Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ericsson T39 problems

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2002, 06:42 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Anybody else had probs with one of these phones? I've had an Ericsson of one sort or another for nearly 6 years now and used to really rate them as a quality phone.

Got a T39 in January as I needed a tri-band and hate motorola's efforts. Phone was fine until about a month or so ago when it just stopped getting a signal and lapsed in "No Network" mode

Sent it back to SonyEricsson (well, their repair place in Telford) and received another one back a week or so later. That one received signal okay but you could hardly hear the loudspeaker....unless you turned the phone round and listened to the back of it ....seemed like the loudspeaker was installed 180deg out... Then it just stopped receiving signal. That went back.

Second replacement arrived. Very poor signal reception but also had loads of static (not reception static but internal electrical static) and high pitch squeaks and whistles. Then the speaker packed up all together. So that went back.

Third phone arrived late last week. Initially okay - ie. it turned on okay, got the same signal strength as my wife's T39 and sounded okay when I rang our home phone. Bargain. Took it shopping with me today - wife rang me.....3 bars of signal, picked up the phone and it disconnected...."No Network". Drove into the middle of Swindon (fairly good signal there usually ) - No Network. Then it suddenly roamed on and came on with 5 bars of signal. Standing still, I called home, 5 bars suddenly became 0 bars, there were some excellent electrical audio effects from the phone and then it cut off altogether. No Network.

I am assuming that I am the victim of a particularly crap repair company as I can't believe that 4 T39 phones could be so bad. I know of one person that has had similar problems but has anybody on here had cause to return/reject their T39, if so how did you get on?
I'm looking to send this back to SonyEricsson and reject it as unfit for the purpose although I don't really know where I stand. Any ideas?
Old 16 June 2002, 07:52 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i always have ericsson phones because they have been reliable for me in the past.

However i had to leave my phone with carphone w'house yesterday with the same problem. It will be back in two weeks and if not fixed i will insist they replace it
Old 17 June 2002, 09:53 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I've had a T39 replaced for the same reason as your first. Loan phone (I created ) had a dodgy display but touch wood replacement has been fine for last 2 months.

Has got some annoying features though & I could do with some of Nokia's user-friendliness sometimes
Old 17 June 2002, 10:03 AM
GEJL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine's been going for 6 months with no problems... (he says helpfully )