Had a non fault bump..

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2017, 07:33 PM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a non fault bump..

Advice...

Woman in a Toyota bumped us from behind when we were sat stationary at the traffic lights..

We got out and exchanged details,although she asked me to get quotes as she wanted to pay.
Quotes around £500,so she decides that insurance is the best option for her as she cant afford to pay out.
Her insurance rang me immediately and said she had admitted full liability and that an assessor will be along with 24hrs to look at damage and go from there.
They will also provide me with a courtesy car like for like....I asked in the conversation what to do about my insurance company and they said (LV) that they would sort all the necessary contact out..

It was all very slick,and am just waiting to hear from assessor.

Question.... Do i ring my own insurance company to put them in the picture of whats going on.?
Or is it all computerised now?

TIA
Old 01 August 2017, 07:46 PM
sti-chris
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You would have to let your insurance company know right away regardless.
In the terms and conditions it is mandatory to let your insurance know. well all the companies I have used over the passed 20 odd years.
Old 01 August 2017, 08:25 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, let your insurance company know. I've had someone run into the back of me twice. On one occasion my insurance company was happy for the at fault driver's insurance company to deal with everything, saying that it cut costs. The second time, they said not and that they would deal with it. So it may come down to the insurance companies, i.e. if they are all the same underwriter it may work differently.

The second time the at fault driver was with Admiral, I was with Churchill. I got a letter just before my renewal time saying that whilst the driver had admitted fault and Admiral had agreed that they were liable, Churchill had not received the cash and hence this would count as an outstanding claim, potentially affecting my renewal.

I was all ready for a fight, given that I wouldn't have had the problem if Admiral had dealt with the claim and I was advised not to take that course of action, but fortunately the money came through very soon after and I didn't have the need to get arsey!