Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Goodwood Festival of speed

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2016, 06:26 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodwood Festival of speed

We won 2 tickets to the 2017 event. I've never been before.

Few quick questions.

1) What's the best day to go?

2) As I'm travelling from Co.Durham, rather than drive we were going to travel by train. Is there local busses to take people in and out of the venue?

3) Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay (preferably with access to busses to get to and from event)

4) If busses a no go (and we have to drive) is it a nightmare getting in and out via car?

Cheers
Old 12 December 2016, 06:44 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

If you'd taken the trouble to spend 5 minutes looking at their website, you would have found these links, which should answer most of your questions:
https://www.goodwood.com/flagship-ev.../getting-here/
https://www.goodwood.com/flagship-ev.../staying-over/

Or you could just send me the tickets instead, as I live pretty local and I'll have no trouble getting there
Old 12 December 2016, 06:51 PM
b road blaster
Scooby Regular

you have a pm mate
Old 12 December 2016, 06:59 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
If you'd taken the trouble to spend 5 minutes looking at their website, you would have found these links, which should answer most of your questions:
https://www.goodwood.com/flagship-ev.../getting-here/
https://www.goodwood.com/flagship-ev.../staying-over/

Or you could just send me the tickets instead, as I live pretty local and I'll have no trouble getting there
I'd send you the tickets, but that would mean taking the trouble to do it.
Old 16 December 2016, 04:20 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

I live fairly local too. I have heard that lots of b&b's and hotels around the area hike the prices considerably, and what would normally cost £100 a night is 5 or even 10 times the price over that period.
Best advice there is book early as possible, as most places will get booked up.

Sunday is probably the best day to go, as that is when most of the star drivers are normally there.

Good luck with the trains . . . . . . Southern Rail!! . . My son hasn't been able to get to college in Chichester all week!
Old 16 December 2016, 05:26 PM
Shane
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I've always gone on the Friday, cheaper, a bit quieter and if there's been any rain the ground hasn't been churned up quite as much. As for drivers, I go for the cars, not the people in them, my boy still got autographs from Ken Block, Jarri Matti Latvala, James Martin, Jason Plato, Andrew Jordan, Mark Higgins and Ross Brawn on the Friday this year. Other than the current crop of F1 and Moto GP stars a lot of the drivers are there on all 3 days.

I always drive from Hastings, arrive early, and I mean early to avoid traffic and parking is plentiful and well managed.

Any more questions ask away, think I've been for the last 10 years now, it just gets bigger and bigger.

Shane
Old 17 December 2016, 07:22 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck booking a hotel. We booked back in October and reall struggled to find a room.
They recently knocked the FOS back by 1 week due to a clash with F1. I was onto the hotel 2 minutes after the email landed and we got the last room available for the new dates as so many people had already swapped.

Do your tickets not stipulate what day you are to go on?