scooter.

https://news.sky.com/story/met-polic...-teen-11571434
Old 04 December 2018, 10:40 PM
chrispy200+
Scooby Regular

They better not prosecute or else that's that tactic screwed and they'll know they can get away with it still
Old 04 December 2018, 11:28 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

But Labour has raised concerns about the approach, which shadow home secretary Diane Abbott said was "potentially very dangerous".
She is a ******* disgrace
Old 05 December 2018, 04:39 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
She is a ******* disgrace

She was ******* Corbyn!

Quick Reply: Police tactic taking out criminal moped riders