ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Police tactic taking out criminal moped riders (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1057099-police-tactic-taking-out-criminal-moped-riders.html)

An0n0m0us 23 November 2018 11:32 PM

Police tactic taking out criminal moped riders

Absolutely superb! Thank god the PC brigade haven't put a stop to it. The footage on the news brings a smile to my face knowing these scum are being taken down with a nasty bang. Well done MET police :thumb:

scunnered 24 November 2018 01:09 AM

I agree with you (sort of), but really....It takes a bike to catch a bike.

What if the police knocked over an innocent rider by mistake, and that rider died as a result?
Its very easy for them to make a mistake and target an innocent rider. I'm saying this because about 5 years ago, I was pulled over while riding my FireBlade at around 1am. It seems that about 10 minutes earlier, an armed robbery had taken place at a petrol station across town, by a guy riding a motorcycle. Since I was the only biker they saw on the road, it had to be me, or so they believed.
I won't mention what abuse I had to go through before a message finally came over the radio that they'd caught the real culprit. I didn't even get as much as a simple apology.
I suppose I'm lucky they didn't have an ARV in the area, or they might just as well have shot me

Personally, I don't agree with these latest tactics. Imagine if they were chasing a rider, knocked him off, and the bike were to hit a pedestrian, perhaps a child, and that pedestrian were to die as a result?

andy97 24 November 2018 06:44 AM

Its the perfect response, hopefully the odd one dies too, totally lawless London and other major cities/town

RobsyUK 24 November 2018 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by scunnered (Post 12035839)
I agree with you (sort of), but really....It takes a bike to catch a bike.

What if the police knocked over an innocent rider by mistake, and that rider died as a result?
Its very easy for them to make a mistake and target an innocent rider. I'm saying this because about 5 years ago, I was pulled over while riding my FireBlade at around 1am. It seems that about 10 minutes earlier, an armed robbery had taken place at a petrol station across town, by a guy riding a motorcycle. Since I was the only biker they saw on the road, it had to be me, or so they believed.
I won't mention what abuse I had to go through before a message finally came over the radio that they'd caught the real culprit. I didn't even get as much as a simple apology.
I suppose I'm lucky they didn't have an ARV in the area, or they might just as well have shot me

Personally, I don't agree with these latest tactics. Imagine if they were chasing a rider, knocked him off, and the bike were to hit a pedestrian, perhaps a child, and that pedestrian were to die as a result?

as an invonvience to you you would have been. Taken to the station and all would have been resolved.
they only knock the scum off the bike as they knew 100% he needed exciting.
well done rossers

domino46 24 November 2018 08:04 AM

last time the police knocked someone off there bike around here (Bristol) there was a major riot (hartcliff riots) as the police killed two kids (teenagers) who had stolen one of the police motorbikes and was riding it around with the lights on ,, I'm not condoning what they did but they didn't deserve to be rammed and killed for a foolish mistake as they were just kids

I think at very low speeds (10mph and below like a lot of the ones in the video going around) they should be able to use another vehicle to block or stop the bike but any higher and I think they should call in another bike to take over as its a very risky thing to do at higher speeds and could cost unnecessary lives

kingofturds 24 November 2018 11:22 AM

You watch moped crime fall now.

dpb 24 November 2018 12:09 PM

its allready dropped by half if you believe their figures

I think something had to done

those Bristol riots had more to them than that one motorbike incident by the looks of it

An0n0m0us 24 November 2018 12:53 PM

The crimes committed on mopeds range from robbery to assault with acid so i'm all for them being targeted and knocked off. From the footage shown when they are knocked off there is nobody else about that could be hit by the moded. I'm sure they don't drive down Oxford Street knocking over mopeds into crowds of people. There is a time and a place and I think it's a brilliant tactic :thumb:

Martin2005 24 November 2018 01:13 PM

Should certain make them think twice.

As someone who rides a moped, I hope this doesn't give idiots in cars crazy ideas.

urban 24 November 2018 02:00 PM

Fantastic to see, and those wee b@stards don't like it by the looks of things

urban 24 November 2018 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by domino46 (Post 12035848)
last time the police knocked someone off there bike around here (Bristol) there was a major riot (hartcliff riots) as the police killed two kids (teenagers) who had stolen one of the police motorbikes and was riding it around with the lights on ,, I'm not condoning what they did but they didn't deserve to be rammed and killed for a foolish mistake as they were just kids

Good riddance. Kids or not, they knew right from wrong, they choose wrong

njkmrs 24 November 2018 02:16 PM

About time too....!!!
I would prefer it if they took them out with something a bit more substantial than a car though, maybe a Tank ,just to make sure the Scum get a taste of their own medicine.
Time to take the streets back I think.
Crack on guys.

SWRTWannabe 24 November 2018 09:27 PM

This is clearly something they would do if the rider failed to stop, in which case they have it coming. Hope they bill them too for any damage to the police vehicles.

scoobaholic 25 November 2018 02:46 AM

I don’t know, yeah if someone poses a danger you gotta do something but risking killing someone or putting them in a wheelchair for petty crime is taking it too far. And as said above sooner or later innocent citizens could be at the receiving end. I think in these times we gotta be careful what norms we set. Not saying a little nudge might not be appropriate but where are we heading with this!?

pimmo2000 25 November 2018 10:54 PM

I'm disappointed in the people who say "they are only kids" or they don't deserve to be hurt .. I also think anyone who believes the Police would knock random people off are idiots.. if the police flash you to pull over and you race off .. then you deserve to be knocked off.

These scummy rats have been attacking, hurting and stealing for years and the chances of them killing someone are 10000 times more likely than the bike hitting a pedestrian when the police knock them off .. you think the police don't have strict rules about when to do it?

pimmo2000 25 November 2018 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by scoobaholic (Post 12035900)
I don’t know, yeah if someone poses a danger you gotta do something but risking killing someone or putting them in a wheelchair for petty crime is taking it too far. And as said above sooner or later innocent citizens could be at the receiving end. I think in these times we gotta be careful what norms we set. Not saying a little nudge might not be appropriate but where are we heading with this!?

Petty crime .. robbery using hammers .. knives and acid .. ok .. you believe these scum are worth protecting.

pimmo2000 25 November 2018 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by domino46 (Post 12035848)

I think at very low speeds (10mph and below like a lot of the ones in the video going around) they should be able to use another vehicle to block or stop the bike but any higher and I think they should call in another bike to take over as its a very risky thing to do at higher speeds and could cost unnecessary lives

Originally Posted by urban (Post 12035869)
Good riddance. Kids or not, they knew right from wrong, they choose wrong

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: once you hit 13 and you're robbing people at knife point .. you're not worth a second thought in my books. I'd have 10 of them knocked off and killed over one innocent person.

"Oh he was a lovely lad .. never hurt anyone .." apart from the 27 people who phones he stole, the 12 mopeds he robbed and the six people he hit with a weapon to get what he wanted ..

jameswrx 26 November 2018 08:44 AM

Ahhh, it’s brilliant! The video on bbc... you can almost see the scrawny **** gesture like ‘that’s not fair’

People saying its its too harsh and someone innocent is gonna get hurt, come on shake yourself here. Many innocent people are getting hurt and threatened every day because of these idiots. Emotional trauma from having their bike/phone/Watch stolen, threatened with knives/hammers or if you’re really unlucky stabbed or having acid thrown over you ruining your life. I’m more than happy with the slim risk a member of the public gets hurt in the catching process. Just think the goal here is to STOP the crimes, if they succeed then they won’t be doing these tactics anyway. If it carries on many innocent people would be getting hurt.

As for accidentally getting knocked off, seriously come on! That’s never going to happen. You’d have to have been ID’d escaping a crime and not stopping with a police pursuit going on, let’s get things in perspective.

I think something had had to be done after the formation of biker biker and handmuff warrior taking action.

I’m looking forward to someone doing a half hour compilation of all the ramming & Reading the comment section of the YT video, will be excellent.

On the subject, had anyone seen handmuff’s vids of his instagram live chats? Usually results in some nasty little chav joining in to tell him they’re going to kill him. I really don’t get how they can get away with the stuff they do online! These kids have instagram accounts bragging on their stolen vehicles.

dpb 26 November 2018 08:58 AM

Im sure they picked the hardest impact vid to show us all , to deter future toerags. Thought he'd go straight up land on the roof , thankfully he didnt smash the screen

BMWhere? 26 November 2018 09:58 AM

In each case in the video, the police only take them out when it is clearly safe to do so from the perspective of injuring passers-by - the police are trained and know what they are doing. Innocent people stop for the police, if they run, knock em off - it works both as a deterrent an a form of instant justice! Keep up the good work!

Funkii Munkii 30 November 2018 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 12035972)
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: once you hit 13 and you're robbing people at knife point .. you're not worth a second thought in my books. I'd have 10 of them knocked off and killed over one innocent person.

"Oh he was a lovely lad .. never hurt anyone .." apart from the 27 people who phones he stole, the 12 mopeds he robbed and the six people he hit with a weapon to get what he wanted ..

Bang on the money, best news item of the week, I'd hit em harder (with the car) personally

Maybe their brethren would think twice when they see them cruising the estate in their wheelchairs, not looking so tough then are they.

alcazar 02 December 2018 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by BMWhere? (Post 12035993)
In each case in the video, the police only take them out when it is clearly safe to do so from the perspective of injuring passers-by - the police are trained and know what they are doing. Innocent people stop for the police, if they run, knock em off - it works both as a deterrent an a form of instant justice! Keep up the good work!

Whilst I agree with the first part of your first sentence, the assertion that the police are in any way trained for this made me smile.

I assume you don't watch many of the police, camera, action, type progs, where supposedly "trained" pursuit drivers repeatedly FAIL to stop pursued drivers, often leaving huge holes in what anyone can see should be a foolproof trap?

However, the news that the renowned Diane Abbott is against this policy makes me think it's more than likely the right policy;)

Wurzel 03 December 2018 10:44 AM

The first of hopefully many.

https://news.sky.com/story/at-least-...olice-11568395

dpb 03 December 2018 10:51 AM

Splendid !

Wurzel 03 December 2018 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 12036696)
Splendid !

Isn't it nice having some good news to start the week? :D

The Trooper 1815 03 December 2018 03:32 PM

Stupendous!

Wurzel 04 December 2018 07:24 PM

And here it starts, the first cop under criminal investigation for knocking a guilty punk with no helmet off his scooter.

https://news.sky.com/story/met-polic...-teen-11571434

chrispy200+ 04 December 2018 10:40 PM

They better not prosecute or else that's that tactic screwed and they'll know they can get away with it still

An0n0m0us 04 December 2018 11:28 PM

But Labour has raised concerns about the approach, which shadow home secretary Diane Abbott said was "potentially very dangerous".
She is a fcuking disgrace :mad:

The Trooper 1815 05 December 2018 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 12037007)
She is a fcuking disgrace :mad:

She was FcUking Corbyn!