Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Blokes with daughters?

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2016, 07:21 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Blokes with daughters?

It's an old one I know but I challenge you not to get a bit choked up, my daughter is 5 and it gets me a bit lol

Old 25 November 2016, 05:07 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's there to get choked up about??????

He's miming for a start, and secondly, it's a **** song.
Old 25 November 2016, 06:08 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

its very much 'merican , not quite the same thing I suppose
Old 25 November 2016, 07:15 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

There has been a lot on da tinterweb about father-daughter e.g. some awesome father-daughter dances in the daughter's wedding etc. where the father actually steals the floor! Heart warming stuff. Dads are generally cool people!
Old 26 November 2016, 09:04 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

yeah the father / daughter relationship is a special one

special but also interesting, in that it seems to me - from my experience, that it often drives the type of man the daughter finds attractive, both in a positive and negative way

it actually highlights both what an amazing privilege and responsibility it is to be a parent
Old 26 November 2016, 09:48 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

you could have dad like this one , yikes

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/...cid=spartanntp
Old 26 November 2016, 10:38 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
you could have dad like this one , yikes

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/...cid=spartanntp
If you look, you'll find all sorts out there, but normal dads aren't like that. Daughters have a special relationship with their fathers. In my personal experience of my parents, it was my father who I looked up to; in terms of his professional and compassion strengths. I looked up to my mum to look like her, because she was/is always so beautiful. Father encouraged my siblings and I to take risks whereas mother worried and seemed illogical with her worries sometimes to my growing ears, although she's very well-read. She has more degrees then my father had.

In my own parenthood, Mr. T. would allow our kids to take more risks and I would balance it by letting them know how to prevent potential harm/s from such risks. I believe I'm more mind-driven in comparison to my emotions-driven mum, but she's not all that weak and whimpering at all! She's a strong woman- just culturally more protective than what's required for a human in general.

Dads are special because they are the secure source of never-ending strength and logic. They are protective too, but not over-emotionally. I like that. Such protection develops self-reliability whereas over-emotional motherly one fosters fear and dependency.

If my siblings and I were in physical and/or emotional pain, mum was the word. If we were in some practical pain, dad was always there for us. It doesn't mean he wasn't compassionate. Actually, I've never met any other man as compassionate as him in my life so far. It's just that my mum and dad had their own areas of parenting that they looked after, but sometimes they overlapped, and helped each other. Oh, my dad was extremely good in helping me revise for my exams. He used to wake me up, make me a cup of tea and stay with me as my sounding board/revision tutor. His Math, other sciences, history and geography were impeccable!

It's good that generally, mum and dads are different like that, as the combination provides a balanced parenting.

So, not all dads are like Trump. Trump and Co. are just scandalous, because they can afford to be.
Old 26 November 2016, 09:46 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You really are a soft coont pimmo.
Old 26 November 2016, 10:35 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bioforger
"he is a lover not a fighter"

The very reverend Michael Jackson RIP
Old 27 November 2016, 09:37 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bioforger
that hurts

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
"he is a lover not a fighter"

The very reverend Michael Jackson RIP
Old 27 November 2016, 12:00 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

One thing is there that many people, even if they have had daughters, develop no respect for others' daughters and others' fatherhood.

They will act very protective towards their own daughter, and won't let anyone look at them with 'different' eyes, but their own eyes will be all over others' daughters.

Having daughters may make you into an all-sentimental being for your own daughter, but not necessarily it educates you to value other dads' daughters in similar ways.

Not applicable to every case, not applicable at all to good dads like mine, my children's dad and many good dads here on SN, but very applicable to many chavtastic cases that are found scattered around the world. More than the cases of mistreating your own daughters, I guess.

This gutter chavness is not exclusively reserved in financially powerful ones like Trump.