Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Customer Service!!!

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2017, 10:03 AM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Customer Service!!!

Our water company was offering a free home check so we arranged an appointment. Guy came yesterday and the only thing he could find that needed anything was the downstairs toilet which had a tiny leak which he said he'd fixed. An hour or so after he'd left we discovered that it wouldn't flush!

Called the water company this morning and they told me that their "engineer's" report said that the toilet was already broken and there was a large crack in the tank!

I told them it's been working perfectly for five years but they wouldn't budge and said that they had no responsibility to fix it and we should get a plumber in to fix it. Spoke to a supervisor who read me the report again and said it was nothing to do with them.

They refused to send another engineer.

Called OFWAT who said we have to make a written complaint to the water company and if we weren't happy with the water company's response we could get back to OFWAT again.

Furious? Yes I am.
Old 25 April 2017, 10:10 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

What did he actually do to it . Loos aernt that complicated

Did HE crack the cistern ?!!
Old 25 April 2017, 12:16 PM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

No, the cistern is not cracked and I have taken some pics to prove that. It looks like he undid the cistern valve and couldn't work out how to put it back together.

I asked them to send me a copy of his report. They said they were not sure if that was technically possible but they would call me back. Nothing yet (called two hours ago) and I'm not holding my breath...
Old 25 April 2017, 01:15 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Go higher, email their CEO.
Old 25 April 2017, 01:44 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are some companies who simply excel with customer service.
I purchased an oil tank monitor from a company recently(it was posted about on here) - their customer service is the best I've seen. Amazon customer service is also fantastic in my experience.

There are some shockers out there though.
Old 25 April 2017, 02:21 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

LOL, you should try French customer service form their big companies, Orange/France Telecom, Intermarche, Hyper-U etc.

You HAVE had decent customer service if they haven't sworn at you.
Old 25 April 2017, 03:00 PM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

Totally agree about Amazon customer service - they've always been superb.

Last October the power went. Thought it was a power cut, but it wasn't. Took the power company eight days to restore the mains supply. Had a diesel generator in the front garden while they dug a new 50 metre trench up the road to connect to the mains. When they'd finished I noticed a dent in the rear wing of one of our cars which wasn't there before (took lots of pics before the first lot of workmen arrived). Called customer service who said they weren't responsible for any damage and I should claim off my car insurance. When I explained that the car wasn't insured they sent a cheque for £150.

But, just like the water company there was never a "Sorry" just implying that their guys are always right and that I am lying. That's what really pisses me off!

Like the idea of emailing the CEO. How could I find out his email address?

Trending Topics

Old 25 April 2017, 03:31 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Can you not take the cistern lid off and see why it doesn't flush?

Either it fills with water but nothings happens when you use flush lever or it does't refill after a flush. Floats easily get jammed or whatever. Really could be a simple fix and you don't want a plumber sucking in breath and charging you £5 plus an £80 call out charge.

Happy flushing, David

re CEO email. These is a site for this - something like CEOemail.

Or take whole family to water company HQ just before they close and ask to use the toilets as they have broken yours
Old 27 April 2017, 07:04 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.ceoemail.com/