Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

They'll kill you son.........

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2016, 09:51 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They'll kill you son.........

Liked the story I heard this morning about the allegedly oldest man in the world. At a claimed 145 years old with some documentation to prove it he lived in Indonesia. I don't believe for a moment he was that old but I am sure he was well over the ton mark. He had outlived all his children and was now looked after by his grandson.
The bit I liked was when his grandson said his grandad was most happy sitting on the porch watching the world go by. He said he enjoyed nothing more than his favourite cigarettes but his grandson had insisted he now had filter ones only As an ex-smoker I always enjoy these stories typically the old Granny at her 100th birthday party when she said that the secret of her robust health was a few **** a day and a stiff brandy to help her sleep

David

Last edited by David Lock; 08 September 2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08 September 2016, 10:57 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, there are odd stories of that sort, but both alcohol and cigarettes are proven culprits. My next door is 80 and smokes at least 15 a day. She's fit as a fiddle; cutting her grass, washing her net curtains every fortnight, catching bus to the town with her fast legs. All she has is Myopic Degeneration but she manages very well with her magnifiers and keeps up with her love to read. But that doesn't mean that the rest of us would respond this way to the culprit intakes.

Shame that some things we like are harmful to us.
Old 10 September 2016, 10:56 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by David Lock
Liked the story I heard this morning about the allegedly oldest man in the world. At a claimed 145 years old with some documentation to prove it he lived in Indonesia. I don't believe for a moment he was that old but I am sure he was well over the ton mark. He had outlived all his children and was now looked after by his grandson.
The bit I liked was when his grandson said his grandad was most happy sitting on the porch watching the world go by. He said he enjoyed nothing more than his favourite cigarettes but his grandson had insisted he now had filter ones only As an ex-smoker I always enjoy these stories typically the old Granny at her 100th birthday party when she said that the secret of her robust health was a few **** a day and a stiff brandy to help her sleep

David
Clearly though the risks out weight the benefits.

People who smoke say silly things, like "who wants to live forever" or "you have to die sometime"

Agreed, but why increase the chance of it being slow, painful and basically awful? there's enough of that without adding to it
Old 10 September 2016, 11:15 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

quitting the smokes at 120 plus is just a little bit pointless though