Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Whats with BMW and Golf drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 2002, 08:47 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

if i buy my-self a BMW or a Golf do i automaticly be come a to55er and drive like a total ****.

walking down the road the other day with my girlfriend when a bloke and 3 other blokes was in a BMW driving like a ****. so i just told him to "SLOW DOWN" (i should keep my mouth shut). He pulled over and told me to "**** OFF" and started to get out the car.
bcuz there was 4 of them i just walked away. (i know *****)

the thing about Golfs. cant they do anything under 40MPH?
Old 15 June 2002, 08:55 PM
yoza
BANNED

Red face

Not just Golf and BMW drivers...........
I drive like a **** aswell MY01.
Have you suddenly become a Policeman or what...
If he wants to drive like a **** so be it,my advise is dont get involved,leave them to it.
Old 15 June 2002, 09:16 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

this was in a built up area with children running around.

Yes i like a good drive from time to time but there is a time and place to do this.

Before you ask. yes i do try my best to stay within the speed limit. i wont be able to live with my-self if i knew i was speeding in a built up area and a 3 year old child ran out in front of my car and i couldnt stop in time.
Old 16 June 2002, 09:28 AM
skiddusmarkus
Scooby Regular

It's good that you will stand up and be counted,but just be aware that you are taking the risk of being knocked down and counted outI hate to see people spedding past where there are kids about,but there's not a lot you can do,unless you report them and then you'll need an independant witness to get any action taken.
Old 16 June 2002, 09:40 AM
nigelward
Scooby Regular

Stick the same driver in any car and I'm sure their driving would not improve.
Old 16 June 2002, 11:04 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Of course, the fact that if a 3 year old did run into the street he would likely be killed at 30mph as well. And what are this childs parents doing allowing to run onto roads in the first place? It seems you've fallen victim to the Government's brainwashing techniques i.e. anything that happens is the drivers fault.
Old 16 June 2002, 11:19 AM
g0d
Scooby Regular

never really had a problem with golfs but in my experience BMW's are driven mostly by complete ****** who are deluded enough to think it marks them out as better than other road users. They drive too fast because their BMW is above speed limits. I once had a row with a Fat **** an R reg three series compact who said to me '... thats why i drive a BMW and you drive A peugeot '
I diddn't bother pointing out that my rolex was worth almost as much as his car as that would have been somthing a BMW driver would say instead I started to open my car door and watched him dissapear down the road at high speed.

I now have the tactic of never letting a BMW pull out in front of me tailgating every one I see and using my driving style to express just how much I hate the ***** who drive them.
Old 16 June 2002, 11:53 AM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

OMG - I had a BMW and now have a Golf. There is no hope for me.....

...but hopefully the P1 sets things right
Old 16 June 2002, 12:30 PM
scooby nutter
Scooby Regular

gOd,Rayli,
totally agree mate.
If they are in a BMW prepare to be:Tailgaited by about 6" from your rear bumper

Pulled out in front of even though they saw you coming,

Turning left when your waiting at the junction and staring at you when THEY dont indicate,

Running red lights even though they can see you waiting to turn right in the middle of the ROAD!,

I think that it must be a certain requirement when owning a BMW to go on a sort of T*** driving course

I had a bit of a run-in with a BMW driver the other day,Was just getting something from the van when:BEEP BEEP,told him to F*** off and Wait.He bounces his car up the pavement and woffles on that its for access to garages etc and cant we park the van on the pavement."thats an offence" i replied,which didnt go down too well.

So he starts mouthing off about him calling the police about us parking where we did, so i told him to go ahead and ring the F****** police and see what they do.
Needless to say the police never came and he looked really P***** off as he banged his car back down the pavement and smashed his bumper on the pavement edge.How i laughed

Most of all dont ever forget :BMW drivers Own the ROAD
Old 16 June 2002, 01:51 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

scooby nutter and god. lol funny story

i bet we can go on forever about BMW drivers and i bet we all have a funny story to tell.

Ray
Old 16 June 2002, 04:38 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

"Of course, the fact that if a 3 year old did run into the street he would likely be killed at 30mph as well. And what are this childs parents doing allowing to run onto roads in the first place? It seems you've fallen victim to the Government's brainwashing techniques i.e. anything that happens is the drivers fault. "

yeah, good response.
Old 16 June 2002, 05:25 PM
scooby nutter
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

So Tiggs, You dont have any kids then??

I couldnt give a **** about drivers over the speed limit.
But you and i know where to do it.NOt down the local highstreet or outside the local highschool at 3 15pm,yes we save it for when its safe to give it a bit.

As for teaching a 3 year old how to cross a road when they can barely speak or diffentiate right from wrong at that age is another story.
Old 16 June 2002, 07:57 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Of course no parent wants their child harmed, but I get the impression that some Parents are not taking sensible precautions regarding roads and their dangers.

I wasn't allowed to cross the road on my own until I was well above 3. I was always told the dangers and the implications as Im sure 90% of the people on here were.

How many times do you see parents push their child buggies into the road before they look up or down to see if anythings coming. Hardly setting a good example to children

Sometimes it is, sometimes its not the drivers fault.

And to just blame the make of car is a ridiculous argument. There are ***** in all makes of car!

Richard
Old 16 June 2002, 08:01 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

i've got a bmw and a scoob, should i get help?
Old 16 June 2002, 08:23 PM
titmarsh
Scooby Regular

Angry

what about vectra drivers? company car+130 bhp on a mission
Old 16 June 2002, 11:45 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

make of cars that makes the driver a ****:

BMW
Nover
vectra
Golf
Merc

please add to this lists
Old 17 June 2002, 07:23 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

yeah, good response.
So you're saying it's perfectly reasonable to allow a 3 year old child to run into the street? And if the child does run into the street, the parents are entirely blameless?

At a guess, I would say that pretty much every one here managed to get to this stage in life without being killed crossing the road. Is this due to the fact that our parents did a good job ensuring this didn't happen, or was it sheer luck? Discuss.
Old 17 June 2002, 12:34 PM
Bob Fleming
Scooby Newbie

Come on chaps, you can't decide who's a bad driver simply cos of the make of car they drive!! There's not a single car out there where you can say that they're automatically a good driver! I like my beemer and i don't drive like a ****! In fact what pisses me off is that people will delibertly try to annoy me, cut me up, etc, etc, just cos I drive a red coupe. You're not helping your case either cos if you take a look at the BMW car magazine forum u won't see a single thread slagging of other makes, and when the organise meets, they do their best to eliminate the 'boy racer' types cos it's not what they're about!! As for the running over of a kid, at the end of the day, who ever was at the wheel is gonna have to live with that for the rest of their lives, would that make u think twice?!
Old 17 June 2002, 12:35 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

i agree with that some people totally suck at being a perant
Old 17 June 2002, 01:47 PM
Homer Simpson
Scooby Regular

Question

Ray_li

I think it's funny, that you are ready to tar other car drivers, but you don't even have an Impreza!!!

What do you really drive???
Old 17 June 2002, 01:49 PM
Homer Simpson
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

From http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=105502 quote from Ray_li
just as a warning i'll be asking alot of question because im at the research stage of buying a scooby
Old 18 June 2002, 02:10 AM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Im a poor poor student so my options on a car is poo poo. but i just graduated this year. so the money should be coming in soon.
Old 18 June 2002, 07:49 AM
Revengeissweet
Scooby Newbie

Angry

I have a friend who has a Bmw,he drives like a cokc and thinks he is special (and is mental!)I mean he is dangerous. he served time for an armed raid when he was 17.
his family, brother and his mother and his older brother too all own m3 convertibles (evolutions i might add)
oh and by the way only 1 of them works and the others all rinse the system.
Does this Sound wrong?
I think the system stinks!!
but they r handy if you need someone 2 disappear
Old 18 June 2002, 10:09 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Wink

I have a bmw........an e30 m3.
And im a youngish driver.
Now most of the so called ***** i see.........are driving scooby's..........they are always up for a race and have their heads so far up their *****.
My car is about 13 yrs old, and on my drive to work involves a stretch of dual carriageway, by the time i get to this road, my oil hasnt even warmed up, and a few times now, this **** in a scooby comes spanking along right up my ****, now i know i couldnt beat a scooby anyway, but why does this **** think that because ive got a moderately fast car, that i will always be up for a race!!!
Now im no saint,,,,,,,, but to say bmw drivers......golf drivers etc......ALL drive the same.......so because ive seen this scooby being driven by a ****, does this mean that most of the other people on here are *****???...........i dont think so.
To be honest i found this story very funny, but it would of been more funny if they had given you a good kickin.
Its blokes like you who open their mouth first and then think, you didnt know these people and you dont own the road, you could now be in hospital somewhere thinking, now why did i open my mouth.
Think first, there are some complete nutters about.
Not worth the risk, if anything, you saying slow down, will just wind em up even more.
Im not saying its right to speed by the way.
I never do...................................

Old 18 June 2002, 10:18 AM
BigGT3Fan
Scooby Regular

I have been a BMW driver for a while and am shortly to become a Golf driver as well - oh dear , but I would suggest that it is the driver, not the car, though of course some cars do attract certain types of driver more than others.

I know many sensible well rounded individuals with Beema's, but have seen some complete @rses too.

And, no one seems to have mentioned the worst of the drivers yet - surely we can all unite against the Volvos

Alex
Old 18 June 2002, 11:21 AM
uncle buck
Scooby Regular

Angry

Nice day yesterday so I rode my bike to work. First some tw@t in a poncy Golf convertable almost blew his engine up trying to race me then, on the way home some slag in a BMW (you know the type - platinum 'blonde' in black series 3) tries to accelerate as I overtake [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Had to brake once in front to get the stupid bitch to back off. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] she soon got the message though
Old 18 June 2002, 07:14 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Shaolin sounds like you was the bloke in the BMW that i came across. would have stood my ground and put a hole through his bonnet then run like ****. (dont stick around for the cops to come)

[Edited by Ray_li - 6/18/2002 9:25:01 PM]
Old 18 June 2002, 11:05 PM
m3person
Scooby Newbie

just adding imprezza to your list, obvously you must be very narrow minded to label everyone by the car they drive, at least i don't need 4wd to be able to keep the car on the road.

as a lot of scoobies are being nicked these days for getaway cars does that make all scooby drivers theiving f*ckers?

anyway i'll calm down, as believe it or not i like my e30 m3 and the imprezza the same amount, and at the end of the day we just all like driving our cars, don't we?
Old 18 June 2002, 11:40 PM
MHS
Scooby Newbie

I sure any one of us could pick out a driver in just about any type car that has driven like an ******* at some point.
You can't label everyone by one or 2 peoples actions that you may have witnessed then say that everyone that drives that type of car is the same.
Live and let live, if they storm up behind you then get outa the way, your not going to stop them speeding.
Old 19 June 2002, 03:06 PM
g0d
Scooby Regular

Quite obviously not all the drivers of any make of car are the same but in my experience of driving I come across very few instances of genuinely aggressive driving. most of the crap driving I see comes down to mistakes that people usually apologise for, boy racers who are to young and stupid to know any better or women who have misjudged speed or distance. Those things are OK just fact of driving on british roads but time and time again the make of car I see one foot away from my rear bumper the car that pulls on to the motorway straight across all three lanes at sixty five miles an hour and the car responsable for the majority of the things that **** me off on the roads is a BMW. I've known loads of people who drive BMW's over the years some of them OK most of them ****** but eighty percent drove like *****.

Quick Reply: Whats with BMW and Golf drivers?