Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why are some people numpties on the road

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2017, 11:39 AM
andyscoob1984
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are some people numpties on the road

What is it with some RIVAL sports car owners these days?

I was out last night minding my own business driving to work to do a night shift when this White Evo VI came flying up my rear, started beeping his horn at me and flashing his lights. I ignored him but then he pulled level with me and started showing off his power then letting me catch up again. This must have gone on for about 5 minutes before he got bored and drove off.

I wouldn't mind but he could clearly see that my 1994 classic is only a WRX and not the STI model so he would have in theory anyway beaten me so what point would that prove? Funny thing is I also own a 2008 STI hatchback with is roughly 330 - 340 bhp and he has been behind me in that but did not even try to tempt me into a race.
Old 26 November 2017, 12:04 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

***** Waving...don't let it bother you mate,it's been like that since Cane and Abel.SJ.
Old 26 November 2017, 12:11 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Our works Pug 206 van has some huge Wolfrace wheels on (fitted by previous owner). The amount of teenagers it attracts that try and race it is comical:

It's got 60bhp at best...XUD non-turbo

I may tweek the fuel pump so it just spews out black smoke at full throttle to smoke-em out
Old 26 November 2017, 12:12 PM
silver-sub
Scooby Regular

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Had it for years, i suppose it's part of the package of owning a Subaru.
Old 26 November 2017, 02:25 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless you buy a BRZ/GT86 (even the bloody Toyota badge is made by Subaru), having a reputation for being slow as **** has its perks
Old 26 November 2017, 04:52 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

"Why are some people numpties on the road?"

Answer: because they can be. Because PC pig is too busy sitting behind a camera catching folk doing no harm, just exceeding an arbitrary limit, and making easy money doing so, to catch folk driving badly/stupidly.
Old 26 November 2017, 06:41 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 26 November 2017, 07:17 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

In those circumstances I just laugh and let them go.

The biggest numptys I find who try to instigate a 'race' are the frustrated dads in people carriers/SUV's. Again, I just laugh at them and let them go to dominate the road elsewhere
Old 27 November 2017, 04:50 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's not just sports cars that it happens with... I had two at the same time a few weeks back and I was driving my Mrs 1.0L 2yr old Vauxhall Viva...

It's quick off the lights, small and very nippy up to 30mph.... speed cameras everywhere in Nottingham all the way along the route I was taking, if you catch the lights right you can sail through quite quickly, but if you get caught by one set you're buggered all the way into town... about 3 miles worth.

I'm just minding my own business making reasonable progress as you do, so I manage to attract the attention of some dude in a Range Rover sport that took umbridge at being had off the lights 3 times by a little pip squeek in a green turd so then he goes into full retard mode on the inside lane which is for buses only and proceeds to launch like a lunatic to "beat" me... which I just let him get on with as if I block him in he's going to crash into parked cars or take me out... then at the next lights he's in the right hand lane... King of the road... so I just time it right, roll down the inside lane as the lights change and muller him

At this time we seem to have caught the attention of some youths who are trying to follow my antics with an almighty screech behind me as the two plonkers nearly take each other out trying to beat me to where it becomes a single lane I was just giggling my **** off thinking bloody amateurs.
Old 27 November 2017, 08:02 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

If they are behind me and goading/tailgating, my usual trick is to time the gaps in traffic on approach to roundabouts and junctions so I can carry on without stopping and they are forced to stop. That usually put some cars and distance between us.

My other trick which is amusing with tailgating SUVs is driving down a familiar twisty road and not slowing down for any sharp bends...I go round no probs then watch them crap themselves in mirror as their wallowing 4x4 goes all out of shape; They usually back off after that...even Range Rovers and X5s have their limits on sharp twisties.

It's funny how they are willing to go faster on the straights yet have no idea of where the sharp bends are or where the safe braking points are for their size/weight vehicle and just rely on the leading vehicle's brake lights.
Old 27 November 2017, 08:21 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

My thoughts and actions when seeing a numpty driver...

We don't know what kind of day next driver of the numpty car is having or the reasons behind there actions which can be reckless, intimidating or just stupid...

We should just stay clear take a moment and just let them go...
never get egged on

Why spoil your day and spread negativity around yourself and others around you over somebody else's actions just stay safe and clear instead of engaging in there game or there way

You'll feel much better after instead and have a nice jolly day and spread happiness with that smile

Just my 20p's worth
Old 27 November 2017, 08:44 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I find the biggest numpties on the roads are Mk1 Vauxhall Zafira drivers. Always driven like it was stolen, but I know they weren't because no one in their right mind would actually steal one!
Old 27 November 2017, 08:46 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZANY
My thoughts and actions when seeing a numpty driver...

We don't know what kind of day next driver of the numpty car is having or the reasons behind there actions which can be reckless, intimidating or just stupid...

We should just stay clear take a moment and just let them go...
never get egged on

Why spoil your day and spread negativity around yourself and others around you over somebody else's actions just stay safe and clear instead of engaging in there game or there way

You'll feel much better after instead and have a nice jolly day and spread happiness with that smile

Just my 20p's worth
Bloody good advice. I wish I followed that more often!

People here sit on your asse in traffic or just speeding down the freeway and it makes me nuts! My wife has constantly told me to keep it chilled as you don't know what kind of psycho is in the car and what assault rifle or pistol they are carrying - I really should listen as she is a Texan and really does know what she's talking about!

I don't see as many people here doing the racer boi thing in traffic, though, probably due to what I mentioned above!
Old 27 November 2017, 10:56 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

I was in my old blob wagon some years ago, with the Mrs driving; we had been tailgated by a merc which came alongside at a set of lights. She said" Watch this" and started revving the nuts off the car. Lights went green and the merc bit, went hooning off, and she just sat there. Then she calmly set off, lesson learned there I thought, round the corner, there's the merc sticking out of a hedge. She gave him a wave, said " I didn't see that " and drove on. Gotta love a good woman
Old 28 November 2017, 06:45 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
I was in my old blob wagon some years ago, with the Mrs driving; we had been tailgated by a merc which came alongside at a set of lights. She said" Watch this" and started revving the nuts off the car. Lights went green and the merc bit, went hooning off, and she just sat there. Then she calmly set off, lesson learned there I thought, round the corner, there's the merc sticking out of a hedge. She gave him a wave, said " I didn't see that " and drove on. Gotta love a good woman
Old 28 November 2017, 07:48 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've recently passed my bike test so although I have 98bhp in a thing that weighs less than a car seat, I can't ride for **** so I take it easy. I'm actually surprised by the number of people who feel sitting on my **** is acceptable especially when rarely sat at the limit.

Experienced quite a few road blockers too .. if I have to queue so do you type thing and only one drama queen who swerved right over to the other side in standing traffic as I passed.
Old 28 November 2017, 09:37 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
I've recently passed my bike test so although I have 98bhp in a thing that weighs less than a car seat, I can't ride for **** so I take it easy. I'm actually surprised by the number of people who feel sitting on my **** is acceptable especially when rarely sat at the limit.

Experienced quite a few road blockers too .. if I have to queue so do you type thing and only one drama queen who swerved right over to the other side in standing traffic as I passed.
Riding a bike on the road is like being in a boxing ring... defend yourself at all times...

Even when they look right at you into your eyes... they'll still do something stupid.... mark my words.
Old 28 November 2017, 11:13 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Aye I'm seeing that