Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Low Flying Milatary Jets

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2016, 10:42 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Flying Milatary Jets

So tonight I am sitting in my Lounge only to get seriously concerned by a noise emanating above which sounded like "Serious **** going down" So I witnessed 5 may be 6 jets moving so quickly that they almost appeared as one straight line. After the event I complained to the RAF about the intrusion tbh it was something I have never seen in 17 years

Last edited by Fabioso; 12 August 2016 at 05:03 AM.
Old 11 August 2016, 10:46 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

You complained about the 'intrusion'?

Who'd have thought a bit of noise for a few seconds was so much more important than national security eh? I'm sure the RAF will stop flying over your house from now on and if we ever get invaded, they will plan the flight-path around your house so as to not wake you up or disturb you on a Sunday afternoon whilst your sipping pimms in the back garden.
Old 11 August 2016, 10:55 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabioso
So tonight I am sitting in my Lounge only to get seriously concerned by a noise emanating above which sounded like "Serious **** going down" So I witnessed 5 may be 6 jets moving so quickly that they almost appeared as one straight line. After the event I complained to the RAF about the intrusion tbh it was something I have never seen ion the 17 years
Where abouns are you?
Old 11 August 2016, 11:56 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

are you near the isle of wight ??

red arrows display this evening..
Old 12 August 2016, 12:01 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

So tonight I am sitting in my Lounge only to get seriously concerned by a noise emanating above which sounded like "Serious **** going down" So I witnessed 5 may be 6 jets moving so quickly that they almost appeared as one straight line. After the event I complained to the RAF about the intrusion tbh it was something I have never seen ion the 17 years
You must be a seriously boring F××ker if you have to complain about our national security being kept.
Old 12 August 2016, 05:50 AM
asht88
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol

why do people always complain

enjoy it! would of been a great view and sound! lets hope people dont complain about how loud your exhaust is hmmm
Old 12 August 2016, 06:19 AM
Munk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peedee
You complained about the 'intrusion'?

Who'd have thought a bit of noise for a few seconds was so much more important than national security eh? I'm sure the RAF will stop flying over your house from now on and if we ever get invaded, they will plan the flight-path around your house so as to not wake you up or disturb you on a Sunday afternoon whilst your sipping pimms in the back garden.
Old 12 August 2016, 08:55 AM
Jay Cartay
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You complained to the RAF? Really?

"Sorry lads, can't intercept those Russian nuclear bombers anymore, we might disturb somebody"......
Old 12 August 2016, 09:02 AM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Received 77 Likes on 60 Posts

Old 12 August 2016, 09:22 AM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What sort of tool are you, they're the coolest things on the planet. I wish I could get to see them more often.
I definitely want to hear a sonic boom aswell, over my house if possible😃.

I worked on the Alexander tower in the Albert dock and two tornado's following the path of the Mersey were at eye level with us (we were in a cradle on the outside of the building) and maybe 200ft away, my god what a sight and sound.

Hard on material
Old 12 August 2016, 10:45 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

I hope to god you didn't spill your beer!
Old 12 August 2016, 12:14 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

What's a Milatary Jet?
Old 12 August 2016, 12:29 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So tonight I am sitting in my Lounge only to get seriously concerned by a noise emanating above which sounded like "Serious **** going down" So I witnessed 5 may be 6 jets moving so quickly that they almost appeared as one straight line. After the event I complained to the RAF about the intrusion tbh it was something I have never seen in 17 years
Fabioso, were you one of the actors in that current Ford 'Unlearn' advert, tutting away furiously.
Old 12 August 2016, 01:24 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

We had a Tornado go over our rural house yesterday at around 500 feet, banking full over and giving it beans. all I could do was whoop for joy and think "Jammy Git" about the pilot.
Old 12 August 2016, 01:54 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

# Hiiigh-waaay...to...the...danger zone #

RIP Tony Scott

Last edited by joz8968; 12 August 2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12 August 2016, 02:27 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by albob
are you near the isle of wight ??

red arrows display this evening..
I went and watched on the beach, was a good display lasting 30 minutes. Apparently a Typhoon is doing a few moves this evening.

As for complaining i'm with everyone else love it when military jets are about as well as previously having had an Apache helicopter hovering overhead they make some serious noise for a helicopter (but then you start wondering what is a helicopter gunship doing hovering over your house )
Old 12 August 2016, 03:17 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

How do you even go about complaining to the RAF? are the listed in the yellow pages?
Old 12 August 2016, 03:20 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

lol

"...Oh, my name? J...R...Hartley."

Last edited by joz8968; 12 August 2016 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12 August 2016, 03:45 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Dear RAF,

Please could you make an effort to make your planes quieter? I mean, we have to put different exhausts on for track days and get tickets from the Police for loud exhausts on the roads. I almost spilt my beer for Christ sake!

Can you not just put a better exhaust on them flying things?

Yours truly,

Mr Grumpy.
Old 12 August 2016, 04:01 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Giggling like a t***t, here.
Old 12 August 2016, 04:14 PM
jason7579
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to enjoy watching (and hearing) Concorde go over my house. Regular as clockwork so I could make sure that I could scare the crap out of friends by getting them outside as it flew over. That was every single day and I never felt the need to complain about it.
Old 12 August 2016, 09:22 PM
madman69
Scooby Regular

All I can say is thank f..k the RAF are up there doing there job like all of our forces,
and keeping us as safe as they can so we can sleep well at night . And so the ODD person can moan to the RAF ABOUT THE NOISE
Old 12 August 2016, 09:41 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

You should count yourself lucky....

All I get is the Police helicopter hovering over the house for 20 mins looking for some ****** whos hiding out....(not me by the way)
Now that is annoying at 0100 in the morning....!

Them Typhoons are spine tingling ,hair up on the back of your neck tackle..!
Awesome...

Last edited by njkmrs; 13 August 2016 at 02:11 AM.
Old 12 August 2016, 09:55 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Cant beat a bit of this though

and he could do it all bloody day long

Mart
Old 12 August 2016, 11:03 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

At least Fabioso is quiet.(LOL.)
Old 12 August 2016, 11:43 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

I think the issue here is people are not understanding the context of the situation and assuming aspects of this and then criticising without having the full picture. If I had a video of what happened then perhaps you would all be in a better position to understand the complaint.

I totally support our military and have no problem with operations that are in the National interest. However, pilots should always be held accountable for their actions and that is why I have made a formal complaint. I gained access to the RAF through a civilian complaints process that most people are unaware of and this provided me with a phone number and funnily enough it didn't involve the yellow pages............

I am always happy to see our boys flying in an operational context that is justified. However I am going to complain when I see something that appears to be unnecessary and with no operational context.

Apologies for my spelling in the header, sometimes these days I have problems with certain letters and this ends up reflecting in my typing. I do try to put everything through a spell checker to rectify but sometimes I forget to do so.
Old 12 August 2016, 11:52 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Unless your ex RAF how can you quantify this statement?

However I am going to complain when I see something that appears to be unnecessary and with no operational context.
Give more details about what you saw so the SN Jury can make a proper judgement.

Maybe they were scrambled to intercept Donalds hairpiece, who knows!
Old 13 August 2016, 12:11 AM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

I don't think I could describe the situation adequately in words without someone getting the wrong end of the stick so hence my reference to wishing there was a video available to show and demonstrate why I made the complaint.

If people are that bothered then I am happy to share the response from the outcome of the complaint. People are very quick to judge on here without gaining a proper understanding of the entire situation.

I've explained in broad detail what happened and if I try and go deeper it's only going to end up with debates on a point by point basis which is not going to make a jot of difference to the complaint outcome.
Old 13 August 2016, 12:28 AM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

I don't think I could describe the situation adequately in words without someone getting the wrong end of the stick so hence my reference to wishing there was a video available to show and demonstrate why I made the complaint.

If people are that bothered then I am happy to share the response from the outcome of the complaint. People are very quick to judge on here without gaining a proper understanding of the entire situation.

I've explained in broad detail what happened and if I try and go deeper it's only going to end up with debates on a point by point basis which is not going to make a jot of difference to the complaint outcome.
I'm not bothered, just trying to have a jolly about the situation! Hence my reference to the SN Jury!

There are plenty on here who are very quick to judge without knowing the facts.

You have every right to complain if you feel what you saw was bad airmanship.
Old 13 August 2016, 12:56 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

you are complaining about something you know nothing about. You have no idea why they were operating in the manner they were. Is having a few military jets make a bit of noise for a few moments really that inconvenient to you that you just had to make an official complaint? If they were going that fast the noise can't have been for more than a few seconds.

You said yourself you've not had anything like it in 17 years so a one off is hardly a big deal

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 13 August 2016 at 12:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Low Flying Milatary Jets